Blue Plant Nutrients - Nirvana's Snow White - 1000w 5x5

That would be very helpful to see what your ph is. I think you might be root bound a bit as well. My blueberry mother I got as a clone in mid December is now flowering about to finish in a three gallon smart pot is exhibiting the same claw effect.

Looking good still doc. +reps

I thought it was over watering but if I even go a single day without watering it wilts and becomes clearly under watered and falls over. I don't have a ph tester for soil. I could read the run off. would that be helpfulll?

That is a good sign of the binding, I have a plant in flower that will go dry in a day, then take four days? It's using water in different amounts according to stage of growth and development, and RH.

I thought it was over watering but if I even go a single day without watering it wilts and becomes clearly under watered and falls over. I don't have a ph tester for soil. I could read the run off. would that be helpfulll?

Hey Doc!

So you're watering every 2nd day??
In that huge pot, there is no way that it's drinking that much.
I'll bet that the wilt has a lot to do with the either high temps, or more importantly PH issues.
You really need to invest in a PH pen brother.
It's the most important tool to have in your kit IMHO.
How can you read the runoff without a meter? or PH strips?
And even if you could read your runoff, it doesn't do you as much good as knowing what PH is going in up top first.
I'm almost certain that your curling is PH related.
Get a PH pen, and a PPM meter and I'm almost certain you're grow will flourish my friend.
:thumb:

Oh snap..
my bad.

I thought I read you didn't have one, but after re reading saw you didn't have a soil probe.
When was the last time you calibrated the meter with PH 4 and PH 7 calibration liquid?

:)

IMG_15779.JPG

IMG_158213.JPG

IMG_158312.JPG

IMG_15846.JPG

IMG_158511.JPG

IMG_159111.JPG

IMG_15928.JPG

I'm watering everyday. It's drinking between 1/2-2/3 a gallon most days with little or no run off. When I try to give it dry days by the time it's lights out it looks totally blasted and ready to fall over and die. On those days I water before lights out and it perks back up by the time it wakes up.

My ph is going in around 5.8 and coming out at 6.2. My tap water still reads about 7.8 like it always has so I think my meter is working correctly. My RH is way up and often within 25-40% and I feel this is acceptable.

Sooooo maybe nutes? Maybe heat stress? I've read some people have had success with flushing.

your ph sounds good bro, ive never grown in perlite/vermiculight before but I remember reading somewhere that the ph should be simillar to hydro.88 degrees is to hot with hps bro, It could definetly be heat stress.7.8 out of the tap is really high ph, im having issues with my well water and its 7.4-7.6 ph, im going to pick up an ro system after this harvest, maybe you should look into one too.heres a link to a pretty affordable one:)
https://www.sunflowersupplies.com/p...VERSE-OSMOSIS-FILTER-FILMTEC-HYDROPONICS.html

Hey Doc I think Jon is on the right track. 7.8 is pretty high, even for tap. Do you have any idea what the ppm of that tap water is?

With ph that high, there is obviously SOMETHING in that water. We don't know what, or how much, but we can be sure it's most likely Ca or Mg salts. Do your plumbing fixtures in the house have hard water deposits? ie do your faucets have white scale around the aerators?

My tap water is very hard. I had a problem with too much Ca locking out the Mg. Have you already tried some epsom salts? I bought an RO system, and I'm very glad I did. It was a great investment. Now I know exactly what is in my water. I have to use a little more calmag now, but that's fine with me. :)

That's an awesome plant btw, even with a little clawing. :winkyface:

Jon it's soil. There is just a very thin top layer of perlite. I started doing this because you don't get any gnats because they can't lay their egss in it. Every other time I've done soil I get gnats but not with the perlite. It's like 99% soil though.

I'll work on getting my temps down and look into getting an RO filter. I used to use store bought RO but lugging water is a major pain in the ass. I actually have a ppm meter that I never use I'll see what my tap is at.

Hiker, yeah I have hard water. Maybe that's it? I'll look into getting a filter but I'm really struggling to pay the power bill as is. =(
I think that will have to wait for next harvest because now I'm still buying meds and paying a hefty power bill at the same time.

thanks a lot for the feedback guys. It's so nice to know I'm not in this alone. I'm sorry I haven't made it around to all your journals. I'll get caught up soon.

your ph sounds good bro, ive never grown in perlite/vermiculight before but I remember reading somewhere that the ph should be simillar to hydro.88 degrees is to hot with hps bro, It could definetly be heat stress.7.8 out of the tap is really high ph, im having issues with my well water and its 7.4-7.6 ph, im going to pick up an ro system after this harvest, maybe you should look into one too.heres a link to a pretty affordable one:)
https://www.sunflowersupplies.com/p...VERSE-OSMOSIS-FILTER-FILMTEC-HYDROPONICS.html
this is the same reverse osmosis system that i purchased as well.

So I need to get an RO system, because when I tested my pH it was around 12. Do you guys think this system will work for me and bring the pH down to acceptable levels?

thanks.

I think I made some progress with temps last night. The tent has positive pressure now from the ac and the carbon filter is outside the tent and drawing air from inside the room instead of inside the tent. This will be less effective for smell. So far it's not been an issue so I will address that I guess if it is later. My filter was intended for a much larger space so hopefully it all works out.

Both the ac and the hood exhaust out of the room now on separate lines. The AC makes it all the way out a bathroom window via ducting and the hood is currently dumping into the hallway. Unlike the air coming from the AC the hood exhaust seems pretty cool so for now it works. It was still reading around 80 but it was up to 92 before so...

By the time I was done I went to bed so i don't have a real good sense of what my temps were like yet. It was pretty cool in there when I woke up so I think it's working. I'll have a much better sense of my temps after lights on today.

Back
Top Bottom