Best magnifier? Please help!

4Dutchess

I wonder what kind of magnifier is best and where to purchase?? Ive got a lighted one from the grow shop and a a magnifier glass but their both to damn small for this old man, too hard to hold steady. A big, non-electric, hand held magnifying glass I would like best but not sure which power is best, or best place to buy?? Maybe a hobby store?? A science supply?? I want it to find females and check for ripeness at harvest. Jesse

Re: Best magnifier???? please help!

There are a few different ones that I have seen people use. The cheapest is the 30x and 60x loupe you can get on eBay or Amazon. Then Carson makes a 60x and 120x unit that's also available lots of places. Lastly a lot of people use USB microscopes.

I have old eyes, too. I can't resolve the 40x loupe, so I picked up a cheap, handheld magnifier with an LED light. I think it is about 20X. Found it in the stationary dept of a grocery store. It's the best I can do sight-wise.

Im not sure what power my mag. glass is but i like it better than the electric one. Probably because theres no focus, easier. Except both eye pieces are the size of a nickel. I will look at the usual places, Target, Walmart. Maybe call around to some hobby stores too. Im just not sure which power is best. But thanks AK, I will look for 20x power. Jesse

Im not sure what power my mag. glass is but i like it better than the electric one. Probably because theres no focus, easier. Except both eye pieces are the size of a nickel. I will look at the usual places, Target, Walmart. Maybe call around to some hobby stores too. Im just not sure which power is best. But thanks AK, I will look for 20x power. Jesse

Mine has a rectangular lens that lights when you slide it out of its case and turns off when you close it back up. The lens is a nice size: 1-3/4" long x 1-1/2" wide. The whole unit closed measures 4-1/4" x 2" wide.

I went to Rite Aid and found a mag. glass for $7. Its a 2x power with a small 6x eye piece that will work for finding fem but not too good on checking trichomes. I saw a thread here that says get a jewelers glass on line and I think I will. Thanks to all!!

Back
Top Bottom