Bomb Shelter HO-T5 and LED Perpetual Harvest Shelf Grow

Hey thanks bandit!! Its definitely turning into one! Once those 18 clones root, ill cut another 18. or as many as possible, as were going to be adding 3 more mothers from the name brand fem plants.

And there will be an update coming tonight after i ut a little bit of work in. We were having problems with our cloner leaking, so i spent all day trying to find a suitable replacement rubbermaid tote, without any luck unfortunately. almost all of them seemed to not be very sterdy and i could tell without buying the they would leak as well. So my plan b came to look at coolers. I figured water tight, most of them are white, so they would reflect the light as well. But upon further investigation, found that with the cupholders, the lid wouldnt be ideal for holding the net pots..
So walking around walmart i found a truck lock box, that has an excellent seal. Its slightly smaller volume than the tote were using currently, but the lid has more room for clone sites. AND its watertight. So ill be building that tonight.

Also, went out today and purchased two more 4ft 6bulb t'5s and an oscilating fan. As well as installing a intake fan 4 nights ago to hook up to the filter. Its a 250cfm duct booster fan, not the most powerful, but definitely works and temps have not gone about 84F since we installed it!!
C02 comes next. Which arises a question.
And maybe BANDIT you can help me here. Im looking at your digi grow coco c02 monitor/regulater combo. My question, is if im not using an environmental controller. How do i set it up in conjunction with my fans to not waste c02?

hey everyone!
Well another extremely busy day in the garden full of ups and downs...
Where do i start.

Day 3 for first batch of clones. Day 1 for second batch of clones. Day 19 for the young plants. And day 3 (day 34 from seed) of flower for the bagseed.

CLONES
Disaster today... When i opened the garden today, one of the cfl's had fallen over ontop of a group of the clones. Burning a couple to a complete crisp an leaving several more with burned leaves... So my original clone count went from 18 to 16.
Like i said, and showed in my last post. I made a DIY ez cloner about 4 days ago..The first rubbermaid tote i bought was a total piece of shit, and was leaking like the tatanic, so i found a smaller tote layin around, and modified the pvc and made it work, but again. Leaks. So today i had enough, and decided to try and finally fix it.
I went to walmart and picked up a truck lockbox for about 20 dollars that had a really nice seal on it. Added some gorilla tape to tighten it up. And voila! No leaks. Also there is room to add more sites than originally planned! I have 32 sites now, with room for about 15 more when the time comes!
Now the issue, was that, I had to transfer the pump and the misters from the old one, and swap the two out. With the little room I have in my garden, this was quite the trick... Also Had a mixup in labeling. So i really have no idea which clones are from which bagseed...:oops:
But. On the bright side, i have a new cloner that doesnt leak. And i took 10 more clones from the mothers today. So total clone count is up to 26 now.
All in all. I think I will end up buying a real ez cloner when the money comes around. The DIY is great as you can modify them how you want. But the issues with leaking, and the headaches its caused me isnt worth the single purchase with a warranty if something does go wrong...

Young name brand plants
These guys are just booming with growth... I couple of them showed some MG issues the last couple days, so when watering last night i was sure to add some to their diet..
They ate (relative to 5 gal bucket)
7.5ml Buddah Grow
5ml Huvega
5ml Trinity
Also mixed up the next batch of food for them tonight as well.
10ml buddah grow
5ml extreme serene
10ml trinity
5ml ancient amber
ppm=266

I fed the moms with their food yesterday as well. And they are still a little droopy this morning..

These plants are on day 20 from seed. exactly 2 weeks behind the ones in flower now. When the plants in flower now hit 2 weeks. These ladies will hop in the flower mix as well. Which would hopefully have the clones in 1 gallon bags by then. And 2 weeks in veg and then they add to the flower room as well. Once this first batch of clones are rooted and in soil. I will shorten my veg to 2 weeks only. Putting me on a 2 week harvest schedule..

Flowering plants!
Well today is day 4 for the bagseed. And its looking like I have 10 females for sure, with 2 males, and 3 still waiting to lift up their skirts. (hopefully not their shorts). Not too much is changing with them besides a little bit more growth. Im suprised about the little amount of stretch yet though.. More bushing out, and inner growth than height wise.. A couple of them are beginning to smell already as well. Not strongly like weed. But when im looking through them for signs of sex, I will get a breeze of stank.
I also fed these ladies tonight Heres what they ate. (relative to 5gal bucket)
7.5ml Huvega
5ml buddah grow
10ml Buddah Bloom
5ml extreme serene
5ml trinity
5ml hp2
5ml hpk
with a ppm of 273.
I mixed up their dose for the next watering as well
7.5ml huvega
10ml buddah grow
10ml buddah bloom
5ml extreme serence
10ml trinity
10ml hp2
10ml hpk
ppm=448

I will give them straight water after that. Then up the dose a little more depending on how they respond..
Im excited to try the roots organics line of nutes. as ive never grown pure organic before... So well see!!!

Since adding the new intake, Im able to have both side lighting panels on, with a daytime temp of 79F and a nighttime temp of 69F-72F. However, I am getting a decent ammount of condensation around the ductings connecting to the fan. Which raises a little bit of concern... hmmm. Any suggestions?

Also Bought 2 more 4ft 6bulb t5's today to add to the flower room. And going to be picking up 2 45w led panels when the shop restocks in about 2 weeks to add as well. They should dig it most likely.
Anyway enough of my blabbering. heres some pictures!!!!

IMG_06789.jpg

Remember that plant that was really hurting from MG def about a week and a half ago?
IMG_06749.jpg

IMG_06757.jpg

so bushy theres no main stem!
IMG_06778.jpg

IMG_06738.jpg

IMG_06819.jpg

IMG_06829.jpg

IMG_06798.jpg

This mom was getting to tall, so took the top of her off as a clone.
IMG_06878.jpg

Blackberry thats going to most likely be a mom
IMG_06858.jpg

Whiteberry thats gunna be a proud mother
IMG_06848.jpg

IMG_06869.jpg

IMG_06837.jpg

Now one last peek inside the garden to double check for leaks in the cloner. and off to bed! WHooooop. Im tired. Thanks for looking everyone..

I'd be tired too after all of that!

You have one of the coolest club houses I've seen, you're gonna have all the kids* lined up to play!

*By kids I mean adults!

:nicethread:

Thanks Dime!!! Really Appreciate it! Im definitely trying. Its proving to be a huge handful. IM going to start keeping a time log of howmuch time i spend in the garden every day. I wish I did it from the start. That way I can see how much an hour ill be making. Try to take the seriousness of a job to the table with it. Hopefully the results will pay off with how much attention im giving this project.

Thanks Dime!!! Really Appreciate it! Im definitely trying. Its proving to be a huge handful. IM going to start keeping a time log of howmuch time i spend in the garden every day. I wish I did it from the start. That way I can see how much an hour ill be making. Try to take the seriousness of a job to the table with it. Hopefully the results will pay off with how much attention im giving this project.

The time log is a horrible idea for ME, at this rate I'd probably make more working for Walmart in China :rofl: Next grow I hope to get at least federal minimum wage :grinjoint:

..Plus my wife is my time keeper, she makes sure I don't get too much overtime :)

Just keep doing what your doing and you'll be rich with BUDS :high-five:

:peace:

Day 8 first batch. day 5 second batch. day 24 young plants. Day 8 flower, day 39 from seed.
WEll its been a longer than I would have liked between updates, but i hope to be back on track again now. The last few days have truely been a nightmare for me with the cloner. Leak after leak, tub after tub remaking it. The light falling on the first batch of clones. and between dealing with the rest of the plants and my two jobs. Wow, ive been up way too late every night. So with this update i hope to have a little more sleep time at night and not be kicking myself over this stupid cloner.

Clones Day 8 first batch day 5 second batch.
I finally have fixed the cloner. Hopefully again! I was having leaks, not on the lid, (which was the issue with the previous two roughneck tubs), but in the bolt holes for the handle and locks. I tried several different things, And went back to the store and bought some marine plastic epoxy putty. I applied that to the 8 bolt holes and let it sit for a day. The leak problem should definitely be fixed. :thumb: SO now with the cloner finally fixed, the cloning should go far smoother, and with better results...
The first batch 18 clones originally. And after 8 days of hell, (being dropped and mixed up. Drying out completely. And transferring from a cloner to water and back) A couple of them are starting to root. Overall the health of the first batch is very very poor. Burned leaves. N problems. And more. But we will see what we can do with them once we transplant them.
The second batch which is 10, that came from the 3 bagseed moms, are doing much better. The clones from bag 18 are starting to root. And the rest are still dark green and are showing signs of wanting to start.
Young plants day 24
These plants are doing great. There are some mg problems affecting the bottom leaves of a couple of the plants. But added some more huvega to the last watering. Last night 5/5. No more new signs and its not spreading. I Think the high calcium % in our tapwater has something to do with this.
THe Mg burns showed up at near exact same time as the bagseeds. So i will do some more testing with the upcoming clones. And maybe think about feeding pure bottled water for the first couple days.
The Cali hash plant is doing extremely well, and dear lord i hope its a girl! With this plant, we will add it to our quota of 10 plants a week, but will make only hash with the entire plant. Bud and all. The CH and Powerkush are the two seeds that werent feminized, so they will go to be mothers and at 4 weeks hopefully wont have to chop them. I also have selected my mothers from the other strains.It will bring our mom count up to 8. But with the amount of cloning were going to be doing. It should keep their size under control. And it will just let us take bigger healthier clones :)
And with only 20 plants taking up the rest of the veg area, 2 week veg time, (10 per week) i should have more than enough room.
10 of the young plants will go into flower in 3 days. 3 weeks of flower. As the mothers get bigger, and am able to take bigger clones. The veg time will be decreased to 2 weeks.
2blackberry
4 whiteberry
4 purple haze

I fed the veg plants and the mothers with this
10ml buddah grow
5ml extreme serene
10ml trinity
5ml ancient amber
ppm=266

Flowering bagseed. day 8 flower. day 39 from seed.
These plants are just killing it. I love the bagseed because each plant is different, and i have no idea what to expect from them.. Theyare growing like crazy, but maintaining their bushy structure. I am so excited for these plants. We trimmed up alot tonight. ALmost all the lower growth to really give us the canopy effect. A couple of the plants we left on all of the potential bud sites, but trimmed all the fan leaves lower. To see which will yield more.
I fed them 2 nights ago 5/4 with this:
7.5ml huvega
10ml buddah grow
10ml buddah bloom
5ml extreme serence
10ml trinity
10ml hp2
10ml hpk
ppm=448
With Trimming my plants, I was able to pack them much tighter together and it opened enough room for 4 more plants under this light. I'm able to fit 3 deep on the shelf right now. Once i shorten veg time, Im able to fit 4 deep.
And they loved it. Im also looking at getting purple maxx and possibly snow storm to add to the mix a little later in flowering.
Not much else is new with the flowering plants besides growth. So here are a ton of pictures!!

Clones
IMG_07037.jpg

IMG_07028.jpg

Veg/mothers
Bagseed 8 mother smallest leaves. but one of the bushiest plants... anyone have an idea on what this might be?
IMG_07089.jpg

looking into her stem
IMG_07098.jpg

IMG_07077.jpg

The whiteberry has some cool looking growth. I pray this reappears during flowering?
IMG_07059.jpg

IMG_07068.jpg

IMG_07048.jpg

Flowering
IMG_070110.jpg

IMG_069811.jpg

IMG_069712.jpg

IMG_06998.jpg

IMG_06914.jpg

The trimming we did tonight
IMG_06969.jpg

IMG_06948.jpg

IMG_06956.jpg

Group flower room shot
IMG_06925.jpg

IMG_06934.jpg

Until next time.. THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

HA! I was looking at those red/purpleish leaf tips thinking to myself...."what the hell kind of deficiency could that be?"

Didn't realize you had an LED light in there...HA!!! I'm cracking myself up over here!

Wish I was medicated, I could blame it on that but alas....I'm just a freakin goof ball!!

:Namaste:

modnarb thanks for stopping by! i definitely think that a clean setup is key in a grow. It doesnt have to be extremely fancy or tons of money put in. but as long as your closet, cab, or room is well organized and tidy. you will have a good grow.

Horse thanks bro! lets just hope that i can keep em that way!

giants fan haha, i would have no idea what to do with myself if that was some type of def. but alas its not! and i dont hav the led's down in the veg room. thats just color sproutin up on the new growth. stoked.

dirtinmyears thanks man.. i try to keep the updats organized i guess? helps that i have alot of plants to take photos of.

modnarb thanks for stopping by! i definitely think that a clean setup is key in a grow. It doesnt have to be extremely fancy or tons of money put in. but as long as your closet, cab, or room is well organized and tidy. you will have a good grow.

Horse thanks bro! lets just hope that i can keep em that way!

giants fan haha, i would have no idea what to do with myself if that was some type of def. but alas its not! and i dont hav the led's down in the veg room. thats just color sproutin up on the new growth. stoked.

dirtinmyears thanks man.. i try to keep the updats organized i guess? helps that i have alot of plants to take photos of.

Nah you got something in there casting a purpleish hue on some of the leaves....I just assumed it was an LED but it looks like a light housing of some kind...killer color though....

:Namaste:

haha i definitely am smiling every time i go to work in the garden. i try to spend as much time down there as possible just to be around the plants. Started watching movies on my laptop down there so thats nice..

Also today, just went out and picked up some purple maxx from humbolt countys own. Going to introduce that into my feeding schedule. going to feed full ferts, then puple maxx. then plain ph water.
from what ive read they say to reduce your ppm to about 1/3 strength... but im just going to add it with plain water. better safe than sorry..
im really curious about their other product. gravity. but as this is an organic grow. would be foolish to add one non organic fert.. An i do find it odd, that of their triple additive line (bushmaster, purple maxx, and gravity) that they would only make one of them organic. hmmmmm....
but well see how it works out for me. im really curious how its going to work with the already pruple strains i have. The blackberry and purple haze..

Back
Top Bottom