Blegits OG Kush Grow - Clone

blegit

hey.. much love and respect to the veteran growers providn d knowledge. This is only my second grow ever.. 1st one was a hindu kush which was just o.k... i admt im gnna need a lil guidance.. rte now jus got the one plant but will grab some more. I am usin a 1000 watt hps.. i will provde the pics real soon;)

Aloha!
I'll follow along and happily give any knowledge that may hlep, or maybe be able to point you to the person or thread to find the info. I am a bit new to the indoor, got one going now with 2 600w hps. Have tons of outdoor exp and have about a year + or reading on here getting ready for my indoor attempt.

One plant under a 1000w, that girl must think shes in heaven....lmao!

hey aloha.. thanks man here are some pics.. i will try and post at least new picsonce a week to get feedback.. ok actually need help gettin my pics on here.. any help?

thanks bud.:bongrip:
IMG_20402.jpg

Maybe when you get a chance put up some more info, like is it a clone or from seed? did you/are you vegging at all or just straight to the 1000w hps? light cycle, etc. Here is the link to suggestions on the info to include when starting a journal

How to Make a Grow Journal

Yeah, pretty much giving us as much info as possible is the best way to gain interest and get valuable input from the community.
:peace:
HD

thanks. as a quik reply... she is a clone of original og kush. i went straight to hps as soon as i got her.. what is vegging? is it more beneficial to go one way or the other... i see growth everyday under the hps.. ive been going 12/12 with tha lites..:yummy:

vegging as in vegitative growth cycle. (MJ) Plants have two distinct growth cycles, vegitative and flowering (budding). Vegatative is its early cycle where the plant(s) grow vertically, both in its main stem and branches develope and grow in this cycle. This is very important because this is when all the potential "bud" sites are produced. During this cycle plants use more of the blue spectrum of light from natural sun, or there are lights that are designed specificly to emit more of the needed blue light for vegatative growth (Mercury Halide, or MH, or flourencent light rated at 6400k) . Flowering cycle follows veg cycle and that is where most of the plants energy goes to bud formation. The plant will still grow vertically during the first couple weeks of flower cycle, but then mostly stops and fills out what flowering sites it has. This is where the red spectrum of light is more utilized by the plant, and when the HPS light is usually used (some ppl use flourecents at 3000k instead).
When growing indoors with lights, you can use the veg lights for a full 24 hrs a day (some ppl go 18 on and 6 off, but thats mostly to save a little on elec. costs or other variables). When you (and/or the plant) are readyfor flower cycle, the lights are switched to 12/12. This tells the plant it is time to start flowering.
So by going straight to a flowering cycle and skipping the veg cycle, you are going to end up with a MUCH smaller plant than its potential, and with very few bud sites so you won't get much smoke. Generally plants will roughly tripple in size during the flower cycle. So if you put your clone under 12/12 HPS when it was just 5", you probably wont get anything taller than 15". This would be a HUGE under-utilization of that 1000w light you have running. 1000w HPS is meant for more like 5'x5' floor space and 4'-5' tall plants (like I would probably be looking at around 12-16 4' tall plants to really utilize that light fully).
If you dont have any lights for vegging and dont want to purchase right away, you may want to try going 18on/6off (or even 16/8) for your light cycles to try and keep it (or revert it back to) vegging. Then you could still get some more vert growth and bud sites before switching back to the 12/12.
I highly suggest you do as much reading on this site as possible as soon as possible, rreading the journals of others is a huge help (try to find ones as similar to yours as possible), but also spend some time (maybe a lot) looking thru the "how to grow marijuana" and "frequently asked questions" sections of this site. All the info is in there.

Best of luck to ya dude! I'll help as much as possible. And keep posting updates and pics and questions and hopefully you will get a few more ppl following and helping out.

-HD

thanks.. im switchng to 18 : 6. so its not good to use hps during vegging even if usng correct lightn times?

thanks.. im switchng to 18 : 6. so its not good to use hps during vegging even if usng correct lightn times?

Theres two big reasons why it would be better to be running something besides that 1000w. First is they really do thrive on the blue light for veg growth. 2nd is that light is about 10x overkill for growing a single plant thru veg. You could be using a couple good cfls in a really simple socket set-up for that one, might cost $15-$20 bucks or so, and you would probably save that much in electricity in the first month of veg. Or you could get a 2' 2 bulb T-5 fixture with 6400k bulbs for maybe around $100, and it would be more than enough light and still much less power draw.

Cant stess this enough, READ the info they have on the two links I posted earlier, at least the stuff on lighting for now. Its not only good stuff, its kinda essential.

HD

Waddup Blegit :welcome:

Glad yo see your taking a crack at cultivating cannabis again. Not looking so bad for your second go. I would have to agree with the comments about 1000w watt being too much. I think its the first time i've actually agreed that you can have too much light. Don't get me wrong it will grow your plant, but you only have one plant. I wouldnt even suggest a 400w for one plant. If you pick up 4-10 cfls as mentioned you will have a blockbuster grow for that one plant.

idk if you've seen this thread, but it has a lot of great articles on lighting, soil, and etc etc.. don't try and read it in one night tho, but lotsa great stuff here:
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

take it easy blegit ;)

thanks Duck and Drojo. Duck i looked at that link u provided to ur grow.. and man awesome.. ive got more ambition.. so as to not f up my plant i will get sum other cheap lites for this stage.. i dont know what cfl means.. sumthn fluorescent.. when i grew my hindu kush at ths stage i had two "blue plant" lites low watts.. and a basic fluorescent lite.. then i switched to the hps as soon as i had the money to buy.. could i keep the hps goin at this stage if i had more girls in there with her?

thanks Duck and Drojo. Duck i looked at that link u provided to ur grow.. and man awesome.. ive got more ambition.. so as to not f up my plant i will get sum other cheap lites for this stage.. i dont know what cfl means.. sumthn fluorescent.. when i grew my hindu kush at ths stage i had two "blue plant" lites low watts.. and a basic fluorescent lite.. then i switched to the hps as soon as i had the money to buy.. could i keep the hps goin at this stage if i had more girls in there with her?

Thanks for the probs on my grow!
In case you didn't find out yet, CFL is compact flourescent light, they are those spiral style bulbs that fit in regular fixture. Here is a link to a grow journal that not only shows what they are but has some really good info on what kinds, how many, how close, etc.
CFL White Rhino + Northern Light Grow
at least check out the first couple pages for some good info.

You can keep the 1000w HPS going as much as you want, its your electric bill, but that light alone could run you 40-80 bucks a month (depending on your $/kwh cost is, mine is about $.20/kwh so Id be paying $80 a month to run that light). Like I said before, buy some cfl's for this first month of veg and you will save money right away, and in the long run.
HD

i figured id go bak a lil and provide more info.. and new pic

i purchased my clone from Blue sky cafe.. in oaksterdam mean oakland, ca. She already had a couple leaves and was a couple inches tall. After i got her immediately put her n a several gallon pot.. i used some "premium" dirt.. it advertsed 4 - 6 months i thnk of nutrients provided in the dirt. I instantly went to 12 -12 with my hps 1000 watt in my closet with a wndow for ventilation. I will be purchasng more plants on thurs and fri this week, along wth several cfls. Ive been waterng once a day. untl thurs i will keep underr tha 1000 hps... am i damagng my girl? here is new pic.. thanks to all hope yall are enjoying ur weekends...peace:reading420magazine:
IMG_20432.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom