Beginning To Understand Her

Never start a grow without the proper pest/fungal control. Never think, " I can just go the the store and by some" "insert brand" ". Cause on that day they will be out and restock is in a week. So you try something new that seems OK ,at first. Population diminishes, but plant suffers. Then population goes boom!! Then you buy the real stuff, the stuff you wanted cause you know how it works, and it works real damn good. But its too late for the plant. So you take cuttings hoping that out of 32 one will root and live. Fingers arecrossed
DSCF01034.JPG
DSCF007210.JPG
The tiny plant with the swollen seed pod is my Sour D. x Romulan that gave me male pollen. 1 Feminized seed from the pollen bearing plant. Plus, I am going to transplant her, she will live another season. I used the pollen from her on my Sharks Breath and have 12 seeds from that cross.
DSCF00937.JPG
DSCF00873.JPG
On the left is 3 ACDC cuttings and 4 Omrita Rx3 cuttings , on the right is what looks like a jungle after being hit with napalm, 32 cuttings from GDP x Blue cheese
DSCF00687.JPG

Seeds arrived today!! :high-five:
DSCF000555.JPG
DSCF000837.JPG
DSCF000354.JPG
DSCF000745.JPG
DSCF000646.JPG
:cheer:

info from single seed center
From Green House Seeds,
Cheese. Very few strains of marijuana hail from the UK, but the exception is the Cheese strain. This line was developed for its fast growth and its good yield and was created by combining a Skunk and an Afghani.

Skunk is typically bred into a strain for its yield and generous THC level and Cheese certainly doesn't disappoint in this respect. Production is good and you should see your plant ready for harvest in around 8 weeks.

THC: 18.17%
CBD: 0.1%
CBG: 0.41%
My thoughts , love the Cheese. Loved it before it hopped across the pond, and still love it today.

From Barneys Farm
Acapulco Gold, The Sativa dominant Acapulco Gold strain is a great looking and attractive plant; one that has the added benefit of being heavily laden with highly visible THC crystals. The long lasting high relaxes the body and induces calmness making it a classic high.

The Central American originated plant will be ready for harvest in around 10 weeks and the colas have gold and red flecks to give them the unique Acapulco Gold look. All in all, this is a great strain that you should certainly give some time to.

Type: Sativa Dominant
Genetics: Central American
Yield: 500gr x m2
Height: 70-80cm
Flowering Time: 70-75 Days
Harvest Time: Mid October
THC: 23%
CBD: 0.7%

My thoughts. This was one of the strains i grew up smoking in the SF Bay Area, always made me stupid ,lazy, and feeling good.

From HomeGrown Fantaseeds
Trainwreck , Genetics: Original clone from Arcata, USA. Reversed 100% feminized.

Effect: Like the name suggests, a real blast. It hits fast, and it hits hard. Stony on the body, confusing and trippy on the brain. A truly powerful smoke.

Flowering indoor: Ready in 8 weeks, expect a lot of resin and tower-like calyx formation deforming the buds in the final stages of ripening. Production up to 500 grams per square meter.

Flowering outdoor: Ready beginning October, with stretchy branches and long shaped colas. Production up to 700 grams per plant.

THC: 21.74%
CBD: 0.77%
CBG: 0.1%

My Thoughts, um, damn hit me with that Train again?

From Blimburn
Critical Automatic is the result of cross-breeding Lowryder with Critical Mass. It is a very stable automatic strain with great aroma and flavour which is often hard to find in the myriad of new auto-flowering strains on the market. The main characteristic of this strain is that apart from its rapid growth it reaches considerable size with short inter-modal distance. It also develops many lateral branches that allow it to produce more buds.

Genetics Lowryder x Critical
Variety Ruderalis (auto-flowering)
Sex Feminised
THC Content Medium/High
CBD Content Unknown
Yield 50-100 gr
Plant Height 0.75-1m
Grows Greenhouse, Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time 10 weeks
Harvest Month 3 months period

My thoughts, we'll see. Never had an auto finish for me, maybe this one will, we'll see.

Also from Blimburn
Tijuana
Tijuana is the stable result of a three-way cross. It is an almost pure sativa with flavours that linger on the palate. It is a good, creative strain.

Genetics, Queen Mother x Mexico x Original Haze
Variety Pure Sativa
Sex Feminised
THC Content High
CBD Content Unknown
Yield 400 gr
Plant Height 2 - 3m
Grows Greenhouse, Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time 11 weeks
Harvest Month Mid November

My thoughts, holy shit balls. Might cross some of these Sativas with my hash plant.
:peace:

Prices in Colorado are real low. Glad to see that legal cannabis sales are lower in price.:peace:

I knew when the law stepped aside the paper tiger would fall. Now we're gonna see how cheap you can REALLY grow weed and how much it SHOULD cost! Can anybody say "$100.00 an ounce for kind?" ;)

I knew when the law stepped aside the paper tiger would fall. Now we're gonna see how cheap you can REALLY grow weed and how much it SHOULD cost! Can anybody say "$100.00 an ounce for kind?" ;)

No way. It will go down, then some assholes will sue, insurance prices will skyrocket, energy folks will hop on and jack prices and soon BOOM! prices explode again!

To get me as a customer and to stop doing my thing, they'd have to hit me with back in the day pricing. When a nickel bag was a nickel and a dime bag was a dime. A kyoo-pee for one twenty was the deal back then; it was the color of straw and smelled like hash too so they better not skimp on the quality either..... :)

Today I visited my hippie friend:hippy:. She blessed me with fine herb and seeds for future crops. I asked her how she breeds. Turns out she has had the sexes back wards for 45 years. She started with some seeds from some Acapulco Gold in the 60's and has kept growing. She never had a book, or a knowledgeable grower teach her how to grow. She just scattered the seeds and watered, what grew is what she got. The seeds she blessed me with are from her males crossed with 3 females I gave her two seasons ago. :cheer:.

Today I visited my hippie friend:hippy:. She blessed me with fine herb and seeds for future crops. I asked her how she breeds. Turns out she has had the sexes back wards for 45 years. She started with some seeds from some Acapulco Gold in the 60's and has kept growing. She never had a book, or a knowledgeable grower teach her how to grow. She just scattered the seeds and watered, what grew is what she got. The seeds she blessed me with are from her males crossed with 3 females I gave her two seasons ago. :cheer:.

Very cool! you just got some great genetics... maybe as hybrids can be wonky but dang! If you can get a few of "her" seeds that would be like "jackpot!" :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit-- oddly I just made a post about seeds too :cheesygrinsmiley:

This is my first grow ever, I'm about 4 weeks into veg and what I can tell you is this...Nothing ever works out to what you picture it to be in the end you will be forced to improvise and work with what you have. When i made my list of things to get and what I needed I decided not to start my grow until everything on the list was checked off, after about a month and a half of still collecting equipment and things I just decided to heck with it and plant my beans. It has been an adventure so far, but the knowledge and experience I have gained so far have been so valuable I cannot wait to start my next grow.

This is my first grow ever, I'm about 4 weeks into veg and what I can tell you is this...Nothing ever works out to what you picture it to be in the end you will be forced to improvise and work with what you have. When i made my list of things to get and what I needed I decided not to start my grow until everything on the list was checked off, after about a month and a half of still collecting equipment and things I just decided to heck with it and plant my beans. It has been an adventure so far, but the knowledge and experience I have gained so far have been so valuable I cannot wait to start my next grow.

Neato, Welcome brotherbuddz, and thanks for your thoughts on your current first grow! Remember to be patient, during the last two weeks of flowering the flowers put on weight, you might have to support the colas during the finish.

Oh and, Have a great Super Bowl Sunday ! Go Brohawks, and Seancos. :cheer:

Neato, Welcome brotherbuddz, and thanks for your thoughts on your current first grow! Remember to be patient, during the last two weeks of flowering the flowers put on weight, you might have to support the colas during the finish.

Oh and, Have a great Super Bowl Sunday ! Go Brohawks, and Seancos. :cheer:

Thanks man!!! I'm going to my local hardware store to pickup some twine and bamboo stakes.....

Man Broncos got rocked!!!

Well now, starting my 4th season outdoors. Stressed over the things that need to get done, but have to be delayed, due to factors beyond my control. I am however,learning to roll with it. As I do so, I am picking up helpful things, advice, money, tools, science, and time. The more time I spend gardening with this plant the better I feel.

side_a_25_down.JPG
the_rest.JPG

Been diggin in the dirt. Finding the time there getting it ready for this seasons crop to be rewarding physically and mentally. Plenty to do, one hole at a time. The biggest I dug yesterday, today I had help with a smaller one. These two holes got a log each and some oyster mushroom inoculated straw and wood chips. Three holes down, one to go. I planted more roses in the garden, soon blueberry bushes , grape vines, and a dwarf orange tree.
Time for some doobage.

Your garden sounds awesome. I'm really looking forward to Spring. This winter has been brutal. In answer to your original question I think confidence comes with experience but the excitement always remains the same. I'm loving this grow as much as every other grow I've ever had. For me it is a passion to watch this beautiful plant grow. I love subtle differences in every strain. My current grow has been amazing and I'm looking forward to my next one already. I got some seeds from our 420mag sponsor Bonzaseeds.com. I can tell that the vibe in your garden is like mine. Enjoy the fruits of your labor Smoke2J's

I truly believe that the whole growing experience has given me a different perspective on this great plant. It is almost sad that in the end they will die to give us what we want, it is their sacrifice that will make us feel better after all the love we give them. Before my harvest i will say a little prayer to thank my plants

Your garden sounds awesome. I'm really looking forward to Spring. This winter has been brutal. In answer to your original question I think confidence comes with experience but the excitement always remains the same. I'm loving this grow as much as every other grow I've ever had. For me it is a passion to watch this beautiful plant grow. I love subtle differences in every strain. My current grow has been amazing and I'm looking forward to my next one already. I got some seeds from our 420mag sponsor Bonzaseeds.com. I can tell that the vibe in your garden is like mine. Enjoy the fruits of your labor Smoke2J's

:Namaste: Welcome Calyx Hunter, and to all the lurkers as well. Pull up a chair , we've got lemonade and iced tea, pack a bowl and have a sip. :welcome:
Thanks for sharing some of your experiences and passion with this plant. I have been fascinated with color changes, in particular this one. Omrita Rx3
DSCF01394.JPG
DSCF01384.JPG
She is so purple and red she is almost black. When the leaves , branches, and flowers have been exposed to the sun long enough and the temperature drops, boom ,the color under the chlorophyll comes through. Some are purple,others gold, blue, pink. Its pretty cool how she colors our world.

I think I was just jealous of your weather in the other thread and forgot to say... Dang sweet plants!!! or something else deep and intellectual like that :cheesygrinsmiley:

I truly believe that the whole growing experience has given me a different perspective on this great plant. It is almost sad that in the end they will die to give us what we want, it is their sacrifice that will make us feel better after all the love we give them. Before my harvest i will say a little prayer to thank my plants

I don't share this often but......
I sing this song to them when i begin soaking and for planting " Be strong and vibrant, be the best you can, you will be medicine for people who will respect you and cherish the wonders you work for them. You will live under the sun in lush soil and never want for water or food. I will protect you from creatures, insects and molds, from strong winds , from days of harsh heat, and rain, be strong and healthy be happy and thrive"

When I harvest i sing " Thank you for being the best you can be, You have grown all season and are fat with seed and flowers full of resin , now its time for harvest, for flowers, leaves and seed, . A sister of yours will follow, but that's next season, and she will be a tree.":peace:

Back
Top Bottom