Blue Dream Coco SCROG

wiley420

Ok been away a while, some will remember my sour diesel grow which turned out amazingly.
I've done 2 runs on the flood tables an both yielded much lower then my coco scrog so Iam back to growing 1 big plant at a time.
Set up will be the same though Iam Gona try different nutes
Grow space : 4x4x7.6 tent
Lights : 1000 watt narva bulb
Medium : coco coir
Temps/humidity : grow 82-88/50-60% bloom 70-75/30-40%
Nutes : general hydroponics cocotek grow, bloom will be cocotek bloom an koolbloom liquid.
I'll be using tap water

This strain will be BLUE DREAM, from humbolt seeds.
420-magazine-mobile671796694.jpg
420-magazine-mobile397396923.jpg

Reason I switched from hortilux super hps to the narva is I've been told from several growers I know that they r seeing much bigger/tighter nugs. This is from side by side comparisons so I opted to give it a try.

Ok slight change of plans. My hydro guy convinced me (sold it to me his cost to try) to give cyco platinum nutrients kit a shot. So at his cost I couldn't say no. Never tried this brand before but he showed me some side by side comparisons so eh! What the hell here we go.
420-magazine-mobile1759115147.jpg

I mixed up a 4gal batch this afternoon an it's a lil darker then I like
420-magazine-mobile1740959061.jpg

But that's not a real issue just personal preference. The rest of the grow will be the same as stated above .I think this will be a grow journal/nute review

Ok slight change of plans. My hydro guy convinced me (sold it to me his cost to try) to give cyco platinum nutrients kit a shot. So at his cost I couldn't say no. Never tried this brand before but he showed me some side by side comparisons so eh! What the hell here we go.
420-magazine-mobile1759115147.jpg

I mixed up a 4gal batch this afternoon an it's a lil darker then I like
420-magazine-mobile1740959061.jpg

But that's not a real issue just personal preference. The rest of the grow will be the same as stated above .I think this will be a grow journal/nute review

That's a big ol box of nutes! I'm very interested to see how they do!

So am I, my hydro guy owns his shop an has tried every nute on his shelves. This is the one he sticks with an swears by. He's a good friend an never steered me wrong yet lol but at retail of 300ish $ it's gotta produce atleast that much extra bud for me to warrant buying it again but we will see

So am I, my hydro guy owns his shop an has tried every nute on his shelves. This is the one he sticks with an swears by. He's a good friend an never steered me wrong yet lol but at retail of 300ish $ it's gotta produce atleast that much extra bud for me to warrant buying it again but we will see

It's great to have a good relationship with your hydro guy. I have an awesome one 5 min from my house and gives me some awesome unbiased info. I honestly wish I could be there a lot more haha.

Ok guys, Iam Gona try my first attempt at making shatter today, worst case sceniro I'll have an awsome batch of honey oil. Which I've made before.
First I use only bud an close trim! I let it dry completely. Now usually I just quick wash my trim an boil down in a double boiler but after much research I found if I freeze both the trim an ISO I can produce shatter so here goes.
I put everything in the deep freeze for 2hr then did my quick wash (1-2 mins max)
Then strained it into my mixing bowl. This is what it looks like now
420-magazine-mobile2011114971.jpg

I will slowly add this to my double boiler I have set up as it cooks down
420-magazine-mobile1577399852.jpg

Now this can be dangerous so if u don't know what ur doing pls don't try. I make sure any spillage is cleaned up an all ISO is away from stove before I turn it on. I have kitchen windows open with a fan directed towards them as well as the patio door open. This shit reaks while cooking. I'll post more as it moves along as the cooking part is time consuming .

420-magazine-mobile700831255.jpg

Iam about 1/2 through my ISO an so far looking good. Starting to darken a lil but staying a nice golden colour an good an clear. Got a lil bit of crud at the bottom but I'll fix that when I strain it one last time before final cook

Well unfortunately my attempt at shatter failed . but I have a great run of honey oil . imo the best I've made yet an that's saying something. I did notice a few water droplets when I put a lil on parchment paper so I did something wrong but I'll try again next go.
Gona make a few nugs of cannabis moon rocks with some gsc buds this gsc oil an some northern lights keif . should be good.

No on to my blue dream an the cyco nutes.
Lil girl is doing great almost ready to top, the nutes seem to be speeding up growth a bit more then the gh products I've used before.
Checked my nute solution an next day ph raised .3, not bad as I expected this due to using tap water. Readjusted to 5.8 an is now stable so Iam happy to see that. Here's a few pics
420-magazine-mobile83648979.jpg

The oil as it was finishing up it cook, looks an smells great. Did a bong hit last night an yeah Iam super happy with it. I have sensitive lungs an hardly a cough from it an a soaring high
420-magazine-mobile134071635.jpg

This is my blue dream (aka star) yes I name my big plants. Temps 85 an holding humidity 35 need to bump that up a bit. But growing well despite this.

Sorry guys been busy an sick but here's an update :)
1 - star is doing really well I gotta say. 3 weeks an she's lookin good
420-magazine-mobile304183942.jpg

I topped her a week an a half ago an already started her hair cuts. Growing faster then I anticipated so hoping to fill the screen faster then I did with baby girl. She gets fed daily for 1 min no run off.
Now onto the cyco nutes: ph is a lil bit of a Pain but not to bad. I gotta check it daily for first 2-3 days an adjust then it holds steady. Star seems to love it how ever. One thing I can't figure out is my ec . should only be 1.8 but after mixing twice now it's come in at 2.5 not happy about that but again she's not complaining. An Iam Gona borrow my buddies to make sure it's not my pen.
420-magazine-mobile393289462.jpg

I have the air stone in the res running 24/7 water temp is 52, canopy temp is 80ish. An humidity is around 30. Can't get it higher I need a humidifier.
All in all Iam happy with the cyco nutes so far but only time will tell.
On a side note I made a batch of cookies with my honey oil an they turned out amazingly, not super potent but still good no weed butter flavour which i don't like an the reason I don't do edibles but with the oil they don't have that taste. Haven't even had a toke since making them I just eat the cookies instead. My lungs r thanking me for that lol.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom