Bogus Monkeys Water Closet Winter 2022

This is my 3rd run with this system. First 2 used Emerald Harvest and had decent results. I thought I would step it up a bit and try FF Dirty Dozen. The strain is GSC X Cinderella 99. Maybe 16 days in. I will post up some pictures next. Main problem I am encountering at this point is the solution/mixture. I mis as instructed and with in 24 hours give or take, the stuff clumps together and settles at the bottom. I have 2 bubble stones (24/7) and a fountain pump on a timer. I will work backwards until I get caught up. This is just the main first 3 or really 2. Grow Big and Big Bloom.

Settled.jpeg

Settlement.jpeg

Roots&Setup.jpeg

Stirred.jpeg

I like the fact very much that I have only used maybe a half tablespoon of Down since I started 6 days ago, probably could have gotten away with none. The mix is somewhat simple. They claim to use the same main set of bottles (with a couple minor add ins) for flower. Root growth has been explosive and veg on top has def improved. I was running Emerald Harvest before and thought I may have graduated to something like FF (Dirty Dozen) but had problems from the start with that. I been doing a ton of searching/browsing to make sure it's PGR free but I have only found at this point 2 journals/diaries and they look awesome and the bud structure looks normal in them. Their website claims PGR free but for me seeing is believing. It is supposedly NOT made by Big (mouth) Mike. The smell of the mix is a little unique for me. It does not smell like rotten squid or seaweed. Very slightly ammonia smelling to me anyway. I'm still open to my opinions of it until I get a full run finished, or at least until I see what the structure of my buds look like.
I was also having issues with genetics in that 3 seeds out of the exact same package grown in the exact same system could finish with such incredibly different characteristics/shape and form but I think I have nipped that thanks to Mr. Soul. (More Coffee!)

I like the fact very much that I have only used maybe a half tablespoon of Down since I started 6 days ago, probably could have gotten away with none. The mix is somewhat simple. They claim to use the same main set of bottles (with a couple minor add ins) for flower. Root growth has been explosive and veg on top has def improved. I was running Emerald Harvest before and thought I may have graduated to something like FF (Dirty Dozen) but had problems from the start with that. I been doing a ton of searching/browsing to make sure it's PGR free but I have only found at this point 2 journals/diaries and they look awesome and the bud structure looks normal in them. Their website claims PGR free but for me seeing is believing. It is supposedly NOT made by Big (mouth) Mike. The smell of the mix is a little unique for me. It does not smell like rotten squid or seaweed. Very slightly ammonia smelling to me anyway. I'm still open to my opinions of it until I get a full run finished, or at least until I see what the structure of my buds look like.
I was also having issues with genetics in that 3 seeds out of the exact same package grown in the exact same system could finish with such incredibly different characteristics/shape and form but I think I have nipped that thanks to Mr. Soul. (More Coffee!)
You check out @ Prescription BlendCL🍀

I will def keep that in mind and be researching. Thanks. Do you use it and if so how is it for you PH wise?
A lot of members swear by it and being a member gets you a discount. I’m waiting on the code but I’m going to try them. They had a 40% off going but that code no longer works.

Some how I will get my 50 posts on. I did searching through here and did find a couple threads where my above product is mentioned. I'm wanting to PM the person and see what all they learned form the experience. - Anyway, started 4th week of flower. I noticed in their thread that they mentioned salt buildup of which I had noticed already. I flushed for 3 hours and remix/refilled res. Cant get over a few things. To me only, it sort of smells like ink out of an inkpen or something. Maybe slight ammonia smell. I am used to using stuff that smells like rotten seaweed or dead fish. And the PH really stays stable. Crazy. It better not have that PGR stuff with the buds turning out rock hard with all the crazy hairs etc. I have seen that stuff before. I will poke around here and try and learn more. I topped a bit back and defoliated a couple times now. About ready for 12/12.

20OctBack.jpeg

20OctMiddle.jpeg

20OctFront.jpeg

20Octa.jpeg

Some how I will get my 50 posts on. I did searching through here and did find a couple threads where my above product is mentioned. I'm wanting to PM the person and see what all they learned form the experience. - Anyway, started 4th week of flower. I noticed in their thread that they mentioned salt buildup of which I had noticed already. I flushed for 3 hours and remix/refilled res. Cant get over a few things. To me only, it sort of smells like ink out of an inkpen or something. Maybe slight ammonia smell. I am used to using stuff that smells like rotten seaweed or dead fish. And the PH really stays stable. Crazy. It better not have that PGR stuff with the buds turning out rock hard with all the crazy hairs etc. I have seen that stuff before. I will poke around here and try and learn more. I topped a bit back and defoliated a couple times now. About ready for 12/12.

20OctBack.jpeg

20OctMiddle.jpeg

20OctFront.jpeg

20Octa.jpeg
Nice looking ladies, healthy looking like they are loving something you’re doing.👍 CL🍀

How is it going @Bogus Monkey

I have a couple quick questions so I have a better idea of what going on.

What kind of water are you using? RO, tap, well, rain?

What is the temperature of your reservoir water? The reason I ask is because I thought I seen the on set of root rot in your first couple images. This normally occurs when the solution says above 72 degrees or 22. c .

The clumping you mention is normally because by the way the nutrients were mix a solution.
What order do you mix your solution?
Believe it or not this is important, because some nutrient must be mixed in first or you will notice the solution clouding at first then separating from the solution in clumps.
Are you using Silica?
Not mixing this first in your solution normally starts acting funny in the solution.

Last thing is you had a little calcium deficiency in one or two of your images this is normal. If you see it again just add some cal-mag to correct it.

If you like, I will follow along on your grow?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Edit: These comments are from the beginning of your journal to now. So some may no longer apply.
Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom