Best LED's to cover 4x4x6 foot tent?

Herbshuttles

Hey guys

So I just harvested my purple Kush's and am curing them in jars. I'm a little disappointed in the leafy airy consistency and I'm blaming my LED's which supposedly have low red spectrum (for flowering).

Planning on getting a Mars II 1200 watt LED now to ensure I get bigger, denser nugs! Is that enough to cover the 4X4 foot area with 6 feet of height? Is there a better option? Whichever will give me the best quality bud is what I'm looking for!

Appreciate any help, thanks!

I just harvested my first grow and I'm in the same situation with the loose buds, I used 2 cheap Amazon "300watt" LEDs. But after this harvest I've decided to just go ahead and go the hps route now. Now I understand what everyone means when they say you can't get cheap LEDs and expect good results.

I just harvested my first grow and I'm in the same situation with the loose buds, I used 2 cheap Amazon "300watt" LEDs. But after this harvest I've decided to just go ahead and go the hps route now. Now I understand what everyone means when they say you can't get cheap LEDs and expect good results.

I had 2 300w viprspectra LED's from amazon. I was thinking HPS but I don't have experience with them and my tent was hot enough with the 2 300 watt LED's even with a good venthilation system. So I figure I'll just get a high quality led

Got to say they were great with vegging! Will give them that. But for flowering I need a much stronger wattage and red spectrum

My first grow I used 1x viparspectra 600 for the first month and a half or so and then added a 2nd one. Had decent results. It's in my sig.
My 2nd grow used the same lights but I had soil issues.

This new 3rd grow I'm using the Mars 2 1600 which is Perfect! For a 4x4 tent!
Even 2x viparspectra 600 weren't enough to fully cover a 4x4 but they still worked with decent results.

I'm loving the Mars 2 1600 so far! It's doing great!

My first grow I used 1x viparspectra 600 for the first month and a half or so and then added a 2nd one. Had decent results. It's in my sig.
My 2nd grow used the same lights but I had soil issues.

This new 3rd grow I'm using the Mars 2 1600 which is Perfect! For a 4x4 tent!
Even 2x viparspectra 600 weren't enough to fully cover a 4x4 but they still worked with decent results.

I'm loving the Mars 2 1600 so far! It's doing great!

So would you say just one mars 2 1600 is enough to cover the whole 4x4 area?

I definitely would, 4.5ft x 4.5ft.

I'm getting 1200 umols in the corners haha. Atleast that's what the chart says. I think that was at 18 or 24'

If I had a way to measure light output I would definitely read it for a guaranteed readimg

What I love most about this light is its high umols and beautiful spectrum. Plenty of blues and plenty of reds! Slightly higher red vs blue which is what you want. Blows my 2x vipars out of the water

Planning on getting a Mars II 1200 watt LED now to ensure I get bigger, denser nugs! Is that enough to cover the 4X4 foot area with 6 feet of height? Is there a better option? Whichever will give me the best quality bud is what I'm looking for!

That light will only cover 2x2 if you want proper light saturation for flowering cannabis.

Get something with Samsung LM561C (S06bin or better) or LM301B diodes, for 4x4 you want 1152 diodes or more :Namaste:

I'm getting 1200 umols in the corners haha. Atleast that's what the chart says. I think that was at 18 or 24'

You can be absolutely sure that you don't get that high PPFD, the Mars charts are a mess, the geometry doesn't even add up, 5x5 is not 4 times as big as 4x4, 5,5x5,5 is not 4 times as big as 4,5x4,5 and so forth...
The squares are obviously labelled with the wrong metrics :rolleyes:

That light will only cover 2x2 if you want proper light saturation for flowering cannabis.

Get something with Samsung LM561C (S06bin or better) or LM301B diodes, for 4x4 you want 1152 diodes or more :Namaste:

You can be absolutely sure that you don't get that high PPFD, the Mars charts are a mess, the geometry doesn't even add up, 5x5 is not 4 times as big as 4x4, 5,5x5,5 is not 4 times as big as 4,5x4,5 and so forth...
The squares are obviously labelled with the wrong metrics :rolleyes:
Say what you want, it does amazing so far :D

Any idea what the actual measurements are than?

Say what you want, it does amazing so far :D

Any idea what the actual measurements are than?

Just not nearly as amazing as some good tech could do it :)

I know the chart for the 1200 is supposed to be 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4(it once was, they changed it to be wrong...) and a former member here did some extensive measuring with an Apogee quantum sensor and it was about the same.
I remember the outermost square on the chart for the 1600 as 5x5 before they messed it all up, so the smallest is 2,5x2,5 and the middle one is somewhere in between, make sure you rotate your plants in flower ;)

Just not nearly as amazing as some good tech could do it :)

I know the chart for the 1200 is supposed to be 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4(it once was, they changed it to be wrong...) and a former member here did some extensive measuring with an Apogee quantum sensor and it was about the same.
I remember the outermost square on the chart for the 1600 as 5x5 before they messed it all up, so the smallest is 2,5x2,5 and the middle one is somewhere in between, make sure you rotate your plants in flower ;)

So would you suggest 2 1,200's , 2 1,600's, or a different light altogether ?

agree with the previous 2 posters
get something with the mighty Samsung diode, the V2 288 or 301 Quantum boards from HLG or others like the pucks from Chililed and others. More and more people are incorporating the Samsung diode into really great lights.
These lights do not disappoint!

Cob Led's or Quantum Board or even a mix of the two, for sure. imo they are the best I love them and what you can do with them and they ease of repair etc just awesome in my opinion. I'm running a HLG 550 personally in a 4x4 setup with RDWC I really like the quantum boards.

Back
Top Bottom