Bomb Shelter HO-T5 and LED Perpetual Harvest Shelf Grow

Hey everyone. Well today while working in the garden. I finally felt everything was right. With the cloner finally not leaking. 3 great looking mothers. 5 more mommas soon to be. and 11 flowering plants. 10 more 1 week behind them. and 26 clones 2 weeks behind them . the room is starting to fill up fast.
9weeks of flower time will drop on june 2nd. From June 2nd on, im planning to be cutting down 10 plants every week. For a total of 40 a month. Im hoping to get 1/2oz a plant. giving me approx 5oz a week, for 20oz a month.
40 plants a month
10 plants a week
1/2oz /plant
5 oz/ week 20oz/ month

A steady stream of meds and a steady stream of work to keep me busy.. Hopefully after the first couple crops, once dialing in the environment and c02 and nutes a little more. Maybe learn i can pack more plants and do 12 a week or 13 a week? Or i can get more per plant. .6-.75 an oz a plant.

ANyway thought i would post a picture update mostly with the plants in flower because i rarely seemto get photos the day, or the day after we water. so here you go.
Watered with 6.5 ph and 1/2tsp purple max /gal of water. (2.5 tsp total)
IMG_071710.jpg

IMG_071411.jpg

IMG_072311.jpg

IMG_07189.jpg

IMG_07319.jpg

IMG_07279.jpg

IMG_07209.jpg

IMG_072918.jpg

IMG_071912.jpg

IMG_072212.jpg

IMG_07289.jpg

IMG_073214.jpg

IMG_07339.jpg

IMG_073011.jpg

IMG_073511.jpg

IMG_07347.jpg

IMG_071515.jpg

IMG_07169.jpg

haha i definitely am smiling every time i go to work in the garden. i try to spend as much time down there as possible just to be around the plants. Started watching movies on my laptop down there so thats nice..

Also today, just went out and picked up some purple maxx from humbolt countys own. Going to introduce that into my feeding schedule. going to feed full ferts, then puple maxx. then plain ph water.
from what ive read they say to reduce your ppm to about 1/3 strength... but im just going to add it with plain water. better safe than sorry..
im really curious about their other product. gravity. but as this is an organic grow. would be foolish to add one non organic fert.. An i do find it odd, that of their triple additive line (bushmaster, purple maxx, and gravity) that they would only make one of them organic. hmmmmm....
but well see how it works out for me. im really curious how its going to work with the already pruple strains i have. The blackberry and purple haze..

watching movies on your lab top surrounded in plants, thats the life!

im growing some blueberry homboldt so anything realated to homboldt spikes my interest now, Ill check back in later brother!
:tokin:

Haha yeah its not too bad! There could be worse places to watch movies. Only thing i wish is that i could hang out with my dogs down there...
When im back from work i will check your grow out and catch up to see the haps!

Also. I am curious about something maybe someone could shed some light my way with.
What are the dangers, and how would I, change the photoperiod. Im not talking drastic. But right now, the lights are 10am-10pm. Would be nice to move it forward a couple of hours. say to 8am-8pm. WHen the lights go off. Should i just have the lights come on two hours earlier or..? Any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated. and returned with reps.

Haha yeah its not too bad! There could be worse places to watch movies. Only thing i wish is that i could hang out with my dogs down there...
When im back from work i will check your grow out and catch up to see the haps!

Also. I am curious about something maybe someone could shed some light my way with.
What are the dangers, and how would I, change the photoperiod. Im not talking drastic. But right now, the lights are 10am-10pm. Would be nice to move it forward a couple of hours. say to 8am-8pm. WHen the lights go off. Should i just have the lights come on two hours earlier or..? Any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated. and returned with reps.

I was thinking the same damn thing :thumb:

My schedule is 11-11 and want to drop it back am hour to 10-10. I'll throw in some reps as well!

ok ok...I'll bite...

I changed my photoperiod early in flower actually a couple of times before I got it right.

It only varied an hour but and it didn't make any difference/stress my plants to hermie.

THAT would be my only concern. I went from 9 to 9 from 8 to 8.

Here's how I did it...

I let the lights come on at the normal time then shut them down an hour early. Then after lights off, I adjusted the timer to come on an hour earlier.

I did this when the time changed....

:Namaste:

I simply changed the timers an hour, once, at daylight savings time. The plants didn't think it was a big deal.

I've also done an hour a night til I got it where I wanted it. I don't think it would matter much either forward or backwards.

Hey Everyone. Well just a text update. pictures will come tomorrow.
Tonight was an extremley busy night. 7 full hours putting in work downstairs.
Here is what happened.
We are on day 10 of flower for group 1A- Things are chuggin right along. I had to remove one piece of side lighting for a quick fix for the mothers. So new side lighting will be needed before to long.
I moved group 1B to flower- (2 fem blackberry. 3 fem purp haze. 3 fem whiteberry.) I watered them plain water. plus 10tsp huvega. 6.5ph. They will start their flower feeding next water. They are on day 26 from seed
Group 2A (1st clones)The first batch of clones. 6 of group 2A were moved to soil in 1.5 gal pots and watered with plain ph water. 6 more weaker rooted from group 2A were put in small containers to see what happens.. This batch of clones is in very very dier shape. THey went through hell and back. So we will see how they react to this. If they end up dying. Im where i thought i would be in the first place. An if they come back. Hey. Were up 12 more plants... These will stay in veg for 14 days. And then go to flower..
Group 2B - all 4 from mother#18 went into 1.5 gal pots and were watered These are much healthier than group 2A. They spent less time in the cloner. THey were not dropped. They did not transfer cloners. And they did not have a light fall on them burning them to a crisp. 3 from mother # 8 and 4 from mother #4 are still in the cloner.
Group 3a 4 clones were taken from each mother #4,18, and 8. They will spend no more than 14 days in the cloner before moving to 1 gal soil pots.

I also mounted the side lighting to the roof for the mothers and the clones. So I will need to buy 2 more dual 4ft t5 strips for the upstairs side lighting. As well as 2 more dual for the side lighting for the second light..Well. Here we go everyone. things will really start to pick up in pace within the next couple weeks...
Pray for my sick clones! Thanks!!

Hey Everyone. Well just a text update. pictures will come tomorrow.
Tonight was an extremley busy night. 7 full hours putting in work downstairs.
Here is what happened.
We are on day 10 of flower for group 1A- Things are chuggin right along. I had to remove one piece of side lighting for a quick fix for the mothers. So new side lighting will be needed before to long.
I moved group 1B to flower- (2 fem blackberry. 3 fem purp haze. 3 fem whiteberry.) I watered them plain water. plus 10tsp huvega. 6.5ph. They will start their flower feeding next water. They are on day 26 from seed
Group 2A (1st clones)The first batch of clones. 6 of group 2A were moved to soil in 1.5 gal pots and watered with plain ph water. 6 more weaker rooted from group 2A were put in small containers to see what happens.. This batch of clones is in very very dier shape. THey went through hell and back. So we will see how they react to this. If they end up dying. Im where i thought i would be in the first place. An if they come back. Hey. Were up 12 more plants... These will stay in veg for 14 days. And then go to flower..
Group 2B - all 4 from mother#18 went into 1.5 gal pots and were watered These are much healthier than group 2A. They spent less time in the cloner. THey were not dropped. They did not transfer cloners. And they did not have a light fall on them burning them to a crisp. 3 from mother # 8 and 4 from mother #4 are still in the cloner.
Group 3a 4 clones were taken from each mother #4,18, and 8. They will spend no more than 14 days in the cloner before moving to 1 gal soil pots.

I also mounted the side lighting to the roof for the mothers and the clones. So I will need to buy 2 more dual 4ft t5 strips for the upstairs side lighting. As well as 2 more dual for the side lighting for the second light..Well. Here we go everyone. things will really start to pick up in pace within the next couple weeks...
Pray for my sick clones! Thanks!!

All that hard work is going to pay off in the end. You are gonna be up to your eye balls in green. Sending good vibes your way for the little ones!

Haha i hope so dime!

Well im currently looking for my camera cord to upload pictures. so hopefully tonight i will find it...
Well were still chuggin away in the garden..
Of the second batch of clones. 4 went into soil. the other 8 rooted, but took far too long, and looked very weak, so away they went. The third batch that has been in the cloner for 4 days now are going strong. And I took 8 more new, larger clones today from the mommas.
Im definitely still figuring out this cloner though.. This time I added a low dose. 5ml of thrive alive. Still dipped the cuttings in clonex. but ive now added a humidity dome...
Im having problems though... My clones are rooting. With what appear to be very healthy roots, but the growth on the top is yellowing, and the tips are even dying on some of the plants...
Ive been doing some reading and have come to the conclusion that a timer is needed. I am thinking going 5min on 5 min off. Also the humidity dome will definitely stay now. Ive found in the first couple days new clones are in the cloner. they need to be covered and they dont wilt..

ANyway, as of now, there are 20 plants in the cloner.
12 group 4a day 4
8 group 4b day 1

Mothers
Mothers are definitely doing great. Bushing out like crazy now that they are in new homes. Im still feeding them with veg nutes, but im cutting the dose in half. I dont want them to grow too fast.
With the 5 new mothers I will be introducing. Im beginning to rethink my strategy slightly...
Here are my options. Tell me what you guys think would be a more interesting/worthwile grow.
A. Keep all 8 mothers. but up my plant count, with less veg time, and smaller pots. 15-20 plants a week with veg time for only 5 days in 1/2 gallon pots or less
B. Toss the bagseed moms to make oom for the 5 blackberry, whiteberry,purple haze, cali hash plant, and powerkush. Take 2 clones per plant per week- 10per week. veg for 2 weeks keep in 1 gallon pot.

Veg
There are currently 11 plants in veg. They looked like shit when they went in. And they are definitely coming back. I gave them quite a bit o fresh water when i put them in their new homes. ANd slowly but surely they are regaining strength. Still yellow and burnt tips, but these 11 are definitely going to make it. They are roughly 12 days behind the first batch of plants in flower and 4 days only behind the second batch.
I will keep feeding plain water until they fully regain strength. 14 days of veg total time

The first couple of harvests will definitely be closer to each other than 1 week. With the first 4 coming sporadically.

Flower
Well we are at day 14 and day 4!
The 10 plants in group 2a are starting to show their first flowers. By the way 3 of the 10 in group 2 only spent 12-15 days in veg. So this will be a good indicator of weight per plant with a 2 week veg time.
The plants in group 1 are definitely putting in work with the flower shop. Budsites everywhere. I really do like the lollipop effect. You can definitely see how it pushes for growth toward the colas. No crystals yet. But they will come. Especially with more of this purple maxx.. One of the plants, the same strain im guessing as one of our mothers (bag 18) which has been an AMAZING plant the whole way through, is just growing like crazy. It has outgrown the t5 and is at least 6 inches taller than the rest of the group. So ive moved it to the side and am focusing 1 ledjust on its top. well see what that does!
The watering for flower will go as follows for a water every 3 days schedule. full nutes. purple maxx. plain water. full nutes. purple maxx. plain waiter. etc etc etc until the flush that will come at the 3rd day into week 6. Purple maxx and trinity will continue through flush as well as sweet and clearex.
I fed group 1a yesterday with
10ml (50ml total) Buddah Grow
15ml (75ml total) Buddah Bloom
5ml(25ml total) Extreme Serene
15ml (75ml total) Trinity
15ml (75ml total HP2
5ml (25ml total) hpk
15ml total huvega
for a ppm of 575
still very low. Im curious if maybe i should try to go up even more. this is based off the roots organics feeding schedule...
The same was watered to group 2.

i hope i can find my camera cord soon. would be nice to get some pictures up. things are changing daily!!

Hey everyone. Borrowed something to upload my pictures on. so here are pictures from the last two days
day 13 and 14 of flowe
day 1 and day 4 of clones in the cloner.
day 4 in pots of first group of clones

Here are the clones... These are the ones that went through hell. and still rooted. We took the best 11 of the first group and put them in 1.5 gal pots for veg. they are definitely coming back and gaining health fast.
still have a long way to go though. I will give them plain water as long as it takes to regain health.

IMG_075711.jpg

IMG_07569.jpg

IMG_075815.jpg

Here are the new clones
IMG_076112.jpg

Here are the mothers and soon the be mothers. They are on 1 1/2 month veg with 8 clones taken per plant of the bagseed (in 3 gal pots)

IMG_076211.jpg

IMG_076012.jpg

IMG_074011.jpg

Blackberry. Whiteberry. Purple Haze. Cai Hash Plant. Power kush. soon to be mothers
IMG_075913.jpg

A couple pictures of the new flower plants. They are 4 days into flower.

THere are 10 total. some hidden behind the tall middle ones. The 3 in the front 2purple haze an a blackberry were vegged for 12-15 days. Taller plants were vegged for 26.
IMG_07419.jpg

And a bunch of pictures from the flowering lants that are 14 days. Im tring to get a hang of this macro setting on my camera.
IMG_074311.jpg

Purple max appears to be beginning to take effect on the edges of the leaves
IMG_07449.jpg

IMG_07479.jpg

IMG_07504.jpg

IMG_07486.jpg

IMG_07516.jpg

I Think i dig not LSTing my lants with a short veg time. I am going to be curious how the buds develop. Each plant has a very dominant main cola and the rest of the nugs are all seemingly at the same level on the plant. Right in the canopy.
IMG_07536.jpg

IMG_07528.jpg

IMG_07555.jpg

IMG_07548.jpg

IMG_07464.jpg

Lights come on in half hour. WHoop!! Cant wait to check on my clones.
Like i said ive been having problems with them as of yet. But Ive changed a couple of things with the new batch of clones and this ez cloner. Ive lowered the PH. Ive added a humidity dome. Ive added 10ml of thrive alive to the resi and will continue to add more or take away to see what works best. Also foliar spraying frequently. 5+ times a night. PLain water into the dome to raise RH%

Thanks!

Well Things are really starting to pick up fast in here.
The cloner is finally doing it duty. The older batch in there still wilted and yellowed slightly. But far less than the very first group, and has started to root. Right on schedule. 6 days. Adding thrive alive was definitely the way to go. As well as a humidity dome and spraying 4 to 5 times a day. I am going to keep playing with the levels added of thrive alive to find that perfect mix though..
The New to be mommas are going to be ready for transplant here soon into their final homes of 3 gallon buckets. And due to the height restrictions of our garden. I have no idea how we are going to flower the moms once were finished with them. Might make a very nice gift to a friend :)
The two groups in flower are really picking up. The younger of the two are starting to show the first signs of flower. Which brings up a depressing fact. One of the purple haze i believe to be a male! Even though they were female seeds. It is very stretchy, lanky, spindly, any other words you want to describe it. And having balls is another one. g-13 labs. Not too impressed with your seeds thus far.. but its ok. the rest of the purple haze are looking alright..
AS far as the older ladies. I fed them last night with their second dose of purple maxx. 4tsp for 5gal with nothing else added. A couple of the plants are starting to get a shimmer to them as well like they want to begin kickin out trichomes! The 21 day trim that dirtinmyears was talking about in his journal is coming soon as well. I need to get some of those bigger fan leaves out of there... The t5'2 with side lighting are really keeping these plants bushy. I am very very pleased.
anyway it was a quick update. here are some pics. been lonely in here though!

Blackberry plant day 7 flower
IMG_07666.jpg

IMG_077114.jpg

IMG_07679.jpg

IMG_077010.jpg

IMG_07688.jpg

IMG_076910.jpg

IMG_07728.jpg

My apology for the late arrival farnorth. I have to begin by complimenting you on what has to be one of the most creative and sensible prosecutions of already existing space. :bravo:
A bomb shelter? How could you possibly ask for anything more cool. You command +reps Sir.

I just read through and am wholly impressed by your design, implementation and success. If you hadn't visited my grow I may not have found this indoor bud safari. I'll be tuned in right through to your first bale.

Really fine work here farnorth!

And what the hell... Who would've ever wanted to bomb the far north anyhow?! Sounds like the paranoia preceded the pot in this instance! :laughtwo:

Hey WeednFeed!
Really glad you could stop in! And thank you so much for the kind words. and the reps! I really do appreciate it...
As far as using the space that i already had. I wanted to do another grow obviously. But i really wanted to try and make the space productive as possible opposed to simply trying to just get the most weight possible.
I attempted to take every coarse of action to combat any possible issues i might have with the design.
7'x7'x6.5' is not a huge room by any means. Its large, but not large enough to make multiple rooms and have a continual harvest. So I decided to try to use shelving to double my potential plant space.
However by using shelves with only 3' of vertical space would be impossible to use HID lighting. So instead i went with HOt5.
That brings up the next problem. HOt5 are great great lights. Effecient. Cool. and they really do put out alot of light for the cost and design. But the issue is the simple power and intensity is definitely lacking. So I added side lighting. 40k worth of lumens to the both sides. And will keep adding as i fill up the top shelf. Another way for me to combat this problem is to grow sog style with lots of small plants. The Current plants in flower are much larger than they will be throughout the rest of my grow.
If you read back a couple of pages I layed out the whole plan of how this will work. but here it is again anyway. For what will make, or what i hope will make an exremely roductive grow room.
8 mothers, taking 10 clones per week.
veg time will be 14 days, so 20plants total at any given point in the veg room.
Then 10 plants a week. Hoping to raise my yield to 1/2oz per plant. For a total of 5oz a week. and 20oz a month.
SHould be fucking awesome. :tokin:

You're going to need a bomb shelter for all that BOMB ass green your raising in there! :thumb:

You know I was thinking about your grow yesterday. I'm getting ready to go back to work (lets just say Imports and Exports) and have been trying to reconnect with some old clients and see what they're up to. Well one of the guys works for a lighting company and sent me some info on something I thought may be right up your alley.

You may have seen or heard of these already but they are LED grow light bulbs that plug into T5 fixtures. Basically it looks like and it's the same size (length and diameter) as a T5 but has one row of ~40 LEDs in a straight line along the length of the bulb.

I can't say too much about this yet but will get you some info if you want. They look really cool and you can get up to 7 different colors/spectrums on one bulb like Red, Blue, White, UV and IR. I still need to find out the other 2 colors, sorry :)

Sorry for taking up so much room on this page :Namaste:

Keep up the great work!

Hey WeednFeed!
Really glad you could stop in! And thank you so much for the kind words. and the reps! I really do appreciate it...
As far as using the space that i already had. I wanted to do another grow obviously. But i really wanted to try and make the space productive as possible opposed to simply trying to just get the most weight possible.
I attempted to take every coarse of action to combat any possible issues i might have with the design.
7'x7'x6.5' is not a huge room by any means. Its large, but not large enough to make multiple rooms and have a continual harvest. So I decided to try to use shelving to double my potential plant space.
However by using shelves with only 3' of vertical space would be impossible to use HID lighting. So instead i went with HOt5.
That brings up the next problem. HOt5 are great great lights. Effecient. Cool. and they really do put out alot of light for the cost and design. But the issue is the simple power and intensity is definitely lacking. So I added side lighting. 40k worth of lumens to the both sides. And will keep adding as i fill up the top shelf. Another way for me to combat this problem is to grow sog style with lots of small plants. The Current plants in flower are much larger than they will be throughout the rest of my grow.
If you read back a couple of pages I layed out the whole plan of how this will work. but here it is again anyway. For what will make, or what i hope will make an exremely roductive grow room.
8 mothers, taking 10 clones per week.
veg time will be 14 days, so 20plants total at any given point in the veg room.
Then 10 plants a week. Hoping to raise my yield to 1/2oz per plant. For a total of 5oz a week. and 20oz a month.
SHould be fucking awesome. :tokin:

Should be fucking awesome? IS be fucking awesome!

If nuclear winter ever arrives, your grow will be the keeper of the keys...
or pounds for the non-metrically inclined. :laughtwo:

Thanks for going back and restating your goal, but actually I read every word as you keep such an informative and cordial journal.

Your space plan is really well executed. It's apparent you did a lot of homework.

I've got 2 plants under 2 feet worth of HOT5's and I'm stunned by how well they've done. Been sampling them minimally in their later lives and am still in a state of mild shock over the quality. Those will be plucked shortly. Far greater success is only a matter of time for you my friend.

So what's tonight's movie in the theater of green, and will it be in THX or THC?

Back
Top Bottom