Black Diamond Perfect Sun

My last grow I had ww, and it got up and was touching up against the light, it decided to go hermie, it kinda bad made me mad and was a waste, I was using a different light tho and I ended up cutting it down

Not enough light. They stretched too much. Plus you grew regular photo Cannabis which can get really tall if you don't flower it immediately. That's why I'm doing auto's. My tent isn't that tall so the dwarf auto's start flowering within a month. They get at most 3 feet tall when grown normally in a 3 gallon pot. And because I use an LEC 315 they are strong and squat and full of potent resin.

If you're going to grow plants like that you need to learn how to top them and spread them out until you feel the space up with a canopy. Then flip it to 12/12 to flower.

I was reading and chemdog does better without topping I think I read somewhere but idk how true that is tho....and I've thought about a LEC and almost got one instead of led but idk much about them or if the put off a ton of heat. Are LEC better than led or is that just depend on a persons skill and all that

And my ceiling is only 84" so should I get one at 84" or say like 78" so I'm not crammed right up against the ceiling or idk if that would make a difference or not

I was reading and chemdog does better without topping I think I read somewhere but idk how true that is tho....and I've thought about a LEC and almost got one instead of led but idk much about them or if the put off a ton of heat. Are LEC better than led or is that just depend on a persons skill and all that

Keep in mind that I'm on only my second grow of auto flower Cannabis. I haven't tried topping or growing regular photo Cannabis. You can do more damage by topping if you do it at the wrong time. when you top the plant its tap root stops growing. So you have to wait until the plants are close to 20 inches tall. See the video below.

[video=youtube;21juexeDyBc]
[/video]

LEC's don't put out a ton of heat. They are only 315 watts. But they do give off infared heat to the plant. This is beneficial when it's cold but in the summer this is a disadvantage. In the summer I will use my 140 watt closet case (for example) if the plants are becoming heat stressed. But as soon as I can I will switch back to the LEC for more potent plants. It just doesn't have enough power and a big enough foot print. The next one up is 400 watts so no improvement in power cunsumption over the LEC.

The Mars LED's are super cheap and a lot of growers love them. Some prefer LED's but so far I prefer LEC's . I have a problem with their PAR drop off. LED's tend to be super strong directly under them but drop off quickly especially in the corners. Right now with my LEC I measure 29,700 Lux in the center of my canopy and 23,900 in the corners!

Right on I appreciate it, I'm on my 5th grow but all the rest of them I had cheap China made leds...they were ok but nothing special and no quality really at all they lit up and that's bout it....I kinda build/assemble led light every single day at work...I build all the led lights that go in Toyota dealer ships nation wide they light up the portals at night that say Toyota in big red letters...but they are nothing like the led grow lights. And I just bought a light meter but I forget what setting I want it on, it's just a basic meter nothing special just a cheapie
420-magazine-mobile1454361579.jpg

Yeah I'm familiar with topping, lst, lollipoping, etc and I've been curious about autos never tried to grow one and I got my last beans from nuke heads and idk if they have autos but I'd like to try one sometime. I've read you don't really want to top them mostly just lst and all that cause they don't get real big to begin with I think

And how high do you have to have the LEC above canopy's so no burning or light stress or bleaching

I just keep mine 28" above the canopy. which is about 30,000 Lux. Then I raise the cables as they grow until I run out of tent room. Then I tie directly with zip ties. Some don't bother and just leave them at the top of the tent.

When the plants are flowering they can take much more light and can get much closer. You have to keep the temperature below 85 degrees at the top of the canopy.

Yeah I was told by the guy who owns ps that I should have my mini 4' above the plant until it breaks the surface and then for ten more days and after that I can begin to lower it but I don't have 4' with this tent and using a 5 gal bucket

And my ceiling is only 84” so should I get one at 84” or say like 78” so I’m not crammed right up against the ceiling or idk if that would make a difference or not

The higher the tent the less chance you have of running out of space. If you have an industrial area with a cement floor you might be better off without a tent. Tens are good for limiting the smell with carbon filters, reflecting light back to the plants, Protecting the house. I'm thinking of getting the tent in the link below eventually.

Spectrum King LED Hydro Grow Tent - Spectrum King LED

I noticed you said you have a closet case... they like pretty awesome from what I've read. Does it do pretty well? Isn't it like a 140 Watts or something like that? And if I wouldn't ha ave come across the ps mini I woulda ordered mother's helper I thinks what it's called or the closet case. Is there a difference between the two of them?

Hows every1 il sub in ive recently got a ps 500 and have it 2 foot away from my ladys and there doesnt seem to be any problems if anythin it turned most of 1 of my ladys purple or helped it anyways great light cant wait to see wat a full grow under it will do happy growin

420-magazine-mobile1038835215.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1224440349.jpg

Hows every1 il sub in ive recently got a ps 500 and have it 2 foot away from my ladys and there doesnt seem to be any problems if anythin it turned most of 1 of my ladys purple or helped it anyways great light cant wait to see wat a full grow under it will do happy growin

420-magazine-mobile1038835215.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1224440349.jpg

I'll have the PS GOLIATH HERE in a couple days I am super excited only worry is ITS 60lbs that's hard to hang in any tent

Nothin better than the feelin of waitin fpr sumthin u want they r a great light to uses thats for sure ye shes nearly there for me 7 more days and she ready to take dwn happy growin

I noticed you said you have a closet case... they like pretty awesome from what I've read. Does it do pretty well? Isn't it like a 140 Watts or something like that? And if I wouldn't ha ave come across the ps mini I woulda ordered mother's helper I thinks what it's called or the closet case. Is there a difference between the two of them?

I upgraded my Closet case to a 140 watt model. I live close to them so I got a quote and just waited for 30 minutes while they upgraded it. It's a great high quality light that is built like a tank. I use it when the temperatures get in the 100 + area outside. It still doesn't have enough power for my 3' by 3' in my opinion. But it's fine to use during a heat wave until the temperatures come down. It babies the plants and they look great but they are leaning towards the light. If you put it closer the foot print shrinks. Spectrum King tends to exaggerate. They say your get 29,000 Lux at 18" but I measure 29,000 Lux at more like 15 or 16 inches. To get good coverage in a 3' by 3' you have to have them at 20 inches or so. Then your down to less than 20,000 Lux.

The closet case will grow from seed to harvest. The Mothers little helper is meant for just vegging.

Sounds great. Just keep it the recommended distance from the plant. Some of those lights he makes are very strong. If you don't keep them far enough away they will burn your plants. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom