Bomb Shelter HO-T5 and LED Perpetual Harvest Shelf Grow

They definitely drain through them. There are maybe 8 holes per bag. The issue is that a few of the holes sit on the bottom of the bags. And the base of the bags lay flat on the shelf, as i dont have my bags elevated above the shelf which by the way will be one of my next projects...
So with that said. I lined the bottom of the growbags with hydrotron and the organic crutons, maybe a half inch thick to raise the soil away form the holes. But still makes me a little nervous..
But thank you for the compliments about the setup! Spent almost as much money to make it that clean as i spent on my equipment so far!

With that many plants, it makes flushing a job..I'd be a little concerned, while I don't know that it's warranted, that with the plastic flat on the shelf what organic critters would be growing underneath given the heat issue you mentioned. Not much airflow could cause "stuff" to grow.

I elevated mine slightly with small lengths of wood. I'm using smart pots though which drain from everywhere. One great thing about smart pots.

I was likewise very nervous about flushing but I'm telling you it worked out so well for me. I'm a flushing addict!

:Namaste:

Yeah.. Well my hope is that there will be no tears in the plastic so water wont get under it to begin with. Right now its doing its job and separating the water from the wood so were on the right track!

And im actually trying the smart pots out with a couple of my seedlings i just popped. SO im curious to see how they do compared to the cheap grow bags.

Thanks for stopping by man. Hows that norcali weather right now. God i miss that.

also cash have spent soil? im going start building room love your idea is that air tight? t im going start veg with same setup but only one 4ft on top and two oneach side.for the flower room i was thinking 400watt.

Well its about as air tight as Possible.
Its an old bomb shelter under our house with an intake and exhaust metal ducting going from the room up to the back yard. Concrete floors walls and ceiling. But being under the house, the winter is extremely cold down there.
Like i said though, going to add an intake fan in front of the filter once i get pai and figure out the most effective and least jerry-rigged way possible.

Yeah the 4ft t5's are pretty sweet. I bought mine from a specialty lighting shop in town. They arent the sunsystem lights or anything. But they are high output and the bulbs are 5k lumens a piece. I think i posted to product numbers of the bulbs and light earlier in the thread.
But got them for $212 with the bulbs instead of paying $400 something for the sunsystems one..
As for your 400w MH. It all depends on the size and the exhaust capabilities of your room. Ive never used 400W only 600W and i can tell you they crank out ALOT of heat. So making sure its well ventilated is key.
Thanks alot for checking out my grow mormino!

Yeah.. Well my hope is that there will be no tears in the plastic so water wont get under it to begin with. Right now its doing its job and separating the water from the wood so were on the right track!

And im actually trying the smart pots out with a couple of my seedlings i just popped. SO im curious to see how they do compared to the cheap grow bags.

Thanks for stopping by man. Hows that norcali weather right now. God i miss that.

Freaking raining and working my rh...but nice..it's the best.

:peacetwo:

Hey Everyone! Welcome to another update from the BOMB SHELTER!! :surf::surf:
Well, After being scared by some nute burn, and frustrated because my autoflower seeds didnt end up sprouting. I was in a pretty funk mood. After posting a thread asking for help. Reading some more, And taking action with a small flush 2 days ago. Walking into my garden this morning was sure filled with excitement.

For one, We are finally starting to creep our way around the top shelf in the bomb shelter. :thumb: With Two 4ft HOT5 6 bulb. 4 2bulb 4ft HOT5 for side lighting and 2 12W Growspot LED to complete the full wrap around, and with the addition of the seed. Its looking like its on its way to our goal of perpetual harvest potential.
creepin.jpg

Ill start with my ordered strains..
Of the 5 Purple Haze that I had, only 3 had cracked originally, I left the other 2 hoping something might come from them in the days to follow. And they DID! Well from one of them. So my purple haze plant count has upped to 4 lovely young ladies..
Also new news, my power kush seed, late to sprout, has also finally broken ground and sprouted its first set of leaves!
THe Blackberry lady that was looking yellow and sluggish, has also picked up removing all of the mysterious yellow and also sprouted its first set of leaves. Other than those new things, nothing negative to report with the seedlings!! They are at day 4 from being planted in the soil, and here is pretty much where they all stand.
WB1.jpg

Total plant count= 35 plants
1 Moby dick. sex:?
1 Powerkush. sex: ?
1 Cali Hash Plant. sex: ?
5 White Berry. sex: Female
3 Blackberry. sex: Female
4 Purple Haze. sex: Female
20 bagseed. sex: ?

Which Brings me to the next part. The bagseed squad.
To start, id like to say that i am extremely pleased with the HOT5 lights. Im able to have 10 blulbs completely surrounding my plants and keep the temps completely reasonable. Being able to mix the light spectrum, and hang the lights so close with little heat, makes the options very versatile. Not to mention, they are producing some extremely bushy plants..
This plant here literally has hardly left the ground, at only 2 inches, but already with side branching...
bushy14.jpg

bushy_2.jpg

And the average undergrowth of the rest of the squad
undergrowth_1.jpg

Any nute burnin or drooping of the plants is far in the rear view. They are really starting to look healthy under the T5/LED combo...
Reach for the sky!!!!
plant_129.jpg

plant_228.jpg

artsy_1.jpg

group_24.jpg

group_32.jpg

Now what would be an update without a question though???:tokin:
one of the bagseeds in the past day, has begun to show the signs of some kind of defficiency im thinking. possibly K? It is very lightly beginning to form neon green edges around the very top leaves of the plant...
abuse_.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Anyway this weekend is going to be a busy one.
1. Make new 5gal watering bucket.
2. fix exhaust. No longer airtight. The seal that i used has come loose, likely from clumsy bumping into the ducting, but needs to be fixed regardless.
3. Add intake duct booster fan to the intake filter.
4. build mother room on bottom shelf of room.
5. add side lighting to second light set in flower area and one more light hood to room.

Tonights update was brought to you by some random mystery purple ganja.
I hope the blackberry looks something like this!
ganja1.jpg

Anyway, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN A STOP BY MY GROW!!!

Wow! 35 plants is a full time job yo!! Good gracious! They look really good man.

I'd offer advice on the nute deficiency but you know more about this stuff than me..

Watching this one will be fun!!

I'm interested to see how these bags work out for you. I really like how you've planted these on one side of the bag for future LST'ing. I'm doing that with my next grow.

The T5 lights are really getting bushy results. If I didn't grow in winter, I'd go with those for sure. Sweet!

Giantsfan. Ha yeah 35 is alot. And there will only be more to
come. My hope is to pit around 80 flowering plants in there a well as a veg area with at least 6 mothers an ez cloner and 30 or so veg plants.. So it will only get busier for me! Ha. But the plants will be small and manageable so I don't think it will be too big of an issue.
As for the bags.. I've actually only ever used them until the 4 smart pots I bought for this round. At .20 cents a piece it's nice to save a little
bit of cash using them..

Dirtinmyears. Thanks!! A couple of months and it should be completely full... I'm hoping to have it full by June 1st. And yes I'm completely sold on the t5. For veg at least thus far. Keeps them nice bushy. :D well see how well they work for flower. I hope it has the same effect. Dense this buds opposed to long airy nugs..

McCrackin. Yeah I was thinking about the K. Def but well see in a couple of days and see what happens. I might toss her a little bit of strong k nutes to get her back on track though
thanks everyone for taking a look!!

Hey everyone!!! Well Back for my every other day update..
Well things are still moving along very nicely. And theres not a huge ton to really update. Was payday today though, so this weekend when i get some free time im going to be doing some, updates to the equipment in the room..

Still looking for more info about environment controllers, so if anyone has some experience with them, id love to hear about how they are working for you? Bandit i will send you a pm maybe tomorrow asking about how your system is working..

Well. To start with fixing some problems. I have ONE plant, in my last update, that is showing some kind of def.. After doing a bunch of lurkin ive come to the conclusion that its a mg def. So, to fix this, im going to try fixing it by foliar feeding right now, and if that doesnt fix itself within a couple days, or just gets worse, i will add it to my water...
I started with 1tbs of Organicare Huvega to 6.5ph (130 ppm) agua and gave it a nice shower on the bottoms of her leaves and will again most likely two days from now..
Also Watered the sprouts and the bagseeds. Sprouts as well as the bagseed were watered with pure 6.5 ph water.. I am still giving plain water just to be safe with the nuterient burns from earlier. I do like the KISS (keep it simple stupid) technique. Less is more alot of times. So after 3 plain water feedings, as well as a small flush. I will start them on the nutes again. I will start with 1/4 and move up. Most likely only reaching to one full strength dose before starting flowering.

Also i forgot that I had bought a ppm meter at the beginning of the grow but have yet to use it. So constant ppm testing will now be taking place.
My tap water comes out at 8.2ph and 89ppm The tapwater where i am contains very healthy amounts of calcium, and has worked GREAT for my previous grows.

Here are some stats from my journal for today:
5/18 12:00am day 21 3 WEEKS FROM SEED
Light 3 1/2 inches from tops of tallest plants.
Temp: 89F RH:39%
Tallest: Bagseed #14 and #18 at 6"
Shortest: Bagseed #11 2"
Water plain 6.5ph water 5gal total
Foliar fed 130ppm huvega MG to #11 for mg deficiency.

Now for the PICS! whoop!
The seedlings are sure chucking along. As for an update with the seeds.
I now have all 5 of the Purple Haze ladies going! The 2 seeds that didnt crack, wound up cracking almost 3 days later than the rest, but are BOTH above ground now!
The moby dick, which was unhealthy from the get go did not end up taking.. unfortunately...
But the final count is as follows..
5 Purple Haze.
3 Black Berry.
5 Whiteberry.
Cali Hash Plant.
Powerkush.
seeds37.jpg

bb50.jpg

PH9.jpg

wb2.jpg

Bag seed
Getting some nice healthy trunks forming!
trunk_2.jpg

trunk5.jpg

And these t5 with the side t5 lighting, as well as the LED's are making some SERIOUSLY bushy plants... With the average height of only 4 inches... This is what alot of the plants are looking like.. I have never had such stocky plants before in my previous grows..
I CANNOT wait to start tying these babies over in another couple weeks.
bushmeister.jpg

inside_of_bushy.jpg

bushy15.jpg

undergrowth6.jpg

profile2.jpg

profile_2.jpg

plants17.jpg

I :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: t5's
light_shot1.jpg

group_33.jpg

THANK YOU FOR COMMING BY THE BOMB SHELTER!

Could you possibly bring in some of that fresh cold outside air?

That's going to be a lot of tying my friend, but the results will be worth it for sure.

Nice looking grow space, I am loving the T5's:thumb: I had the same problem with temps into the 90's during my last grow and I had a very small space to work with. I picked up a danby portable AC from Best Buy for under 300 bucks. here is a link at the bottom to the manufacturer website. I got the most basic model but it still offers a dehumidifier on it as a standard option:slide: Cannot beat it for the money. It brought my temps from 90's down to low 70's:)
Danby

Nice looking grow space, I am loving the T5's:thumb: I had the same problem with temps into the 90's during my last grow and I had a very small space to work with. I picked up a danby portable AC from Best Buy for under 300 bucks. here is a link at the bottom to the manufacturer website. I got the most basic model but it still offers a dehumidifier on it as a standard option:slide: Cannot beat it for the money. It brought my temps from 90's down to low 70's:)
Danby

Awesome tip there..thanks Anomoly! I've been cruising around looking for an a/c solution..that seems the strongest I've seen...

+reps!!

Awesome tip there..thanks Anomoly! I've been cruising around looking for an a/c solution..that seems the strongest I've seen...

+reps!!

Glad it helped:thumb: You still will need to vent the hot A/C exhaust out of your grow area But I just found a way to route it out through the exhaust side of my air-cooled fan system with a splitter for my ventilation. So I could just hook up the A/C exhaust to the exit side of my air-cooled reflector and exhaust it through the same area as all the other heated air. Im sure theres a lot of good solutions to that but thats what I did.:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom