Best Portable Vape?

I owned Iolite before. It is a great unit but it starts leaking within the first year and I care about my vapes. I owned 2 Iolites and both of them started giving me ignition problems as well as leakage after a while. Last year, I bought DaVinci. It is also a good unit, little pricey but good unit. You need to watch out for the mouthpiece though. That gets torn in time, i believe they specifically designed it that way since they sell the replacement for over $19.00. Requires maintenance. I would not recommend Solo since it is bulky. I do not see it as a portable unit anymore (after all the new vapes that came to the market). Last month, I also bought Blaze Life and Blaze Twin vaporizers. I purchased Blaze Twin for my brother who is liquid vaper and got the Blaze Life for myself. Blaze Life is kind of all-in-one unit. You can use it for herbs, oils and wax (which i never tried wax before). Both of them are pen style vaporizers and they work like a charm. I cannot say much about Magic Flight since I never actually owned one but I tried few times with my buddy since he owns one. It works ok after you get used to it but when I first used it, each time I hit, it simply burned the whole thing before I can get any decent drags out of it. It takes a while to get used to it I guess. It also uses a lot of power. My buddy has 8 batteries for it which he keeps them on the wall at all times so he does not run out :) In summary, if you are a heavy user and like portability, I would recommend Blaze vaporizers (life or twins). If you are a light user and have money to spend, i would recommend DaVinci.

Thanks for that post. I heard about the Blaze Twin and Blaze Life before. One of my friends told me that he saw and tried one at one of the trade shows. He said they were amazing. I also heard it from the owner of one of our local stores here but he was out of stock at that time. Do you know if they are sold online? or did you buy yours online? Also, you mentioned that Blaze Life is All-in-one vaporizer which does wax as well as herb and oil. I always smoked herb and e-liquid. Where do you get wax or do people make their own wax? Sorry I am little illiterate to this wax concept. Thanks for the help. By the way, I owned Da Vinci before and like you said, it starts coming apart after 6 months. I bought one at the peak price (when it was sold over $240.00) and battery packed up in month 2. I got a replacement and now it is 6 months with the new unit and it does not even start any more. I got 4 mouth pieces already. I would not recommend it to anybody.

I never tried wax before but as far as i know, it is extremely concentrated so you use the fraction of the amount that you would normally use. I am not sure where you can find wax. Which State are you at? I got Blaze Twin at my local headshop and got blaze life online. You may find the manufacturer as well. The store owner where i bought mine said that the manufacturer is very strict with online sales so it may not be easy to find sellers online but you can surf around. I am not sure why you had those issues with Da Vinci but I only had problems with the flexi straw, not with the product itself. Good luck with your search. I am glad if I could help.

Thanks alot. Found it....I will get one and try it out. One last question, how often do you clean yours? Should i use one of those vape cleaners liquids?

Love my Solo but you have to make your own screens. The holes in the glass mouthpiece are too big and you get some ground herb each time you draw. The wood mouthpiece they sell extra is impossible to draw through-don't waste your money.

I purchased the Pinnacle and used it for about a month, liked it but vapor was wispy. I then purchased the Pinnacle Pro, love it!!!!

Magic Flight Launch Box :)

I will admit..... I have NEVER EVER USED one b4. its not easily accessible where I live. jus like bongs chalice etc. its hard to get those here.

but I sure would luv to smoke this way. I would like to try ever way or smoking herb

I own a volcano for around the house and have an Iolite for on the move, it really is perfect for when you're out and about.. Plus on no one knows what the frick it is!

I have been using an Iolite for a couple of years and find it very good when out `n about . They also have Great customer service from my experience with them.

It really depends on your overall vaping goals.

I have a vape pen for when I am just laying at home, and one for on the go. :high-five:

If a bigger cartridge is important I suggest the Omicron, I seriously smoke mine all day. And when I go out I always bring my silver surfer, not just because it is the most portable, but it also has a dry herb atomizer :thumb:, which is definitely the most convenient.

It really depends on your overall vaping goals.

^^ This^^

Which is most important Stealth? Portability? battery life? Vapor quality? I'd say force-rank these 4 items and that will narrow down your choices. I had a PAX...gave it away to a friend. It was extremely portable and kinda cool, but I'm hard on my shit and dropped the oven lid more than once. Without that one vital piece it's useless. I also had the Vapir NO2. It worked well, but was the least stealthy and although i could get medicated with it, the vapor quality was suspect for me. I got a Solo. There are a couple drawbacks to the Solo also, but they were outweighed by all the positives. Drawbacks: limited battery life, can't use it while it's charging (I have an older version). It's less of an herb hog (PAX was a weed hog...period), and the vapor qulaity is top. Aside from the glass stem, the thing is solid as a rock too.

sWeetP just got her Drs rec and upload to the state, so next week I'd like to buy her a nice vape. Made an offer to a seller on the huge auction site. Doubtful he'll take it but I might as well try
this is a pic of the "plenty Portable" by Storz & Bickel who also makes the volcano
12459.JPG

that and an ounce of my finest will be her gift

We'll make sure to upload a video of the unit and how it works and how much we like it once we get it, can't wait. they make super quality products IMHO.

I hope you get it man! Those things are S W E E T. I almost got one myself last fall after I tried one at a buddy's house. It's solid and very well-built and we were able to load individual hits or larger "party" quantities and the vapor hit like a bomb. I already have an Extreme Q and a Vapir air ONE (gave it to a friend) and since the Plenty has to have a plug, I couldn't justify it. Though I still secretly want one.

I hope you get it man! Those things are S W E E T. I almost got one myself last fall after I tried one at a buddy's house. It's solid and very well-built and we were able to load individual hits or larger "party" quantities and the vapor hit like a bomb. I already have an Extreme Q and a Vapir air ONE (gave it to a friend) and since the Plenty has to have a plug, I couldn't justify it. Though I still secretly want one.

High Cheese!
Yeah me too, I basically gave my volcano away last year to a member here ($200) and Im still glad I did but I need to replace it, shouldve charged him more so i could use the funds to replace it but no worries Im a man of my word and followed thru

I have used the firewood 2.0 with some success, then I purchased an no2 - used from ebay based on reviews here on 420 forum. I used the no2 one time and the battery died, which leads me to believe it was shot when I purchased it for 60$. The few hits I got from it seemed nice. After some research I found this product has a glitch requiring some messing with the unit to fix it...didn't work for me. I am awaiting a knock off pax from ebay because it was over half the price of the 225$ for a real pax BUT the seller promises the same quality of a pax original. Vaping gives me a very nice high - I've gotten where I prefer vaping to smoking due to the health issues with smoking. My recent purchase from ebay was a yocan advertised as a vaporizor but is really a kinda cool pipe. This holds a good amount and heats up quickly. From one load my wife and I got high twice with nice hits. If anyone wants to know I will post on the quality of the pax knockoff after I receive it.

I will throw my vote in for the Arizer Solo. It fits my needs really well. I have the newer M1A version with the stainless oven. With the right accessories it's hard to beat for a portable unless you require stealth.

Portability: 8/10
It's definitely portable. At home or on the go it gets the job done. Do be careful with the glass stems.

Stealth: 3/10
It's not very stealthy on its own. There are some things you can do to increase stealthiness while in use but it's not inherently stealthy.

Battery Life: 7/10

Acceptable but has room for improvement. I can get 5 full cycles on a charge. I always keep it charged up in case I need it on the go.

Temperature Control: 8/10
It's nice to be able to select variable temperatures. I think the max temperature and battery life strike a fair balance.

Vapor Production: 9/10

Typically 3 to 5 dense vapor draws with an additional 3 to 5 lighter draws (a couple before and after the dense draws hit). Strain dependent of course. 6 to 10 draws is pretty good for the little bowl.

Flavor: 10/10
If anything will turn you into a vape snob it's the Solo. The flavor you can dial in with this thing is simply amazing. From light and fresh to heavy and hashy. Just the taste of your herb will bring a smile to your face not to mention the effects.

Bowl Size: 7/10
As the name suggests, the Solo will typically satisfy a single user session nicely and probably not more than two simultaneous users unless you are using multiple stems. The bowl is on the small side but for me one bowl gets the job done perfectly. It makes it easy to ration or dose with a consistent amount.

Accessories: 8/10
There are some great OEM and aftermarket accessories for the Solo that can enhance the experience.
  • Power Unit - Saves battery life by powering the unit while in use. Does not charge though.
  • Car Charger - Charging on the go.
  • O-Ring Seal - Tighter stem fit.
  • Bong Attachments - Fer yer bong
  • Bowl Screens - Keeps the stem tidy longer and can also modify the bowl size (smaller still)
  • Travel Tubes - Protect your stems and pre-load for on the go.

If portability outweighs your stealth needs seriously consider the Arizer Solo. At a base price of $160 for the M1A models you can get up and vaping with impecable flavor at a pretty fair price. Mine has been in service for over a year and still works flawlessly.

Cheers!
Obi-Wan Cannabinoid
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom