Black Diamond Perfect Sun

I took the measurement in foot candles at 12" away from the lights I just dunno how much light output I'm getting or anything ...can someone or anyone dumb it down for your brother from another mother?

I took the measurement in foot candles at 12" away from the lights I just dunno how much light output I'm getting or anything ...can someone or anyone dumb it down for your brother from another mother?

Do I add like two zeros to the end of my reading or something like that?

Do I add like two zeros to the end of my reading or something like that?

Your meter says X 10 so you add one zero. So in your last photo your meter is saying 7,670 foot candles. Which is a lot. I have only 6500 foot candles at my tallest cola 9.5 inches away from my LEC. And my plants were wilting in veg at anything less than 28 inches. 6,500 foot candles is close to 65,000 LUX. I'm pushing my plants a little because the temperatures are low.

Some professional growers think that 800 ft candles is enough to grow good dope. Not the best but still enough. 1200 foot candles is enough.

And you should ask the manufacturer if you have to use a PAR meter instead. Because you are using LED'S. :goodjob:

420-magazine-mobile371266610.jpg

It seems to be a good distance from the led. I think you will be fine as far as the light source is concerned. Can't go wrong with a PS.

I think you should think of using light soil like Sunshine Mix found at Home Depot. Use a 3 to 5 gallon Hemp pot. It looks like your using hydro. Something is probably going wrong with the hydro. :cheer:

Your meter says X 10 so you add one zero. So in your last photo your meter is saying 7,670 foot candles. Which is a lot. I have only 6500 foot candles at my tallest cola 9.5 inches away from my LEC. And my plants were wilting in veg at anything less than 28 inches. 6,500 foot candles is close to 65,000 LUX. I'm pushing my plants a little because the temperatures are low.

Some professional growers think that 800 ft candles is enough to grow good dope. Not the best but still enough. 1200 foot candles is enough.

And you should ask the manufacturer if you have to use a PAR meter instead. Because you are using LED'S. :goodjob:

If you are measuring leds don't you set meter to foot candles

If you are measuring leds don't you set meter to foot candles

No. Foot Candles are similar to LUX readings. They measure a broad spectrum of (visible) lights. LEDS supposedly only have the light frequencies used by plants. They leave out green etc. Now their are LED's that put out a more broader spectrum like Perfect Sun, Spectrum King to name a few. Their lights are probably measurable with LUX and Foot Candle meters.

The PS mini has lenses, so the numbers are somewhat stretched out. You want to click your meter to LUX. Take the LUX reading, and divide that value by 54. So, for instance, 76,000 lux will give you a PAR ESTIMATE to around 1400, which will kill small plants.

76,000 divided by 54 = 1407 PAR est*

For seedlings, I would actually use a CFL combo ( 3500K & 6500K of 24w each) till they have 2nd node, THEN look for 12,000 LUX on the meter, till they get 4th node, then, 20,000 LUX, till 8th Node, then at this point, she should grow into the light and be ok.

54,000 LUX is the danger zone for the Mini. Once it gets past that value, your looking at detrimental PAR value of 1000 unless your using CO2

I do NOT have a PS, but Im a Mono Diode fan, and enjoy Neils videos, and cant afford his lights as of now. But I did mod a Mars300 to be kinda like a PS mini, and it works freakin great, till half went out. Now, Im building a 200 mono diode light, :) I understand PerfectSuns concept i guess you can say.

Hope that helped ya man,

I have another light going with the mini that I modified with an assortment of cobs. I am using co2 as well and and I think someone else said I should put the meter on fc I think but I'll take a reading again tonight with it on lux and see what it says and that reading was just with the meter 12"below the light. The lights are actually 24" above the plant or 28" I can't remember and my mini was only a buck 80, that's the only reason I got it but I was wanting to get the dwarf star or the optic 4 but usually $ comes and goes so fast that I don't get a chance to really do as I want with it for the most part but usually just depends

Yo, Is Neil pretty fast shipping these lights out? I ordered yesterday, and still havnt even gotten a shipping or even a order confirmation or anything.

Yo, Is Neil pretty fast shipping these lights out? I ordered yesterday, and still havnt even gotten a shipping or even a order confirmation or anything.

When I got mine about a year ago it was here from the west coast to the east coast in about 5 days.

dang man, still nothing. not even an acknowledgment on the order

I remember being anxious for mine to get here because I never used LED before and couldn't wait. Give him a few more days Mayne and maybe you'll here something by then. If not email him through his website.

I hear ya dj, lol,,, Iiiiiiii hear ya. Its just thru the 100 things ive ordered online, Ive always got confirmation at least within hours of ordering, and then 1 business day for a tracking number at the most. Plus, Ive always wanted a Black Diamond Perfect Sun ANYTHING,lol.

Then add, the, I WANT IT TODAY SYNDROME, and checking every 5 minutes for a tracking number, then leafing thru other lights and crunching numbers, second thoughts, blah blahb lahb, be right back, checking for tracking number,

BWHAHAHAHA,

Man, i have fire OG beans in water, and MegaCrop nutes coming tomorrow, timing is criticle. Figured ordered Monday, be here by Saturday, wishfull planning, not looking good.

:volcano-smiley:

Its just thru the 100 things ive ordered online, Ive always got confirmation at least within hours of ordering, and then 1 business day for a tracking number at the most.:volcano-smiley:

Yeah I've got spoiled getting a lot of stuff in 2 days from am*z*n but you have to remember that Black Diamond doesn't have the shipping resources like they do.
Even though I think Neil has a nice company.

Back
Top Bottom