Blue Dream Auto Flowering Issues

Jonobo

Hi Guys,

I came across 2 concerns since flowering over the past couple of weeks. ( one for each plant ).

- x2 Feminized blue Dream Auto ( 10% - 14% )
- medium coco / perlite 70% - 30%
- 3 gallon pots
- average temp : 21C since flower
- average humidity : 45 - 50% since flower
- light : MarsHydro 300 + x3 - 24W / 1550lu.
- water ever 3 / 4days
- PH 6 - 6.4
- nut : canna A & B at half strenght ( 2ml / L ) + molasse every other week
- solution temp : 20C
- growing space : cupboard 110cm / 60cm
- ventilation : oscillating fan
- Pets : non known

Both plants are in week 8 since seedling.

Alice : has been flowering for the past 3weeks
Noticing some leaves ( Only 3 are getting extremely purple and somewhat white on the "veins" but it is spreading all over the plant ). Also a few tips are starting to slowly crack as well but I doubt it is a nut burn as i feed only half strength )

Discolouration on the left and middle / cracked tips ( Not obvious on the very right )

19022198_10154575340456016_869498919_n.jpg

Dasy: she seemed to have had a lot of struggle since birth with mutant looking conditions and struggling to flower ( pistils are just starting to pop )
After a few researches it seems like a phosphorus deficiency ???

19073996_10154575340121016_1876420615_n.jpg

- I was considering upping the feed to 3ml/L to maybe fix the problem of phosphorus what do you think ?
- lowering the PH to 6 as it seems like phosphorus absorption is better at this level.
- I have started to use molasse only a a couple of weeks ago could that make a difference ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Jonobo.

The potential phosphorus problem has been progressing exponentially fast over the past 2 days and is now almost covering at least 50% of the leaves. The plant doesn't seem to be absorbing much water as the soil is still pretty damp after 4days compared to her sibling who
s ready for an other feed.

a little help would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you :)

Heyy Jonobo. .Welcome to 420 ..As from what I can see by the pictures looks like more of a cal/mag deficiency and possibly a little over watering ..what is ur ph in the water ur giving it ..have you checked the pH of the run off water? How often do you feed them?

Hi HerbChild,

Thank you for your reply.

My Ph is between 6 and 6.4 and I have never tester the run out water pH. What does it indicate ?

I haven't considered cal/mag as it has never seemed to be an issue so far.

The feeds are every 4 / 5 days ( when the first 3 / 4 cm of soil is dry and when pot feels pretty light compared to right after watering )

Okay ..ur definitely feeding too often for an auto ..your most liking getting nute burn ..I feed every week and a half to two weeks even if your only feeding half strength. .I suggest you do a good flush with lots of water to flush the build up nutrients out and then use only water for the next week or soo ..auto strains can be sensitive to feeding especially some "blue" strains I find need minimal nutrients during there cycle ur ph is good ..your run off water will give you a better idea where your soil ph will be..and if you can try and add some cal/mag to ur feeding schedule half strength

Wonderfull thank you for this really helpful answer. I have been going of the rule of the 1 / 2 inch of dry soil on the surface as a feeding indicator.

I actually juste gave them a feed ( after 5 days ) and the run off was 7 for the PH. so way too high I presume :/

Yess way too high for ph run off my friend ..ull want to be around 6.5 at the high end should be ideal for ph run off

Simple regimen for feeding that I follow and works great ..feed every other week and RO water in between and always ph before you feed ..RO water is (Reverse Osmosis ) for best results ..or a good filtered water will do ..hope all this helps and happy growing

Check out my grow journal if you want to see how I do things ..lots of nice stuff going on in there lots of helpful info aswell ..i am not doing autos at the moment tho ..

Herbchild's perpetual grow journal #1 1200w led soil grown.. in journals in progress

Thx a lot for your help HerbChild.

I have been keeping a ph of 6 - 6.2 to increase phosphorus absorption and will be feeding cal-mag to the next feed.

The more I browse the more It seems like I have been overwatering, it hasn't been an issue so far but flowering seems to have trigger something new.

I will update you on the evolution over the next few weeks :)

Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom