Best grow kit

marilou

420 Member
Hello to everyone! I’m a beginner in growing generally plants and with No deep pockets , for that I decided after some web digging , to buy a grow tent kit. I read about the odours problem and it was the best solution. (The Odour problem is extremely important).
I end up with the following:

LED600W+48"X48"X80"+6"
s-l1600.jpg

LED 300W Grow Light Kit Panel Lamp Full-Spectrum+32"X32"X63"
71O+XmqDLQL._SL1245_.jpg

Grow Tent Kit With 1000w LED
Capture.JPG

600w LED - 80x80x180cm Grow Tent
51JnSHhHO2L.jpg

Which one do you believe is the best? Any advice? Any experience?
thank you very much

:welcome: to the forum!

The lights that come with the three kits are all something you'll want to replace as soon as possible. None of them will provide the light needed for the tents they are sold with. Only the middle kit has an in-line fan that may be fairly quiet. I think the other will be too noisy for you.

The place to start is with what you want to grow. How much cannabis do you want to grow in a year? Do you want to do this as one grow, or two grows per year?

Next we look at the tents available. The tent you need depends in part on you. Do you want to pull the plants from the tent for maintenance? Even five gallon pots can get quite heavy. I'm using 2' x 4' tents so that I can leave the plants in the tents, and still maintain them. You may also have issues placing the tent in your home. I strongly suggest tents that are at least 6' tall. You'll lose 1' to the pots, 1' to the filter, and 18" to the light and the space needed between it and the canopy. It will probably be more. I started with a 5' tent, and all my plants grew into and over the light.

Once we know this, we can look at lights and ventilation to fit your tent.

I'm not a fan of the lights in those packages, as for smell if you have a good exhaust fan and run it 24/7 smell shouldn't be an issue.
(You mean having also a grow tent) an good exhaust fan what requirements should have? I read that in order to choose the right filter system you must calculate the CFM and generally above 4” diameter is better. 6” for example.

6" will suit your needs, I have a 4" and wish I got the 6". If you looking to save money sometimes you can find used tents or if your handy you could build your own.
You are totally right but if I built by myself the whole system, it will cost me a lot! Instead with the already grow kits it comes cheaper and you could find with 6” filter kit !

They are good starter packages, but the light is were you want something really good. If I were in your shoes I'd save up and buy all the pieces seperate that way you get what you really want.
As I am interested to plant only one seed and I am not familiar with any gardening, I thought that something between 270-300$ Grow kit would be ok! The one I found with 300$ has 6” filtering system, 600W led lighting, and various soul nutrients!

Just be careful I went that route and ended up spending more money. You get what you pay for. I would look to buy a cheap used tent get a 6" exhaust carbon filter and a nice light. Really do your research on the light. The light in those kits are at least 5 years old . Led have came a long way since then so do some homework
Thank you for the information! Do you have any online shop to introduce me in which I could buy pieces one by one?

I think you's want to replace almost everything in those kits within a year.

Here's an example of how to get started:
Mars Hydro 2' x 4' Grow tent £102.95
Mars Hydro TSL-2000 £219.99
Misc (seed, pots, nutrients, substrate, pH pen, circulating fan, etc) £150
in 60 days get a good fan and filter, as there's little smell to start Budget about £150 for this.
This can grow up to about 1-1/2lb per year.

If that's more than you want to grow then you can go with a smaller tent, and light, which may save you £100. Perhaps start with one Mars Hydro TS-1000 for £114.39, and add another later on, and use 1/2 the 2' x 4' tent to start.

in 60 days get a good fan and filter, as there's little smell to start Budget about £150 for this.

If that's more than you want to grow then you can go with a smaller tent, and light, which may save you £100. Perhaps start with one Mars Hydro TS-1000 for £114.39, and add another later on, and use 1/2 the 2' x 4' tent to start.

You can order direct from Mars Hydro, as well as most of the quality light manufacturers.
I'd want to see someone from the EU comment on fans as I'm across the pond.
Many of the misc pieces can be sourced from the on-line malls.

Thank you so much!!! I searched but I found difficulty in finding a grow tent with opening for 6” filter kit!!! I want to install 6” fan and carbon filter to avoid leak of odours! It’s extremely important! But I read that no filter kit can eliminate all odours. Is it true?

(You mean having also a grow tent) an good exhaust fan what requirements should have? I read that in order to choose the right filter system you must calculate the CFM and generally above 4” diameter is better. 6” for example.
your exhaust fan should b bigger than the intake causing negative pressure and preventing smell as it will go straight through your carbon filter

Back
Top Bottom