Black Diamond Perfect Sun

First off, let me clear the air on something. Im impatient,

When you want something bad and fast enough it's hard not to get impatient. I'm sure we all have been that way at one time or another.
Glad it worked out alright for you. Nice flower you have there.

thanks dj, and yeap, right on man.

Was going to GML leaf strip, but decided not to. Dont want to stunt its growth at this rate. Im expecting her to grow out pretty quick with this light. Have them at 25,000 lux right now, 460 par about. Neils conversion for his lights via Lux meter is Lux divided by 54, just so you know incase you wanted to check lux to get a general idea of PAR value. I think Ill hit 65 grams dry with this run. My 2 FireOG seeds broke coco, so now I dont have another tent, so these might have to be 12/12 from seed. I just want to see how they grow, but then im going to get them to force seeds.

Ive went thru all his videos of measurement he took and found that conversion to be the most fitting to figure out PAR value base.

thanks dj, and yeap, right on man.

Was going to GML leaf strip, but decided not to. Dont want to stunt its growth at this rate. Im expecting her to grow out pretty quick with this light. Have them at 25,000 lux right now, 460 par about. Neils conversion for his lights via Lux meter is Lux divided by 54, just so you know incase you wanted to check lux to get a general idea of PAR value. I think Ill hit 65 grams dry with this run. My 2 FireOG seeds broke coco, so now I dont have another tent, so these might have to be 12/12 from seed. I just want to see how they grow, but then im going to get them to force seeds.

Ive went thru all his videos of measurement he took and found that conversion to be the most fitting to figure out PAR value base.

So when you take a reading w/ your light meter you divide the lux reading by 54 and that gives you your optimal PAR than you can adjust the lights height up or down depending the reading you get and are after that you want to be at?

So when you take a reading w/ your light meter you divide the lux reading by 54 and that gives you your optimal PAR than you can adjust the lights height up or down depending the reading you get and are after that you want to be at?

Hey Slimn2,

Yeah man, that seems to be the consensus with Neils spectrum and Lux meters. So, if your at 30,000 lux, your par will be around 550par.

With Perfect Sun, 200-400 veg, 600-1000 par flower is great and less stressful to the plant. Once you get into 1000PAR range, you can see a downturn of health and stress, dependent on the strain. so, 50,000 lux is the sweet spot thru what Ive gathered with Neils Spectrum. Maybe he has some insight on it all, but like I said, thats thru averaging ALL his readings on his Perfect Sun lights with lenses.

Hope that makes sense for ya.

Hey Slimn2,

Yeah man, that seems to be the consensus with Neils spectrum and Lux meters. So, if your at 30,000 lux, your par will be around 550par.

With Perfect Sun, 200-400 veg, 600-1000 par flower is great and less stressful to the plant. Once you get into 1000PAR range, you can see a downturn of health and stress, dependent on the strain. so, 50,000 lux is the sweet spot thru what Ive gathered with Neils Spectrum. Maybe he has some insight on it all, but like I said, thats thru averaging ALL his readings on his Perfect Sun lights with lenses.

Hope that makes sense for ya.

Yeah makes good sense to me. Thanks, cause I kinda wondered a bit on how to get your par reading...but I'll have to take a reading when I get home and then see what PAR I'm getting

Yeah makes good sense to me. Thanks, cause I kinda wondered a bit on how to get your par reading...but I’ll have to take a reading when I get home and then see what PAR I’m getting

No problem Slim, But keep in mind, these are from my own findings from what I could put together.

Not being able to afford the PAR meter, little people like us have to find at-least a base we can work with.

I have my mini 21 inches from the plant, getting 35,000 lux, = around 640par. ( 13 days flower (pistols showed ))
I started a journal, so you can check it out here, Mayne's Perfect Sun Mini Grow Adventures

I think my lights are 18" above canopy and I'm getting 57,000 lux I think I could be wrong and if I divide that by 54 I got 1055 PAR
420-magazine-mobile1001043325.jpg

Hey Slim, Yeap, and thats to close. I wouldnt put her that close till last 3 weeks of flower. Your still in veg I presume, so you want to be around 30,000 lux, or 500ish PAR. When You get into flower, you want the plant to get 2 times the amount of PAR at finish.

So, when flower hits, they usually stretch and will eventually get to the 50,000 lux range on its own. 800 PAR is the sweet spot, unless your running CO2 at 1000ppm or so. Then, you have to have your temps around 83F also for the CO2 to work thru the plant properly. so keep things like that in mind.

You have a journal? I have one now, so if you want to BS, head over there, and you can throw your pics in if you want, i dont mind bro.

I am running co2 and with lights on my temps get 80-83 ish and she's loving it so far for real no burn, bleaching, or light stress so far. Ok , sounds good I'll do that thanks

And I don't have a journal I shoulda started one when I started this grow but I just never got around to it..I had to cut off bout two handfuls of leaves last night
420-magazine-mobile1339187121.jpg
420-magazine-mobile398976465.jpg

Try not to cut to many leaves at once.. It can stress your plant out and make it hermie. I did that last year to one of my plants and interned it hermie. but dang she looking good... You deff freed up some nodes.. Good grow

I did the same damn thing my last grow with white widow....it got tall as shit and was a few inches away from touching the top of my tent and it had to be chopped down...and my chemdawg now I think she got nute burn over the weekend when I changed my water or needed calmag and flipped my lights to 12/12 Saturday

If you want to defoliate, wait 14 days AFTER FLIP, then take off every single sugar leaf. If it has a stem longer then 1 inch, chop it off. I PERSONALLY, like to just cut off the LEAF, and leave the entire stem. I think it leaves a tad bit of juice, and not cause instant shock. SO it can wheen off on the stem, then the stem just falls off. Plus, you dont have small stems stuck in your fruit.

I cut all the leafs off mine except 1 branch. But this strain takes pretty well to stripping.

but 14 days after flip is the magic time line to defoliate.. I also suggest, if there is a supppper tiny bud spots, dont take that sugar leaf off, or the bud site has a hard time growing and get going at the same rate of the other sightsl.

If you want to defoliate, wait 14 days AFTER FLIP, then take off every single sugar leaf. If it has a stem longer then 1 inch, chop it off. I PERSONALLY, like to just cut off the LEAF, and leave the entire stem. I think it leaves a tad bit of juice, and not cause instant shock. SO it can wheen off on the stem, then the stem just falls off. Plus, you dont have small stems stuck in your fruit.

I cut all the leafs off mine except 1 branch. But this strain takes pretty well to stripping.

but 14 days after flip is the magic time line to defoliate.. I also suggest, if there is a supppper tiny bud spots, dont take that sugar leaf off, or the bud site has a hard time growing and get going at the same rate of the other sightsl.

When I do defoliate I leave close to half inch of stem on plant...and usually I only do it when I can't tie or tuck anything from blocking light and I'll give the 14 day wait n strip a go and see how she likes it and if all is ok I might give a go on trying to back building down the road if all else goes well but it's just a thought

Back
Top Bottom