Anyone use a PS Dwarf Star?

PlastekShark

As title asks! Have you used, or are you currently using a Black Diamond Perfect Sun Dwarf Star? I just ordered one that will be here Friday! From the limited information I've gathered, they seem to be pretty good lights. I'll be using it in a 4x2 tent.

Orrrrr, if you have another Black Diamond PS product, is it everything it says?

Would love some feedback! Happy growing! :Namaste:

From the videos and reviews here and there that I could find, everyone seemed generally satisfied with the light. I eventually plan on moving the light to a smaller space for veg plants and use the tent with QBs to flower. Just getting started however. I have a future plan, just baby steps at the moment :laugh:

I like to make sure that any new people to growing has a healthy dose of my feelings on lighting
There are only 3 options based on price and heat issues
QB's as far as LED lighting are killing it, wherever you look
COB's are not far behind, or equal to
HPS/MH kills it.... I'v seen the results... but you have to manage the heat
Anything else is bullshit

Harsh I know, but at least with that explanation, I know that new growers won't be wasting their money
So yes, your fixture may have decent COB's incorporated into it
But, it fails in that those COB's could be much more easily done in a better design. No enclosure, no fans, ect
It's too expensive for what it promises.... and that promise isn't all that great

All you new growers out there
HPS/MH is your best bet for great bud at an affordable price
QB's are king in LED lighting
COB's by Cree, Vero, Citizen, Bridgelux are great with heatsinks
Ditch the fans, and the enclosures

i have a PS mini, decent light for a 2x2, i dont really use it now, i use Luminus cobs. paid $180 for it, wasnt disappointed, just not enough light for a 3x3, but good for 2x2 and seedlings. i was a big fan of Neils, early when he just started, and was cool just to have a piece of LED Blurple Pioneers History, lol.. His bigger lights seem to be kickin butt, just to dang expensive. His current grow of the Carnival is YUUUGGGEEEE..

well, hoped that helped, but probably not, lol.

Back
Top Bottom