Blue Dream

Hi Redian,

No problem agreeing with you on this. Blue Dream is my fav also. Super easy to grow, excellent yield, fantastic aroma,superb taste and smooth a silk on the throat when cured properly. Few strains have it all in my opinion and Blue Dream is one of them. It also makes some of the best concentrated oil also. I agree with the 70/30 blend. A friend recently told me he tried 'Beyond Blue Dream' and said it was excellent (more potent).

BLue dream is my all time favorite strain, major head buzz, when you get the best of the best stuff it smells like straight fruit loops and skittles. no joke. its amazing. the Clarity that the high provides as well as the energetic boost makes it my all time favorite..... WOO blue dream!

The original Blue Dream, is one of my favorites of all time as well. I'm in good company it seems.
I recall it was clone-only, so you cannot get the original genetic, in seed form. The nugs were always hard gray/green/blue crystal covered buds, that will smell like sugary candy, and taste like fruit and earth. Super nice blend of head and body, an almost perfect hybrid imo. I'm currently growing a version in seed form, by HSO. I'll come back and compare it to the several iterations of the 'real deal' that I've encountered living in my city.

Hi CareStaker, interesting timing on your post. A source called me yesterday and informed me he had some of the best Blue Dream he ever has seen (he keeps an eye out for certain strains for me when they are private reserve). Same cut I grew almost 2 years ago. Your description of the colors are spot on. The nugs look like frosted flakes and someone forgot to turn the crystals off. Exceptional. Vaped some to check out the taste and it matched (not quite as smooth as mine but I cured it for 6 months; for vape stash. I'm ready to call Blue Dream a perfect strain. Not only for medical vaping but makes some of the best concentrated oil for medicinal aliments. Many strains come and go but still a favorite in So. Cal. Your correct about 'clone' only at least back when I grew it. Nice post!

The original Blue Dream, is one of my favorites of all time as well. I'm in good company it seems.
I recall it was clone-only, so you cannot get the original genetic, in seed form. The nugs were always hard gray/green/blue crystal covered buds, that will smell like sugary candy, and taste like fruit and earth. Super nice blend of head and body, an almost perfect hybrid imo. I'm currently growing a version in seed form, by HSO. I'll come back and compare it to the several iterations of the 'real deal' that I've encountered living in my city.

Thanks Motoco! You must be sooo stoked. :volcano-smiley: I haven't had the real deal for at least 2-3 years, and I'm very jealous. It's some subline gear, when it's done right. Thanks for your notes about ripeness -- I'm going to guess it would be applicable to my current grow of the HSO version, which is my first run of any version of BD. I do hear there are some original cuts kicking around, even though it's a very Cali strain, and I'm east coast. Maybe someday, when I have more room. :hookah:

Enjoy your BD buds! :peace:

Hi CareStaker, interesting timing on your post. A source called me yesterday and informed me he had some of the best Blue Dream he ever has seen (he keeps an eye out for certain strains for me when they are private reserve). Same cut I grew almost 2 years ago. Your description of the colors are spot on. The nugs look like frosted flakes and someone forgot to turn the crystals off. Exceptional. Vaped some to check out the taste and it matched (not quite as smooth as mine but I cured it for 6 months; for vape stash. I'm ready to call Blue Dream a perfect strain. Not only for medical vaping but makes some of the best concentrated oil for medicinal aliments. Many strains come and go but still a favorite in So. Cal. Your correct about 'clone' only at least back when I grew it. Nice post!

Here is a picture of Blue Dream at 42 days or so.

IMG_25549.JPG
IMG_255114.JPG

The rest are in my grow, at the link below.

NerdRage,

I purchased it as a clone from the local dispensary (chain of them). I have referred to it as "allegedly" a Blue Dream. Its had CO2 boost and has overgrown its space. The nugs are extremely dense. I put that down to giving the plant lots of raw sugarcane foiliar feedings in the veg state during fall heat cycle trying to cool down the plant.

Did it have a peppery nasal sensation?.... That's what I love about a good sativa.

I see what you mean; lanky. My grow of Blue Dream was done via scrog, fimmed and supper cropped due to height requirements so my node spacing looked much tighter and the flowers looked bigger (see if I can find a pic when I got a new phone they jacked up transferring them). Out of 12 plants I got a decent yield averaging 2.5 ounces per plant not to shabby considering I wasn't using CO2.

I see what you mean; lanky. My grow of Blue Dream was done via scrog, fimmed and supper cropped due to height requirements so my node spacing looked much tighter and the flowers looked bigger (see if I can find a pic when I got a new phone they jacked up transferring them). Out of 12 plants I got a decent yield averaging 2.5 ounces per plant not to shabby considering I wasn't using CO2.

That is awesome Brother. If you get the pics please share:)
I have 6 plants total flowering atm ; however , I only topped one plant & stretched them out. Other than that I'm just letting em grow. My next grow I plan on trimming the bottoms , lolloping , etc ..
4 Blue Dream: 6 ft tall including the buckets
Sour D: Mini Plant
Humboldt Black Gold: Mini Plant

I too am not using a co2. Do you have any idea how much I'm going to yield this round ?
TY: I'm a rookie

That is awesome Brother. If you get the pics please share:)
I have 6 plants total flowering atm ; however , I only topped one plant & stretched them out. Other than that I'm just letting em grow. My next grow I plan on trimming the bottoms , lolloping , etc ..
4 Blue Dream: 6 ft tall including the buckets
Sour D: Mini Plant
Humboldt Black Gold: Mini Plant

I too am not using a co2. Do you have any idea how much I'm going to yield this round ?
TY: I'm a rookie

How long has your BD been flowering? I have some NY Sour Diesel that are 6.5 weeks into flowering, I'll post some pics in a couple of weeks right before I start flushing, short but packing a lot of flowers. BTW have you added anything like 'Kool Bloom" (last 3 weeks of flowering-discontinue 3-5 days before flushing)?

How long has your BD been flowering? I have some NY Sour Diesel that are 6.5 weeks into flowering, I'll post some pics in a couple of weeks right before I start flushing, short but packing a lot of flowers. BTW have you added anything like 'Kool Bloom" (last 3 weeks of flowering-discontinue 3-5 days before flushing)?

Flower: I hit the switch (12/12) on 11/21/14
I was using some Jungle Juice Bloom early on ; moreover , My plants had a slight negative reaction. ( I may use it again idk ). ATM: I've been using Age Old Growth Fish Fertilizer 5-10-10

Back
Top Bottom