Blue Plant Nutrients - Nirvana's Snow White - 1000w 5x5

IMG_153612.JPG

Pretty sure all my issues have been over watering. I lowered the light a couple days ago with no issues and I've also been giving them a spray before lights out with no issue. (after 1 day of 24 I went back to 18/6. 24 hours a day is just too much with that big light in my little tent. In the future I won't screw with the light schedule like this)

My claw came back and I'm fairly certain I have not over watered in a while. I went looking for answers and I think I may have found it here:
Nitrogen Toxicity

I gave them a big drink of just Ph tap water and saw some good over night growth. I also noticed my AC has been running in dehumidifier mode for I'm not sure how long now. I'll post pictures when it's looking better.

Problem: Dark green leaves, weak stems, and overall slow growth. Marijuana leaves that are nitrogen toxic often get "The Claw" or talon-like leaves that are bent at the ends. The also do a weird curving / cupping that is often mistaken for overwatering, but is unique to nitrogen toxicity. You can see a picture of this leaf "clawing" below.

Leaves that turn into claws often start turning yellow and dying if the nitogen toxicity is not treated, much like a nitrogen deficiency, only the leaves will continue to get more and more clawed. Leaves eventually turn yellow or brown and fall off. You can tell if yellowing is caused by too much nitrogen because the rest of the plant will be dark green, and the yellowing leaves will turn into claws first.

Different strains react differently to nitrogen toxicity. Some plants get dark green leaves with no clawing. Some strains will get leaves that do the weird 90 degree bend at the tips, while other strains or individual plants start curling like claws and then turn yellow / brown and fall off like a deficiency. Yet these are all signs of too much nitrogen.

Signs of Nitrogen Toxicity

Dark green leaves and foliage
Leaf tips may turn down, without signs of overwatering.
You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses
As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying

Dark green leaves, weak stems, and overall slow growth describes what I've been seeing pretty spot on. I think a lot of stuff has been contributing to my problems and misdiagnosing them have only made them worse. I think I was probably overwatering for a while and my humidity is still not in check. I think I'm also having that N issue that the article is talking about. I'm not going to flip it untill it's actually looking healthy. I'm confident it will recover though.

I'm tempted to take some tops(the most fucked up ones) and veg it for another month. I have that t24 turbo cloner just waiting to go. I could get a bunch more plants to work with...What do you guys think?

Problem: Dark green leaves, weak stems, and overall slow growth. Marijuana leaves that are nitrogen toxic often get "The Claw" or talon-like leaves that are bent at the ends. The also do a weird curving / cupping that is often mistaken for overwatering, but is unique to nitrogen toxicity. You can see a picture of this leaf "clawing" below.

Leaves that turn into claws often start turning yellow and dying if the nitogen toxicity is not treated, much like a nitrogen deficiency, only the leaves will continue to get more and more clawed. Leaves eventually turn yellow or brown and fall off. You can tell if yellowing is caused by too much nitrogen because the rest of the plant will be dark green, and the yellowing leaves will turn into claws first.

Different strains react differently to nitrogen toxicity. Some plants get dark green leaves with no clawing. Some strains will get leaves that do the weird 90 degree bend at the tips, while other strains or individual plants start curling like claws and then turn yellow / brown and fall off like a deficiency. Yet these are all signs of too much nitrogen.

Signs of Nitrogen Toxicity

Dark green leaves and foliage
Leaf tips may turn down, without signs of overwatering.
You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses
As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying

Dark green leaves, weak stems, and overall slow growth describes what I've been seeing pretty spot on. I think a lot of stuff has been contributing to my problems and misdiagnosing them have only made them worse. I think I was probably overwatering for a while and my humidity is still not in check. I think I'm also having that N issue that the article is talking about. I'm not going to flip it untill it's actually looking healthy. I'm confident it will recover though.

I'm tempted to take some tops(the most fucked up ones) and veg it for another month. I have that t24 turbo cloner just waiting to go. I could get a bunch more plants to work with...What do you guys think?

If a plant ever has an overload of n, I get really excited, becuase as soon as the levels get to an acceptable range, the plant has maximum N, and those plants will explode with growth. If they aren't burning, I try to keep mine right on the edge of max, and then burn that N out in the last month of flower. I've discussed the blue plant syndrome, and how I view it on my journal....I have to look at every problem as an opportunity, then capitalize on these conditions.

I try to look at it as a learning experience because it really is. If I didn't have this problem it wouldn't force me to think critically about it and so I am better because of it. Though admittedly I'd much rather just do well without having to try. :ganjamon:

I'm looking forward to harvesting this plant and putting soil behind me. Or at least keeping it outside anyway. hempys have a much smaller margin for error in an area I'm struggling with(watering) so I feel really good about that. Gotta make this bitch produce first though. It's costing about a 100 bucks a month to keep this thing alive.

I try to look at it as a learning experience because it really is. If I didn't have this problem it wouldn't force me to think critically about it and so I am better because of it. Though admittedly I'd much rather just do well without having to try. :ganjamon:

I'm looking forward to harvesting this plant and putting soil behind me. Or at least keeping it outside anyway. hempys have a much smaller margin for error in an area I'm struggling with(watering) so I feel really good about that. Gotta make this bitch produce first though. It's costing about a 100 bucks a month to keep this thing alive.

That's what it costs me to run 20 plants for four months! Just stop givin it nitrogen and wait, it'll get back to a reasonable level and take off....honestly, I dont see a problem, but an opportunity.

Yeah I hear ya. I'm not looking to unload this to a dispensary though. This is all for me and my wife. Maybe some charitable donations to friends who are card holders as well but for the most part all personal. I would love to produce top shelf hydro but the truth is I'd be exctatc with mids so long as I get a bunch of it. Wheter I'm vaping 1 bag or 2 to get medicated doesn't bother me either way. :thumb:

Yeah I hear ya. I'm not looking to unload this to a dispensary though. This is all for me and my wife. Maybe some charitable donations to friends who are card holders as well but for the most part all personal. I would love to produce top shelf hydro but the truth is I'd be exctatc with mids so long as I get a bunch of it. Wheter I'm vaping 1 bag or 2 to get medicated doesn't bother me either way. :thumb:

My weed will never be in a dispensary....whole different product, it'll be hard to get mids from your work if you follow basic fundamentals, your finished product will blow mids outa the water!!!!:thumb: The trends I speak of are what the consumers want, not what the dispensaries are willing to produce and offer, the middlemen are gonna be lookin for jobs too, the grwers and the patients are sick of most of the disensaries, citing poor quality and inflated prices. I'm not getting my info from newspapers. One disensary that is spoken very highly of is bayside...patients and growers alike! Good luck to them, the feds are after them because they do have their shit together...they're gonna try to starve em out by milking the money out of em til they can't afford to operate. The people I've spoken to are rallying to support them!

I saw the show about bay side (harbor side?) yeah they seems like good people. Trying to cripple them with litigation and red tape is a fairly common tactic unfortunately. What I don't get is why they want them gone so badly when they are generating half a million every year in taxes.

The war on drugs is just so frustrating because it makes no sense. Gotta keep those privatized jail cells full I guess.

Back
Top Bottom