Bomb Shelter HO-T5 and LED Perpetual Harvest Shelf Grow

Glad it helped:thumb: You still will need to vent the hot A/C exhaust out of your grow area But I just found a way to route it out through the exhaust side of my air-cooled fan system with a splitter for my ventilation. So I could just hook up the A/C exhaust to the exit side of my air-cooled reflector and exhaust it through the same area as all the other heated air. Im sure theres a lot of good solutions to that but thats what I did.:peacetwo:

thanks alot sir. +reps for that one. I just started looking.

SO after posting about the heat issue. To short term fix the problem until i get either more ventilation or an A/C unit, i just turned off my side lighting. Which has dropped the temp down to 75F. My thinking, is simply that with the light so low, and lighting on ALL sides, there was no real way to fit a fan under the light to remove the hot air. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to keep side lighting until the flowering stages of the plants when the light is higher above the canopy to fit a fan underneath if that makes sense.
Good news is ALL the heat stress, (canoeing and curling of the leaf edges) have completely left.

thanks alot sir. +reps for that one. I just started looking.

SO after posting about the heat issue. To short term fix the problem until i get either more ventilation or an A/C unit, i just turned off my side lighting. Which has dropped the temp down to 75F. My thinking, is simply that with the light so low, and lighting on ALL sides, there was no real way to fit a fan under the light to remove the hot air. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to keep side lighting until the flowering stages of the plants when the light is higher above the canopy to fit a fan underneath if that makes sense.
Good news is ALL the heat stress, (canoeing and curling of the leaf edges) have completely left.

Glad to hear you got the temps down. Even if it wasn't the exact way you wanted, It was a zero cost solution. In fact not running the sides will save you some more money (I'm a half-full kinda guy :)). I had a similar problem and in the end, me doing less and throwing less at my girls saved their little green butts. Now you can focus on a permanent solution, and you'll have the lights ready when you do.

:Namaste:

Well a small 4 legged creature seems to have thought my computer charger would be fun to chew through. So this will be short as my computer is almost dead. GOOOOOOD NEWS :thumb: the bagseeds have started showing preflowers. I can say that there are at LEAST 5 confirmed females showing pistils! and one male.. well 99% as of tnight its a male. but so far. i LOVE these odds!! whoo whoop.

:surf: Hey everyone! Welcome back for another episode in the bomb shelter!!
Well, i havnt really had much time to post a real update, so i promise one is coming soon. For now here is a brief rundown with a couple pics of whats been going on down there...

Were still runnin behind on adding more equipment that were going to need sooner or later.. But have been making a list, and some rapid expansion will happen within the next week or so for sure...

Lets start with the seedlings.
We are on day 9 from putting them into the ground. Minus the two purple haze which are on day 3 and day 4.. But they are all doing extremely healthy and booming with life. A couple of twisted leaves which i think is due to a slight ph problem. So i will need to be sure to keep an eye on that..
But here is where most of them are sitting..
Whiteberry 4
IMG_063410.jpg

Blackberry 1
Sorry for it being out of focus
IMG_063511.jpg

Anyway, nothing bad, or exceptional is really happening with them. They are just doing their thang yadadada?:tokin:

Bagseed squad
There is a little more excitement happening with these ladies and gentlemen..
We are at day 24 from putting them in soil and they are finally showing signs of sex! Which is great. Because now I can select a couple of mothers from the group, and push the rest on to flower. Ideally I would have liked to take clones from each female plant to double the count at least, as Im going to be trimming up lightly, So figured may as well get some clnes out of the deal. But i think they are just a little too small still to really make it worth it. So on to flower they will go at day 30. In ONE week
I'm thinking of selecting 4 mothers of the batch.
But at 5-7 inches now. I might be pushing my height restriction.. I was thinking about doing some heavy LST, but i think instead im going to go for compact, dense little bushes. Maybe little tying later on in flower. But i think im going to just let them do their thing, with a little bit of trimming to the lower half.. But I do have the side lighting on there for a reason.

Does anyone who has grown with Flouros, esp HOT5 know much about stretch with these lights?

Anyway here are some pics.
IMG_06385.jpg

IMG_06395.jpg

Bushy ladies eh?
IMG_06408.jpg

IMG_06377.jpg

Anyway. I hope to get on making more buckets, and improving the room before too much longer so I can have some real updates for everyone!!

:surf: Hey everyone! Welcome back for another episode in the bomb shelter!!
Well, i havnt really had much time to post a real update, so i promise one is coming soon. For now here is a brief rundown with a couple pics of whats been going on down there...

Were still runnin behind on adding more equipment that were going to need sooner or later.. But have been making a list, and some rapid expansion will happen within the next week or so for sure...

Lets start with the seedlings.
We are on day 9 from putting them into the ground. Minus the two purple haze which are on day 3 and day 4.. But they are all doing extremely healthy and booming with life. A couple of twisted leaves which i think is due to a slight ph problem. So i will need to be sure to keep an eye on that..
But here is where most of them are sitting..
Whiteberry 4
IMG_063410.jpg

Blackberry 1
Sorry for it being out of focus
IMG_063511.jpg

Anyway, nothing bad, or exceptional is really happening with them. They are just doing their thang yadadada?:tokin:

Bagseed squad
There is a little more excitement happening with these ladies and gentlemen..
We are at day 24 from putting them in soil and they are finally showing signs of sex! Which is great. Because now I can select a couple of mothers from the group, and push the rest on to flower. Ideally I would have liked to take clones from each female plant to double the count at least, as Im going to be trimming up lightly, So figured may as well get some clnes out of the deal. But i think they are just a little too small still to really make it worth it. So on to flower they will go at day 30. In ONE week
I'm thinking of selecting 4 mothers of the batch.
But at 5-7 inches now. I might be pushing my height restriction.. I was thinking about doing some heavy LST, but i think instead im going to go for compact, dense little bushes. Maybe little tying later on in flower. But i think im going to just let them do their thing, with a little bit of trimming to the lower half.. But I do have the side lighting on there for a reason.

Does anyone who has grown with Flouros, esp HOT5 know much about stretch with these lights?

Anyway here are some pics.
IMG_06385.jpg

IMG_06395.jpg

Bushy ladies eh?
IMG_06408.jpg

IMG_06377.jpg

Anyway. I hope to get on making more buckets, and improving the room before too much longer so I can have some real updates for everyone!!

It's amazing what "signs of sex" turn into. Buds that grow!! I'm still new and am still awed at how these plants grow. Great work buddy..everything is looking VERY healthy!!

:Namaste:

Hey everyone! just got done working in the garden for a while and going to have a decent size update coming in maybe 30 minutes!!!!

Giantsfan Thanks sir!! Im loving it. This is where it really starts to get fun. And the fact that there are more little ones just waiting chuggin right along trying to catch up it will definitely keep me busy.. And thank you! Im really pleased with how these t5's are keeping the ladies going...

Dirtinmyears Thanks! I always love having that many girls around!! Everything is going great by the way! Knock on wood... but im not having any problems so to speak besides the heat issue which will work itsself out once i get some time to set up the new ventilation... Ive been working both my real jobs every day, so ive had to squeeze little sessions into the garden where i can..
But no havnt really gotten any more gear set up... just waiting for more funds to come in. But we'll get there.. I have quite the shopping list, so we'll see what comes first..
Ez cloner, c02. more lights. more watering buckets. more soil. more pots. more fans. etc etc. UH OH. what did i get myself into with the bomb shelter!!!

Mccrackin Hell yeah! the best kind of peep show. i dont even have to stack any dollars for her to lift up her skirt!

anyway update coming tonight!

Hey everyone!!! Well today is day 26 for the bagseed and day 12 for the seedlings and things are going GREAT!

Ive been keeping only one of the side lighting on for the past coupld days to keep the temps down under 80F, but once the new ventilation gets worked in then they both will go on..
I also began feeding with nutes. I gave them a 1/4 strength Buddah Grow and 1/4 huvega. And they are LOVING it. Also ive began foliar feeding with Ancient Amber. The roots organics foliar feed line..
I am going to put the girls into flower on monday, giving them 29 days of veg.. And so far most of them have shown signs of sex. there are 9 confirmed females 3 confirmed males and 8 that havnt truly shown yet but definitely look female definitely decent odds i think...

also spent a couple hours tnight trimming the ladies up getting ready for flower. Going for a lolipop type sog with this room, and with the bagseed, im going to take clones from every female.. With the way they are growing, its looking like im going to be able to take at least 4 per plant and still keep my composure. :) that would be killer! As eventually, i want to only veg for 2 weeks instead of 1 month..
With vegging for a month, I definitely get the nice plant size, but i lose room due to pot size. Im going to have to up these ladies from 1 gallon to 2 gallon before flowering definitely. So this will be the last time they veg for a month..
anyway here are the pics.

Trimmings
IMG_06477.jpg

IMG_06529.jpg

IMG_06514.jpg

IMG_06487.jpg

IMG_06545.jpg

IMG_06567.jpg

IMG_06534.jpg

IMG_06606.jpg

IMG_06586.jpg

IMG_06577.jpg

IMG_06458.jpg

Anyway! thanks for taking a look everyone!

Anomoly! Thanks man! Its relatively even, the angle helps a little bit though. I just placed them in order from shortest to tallest, so i could angle my light to get as close to each top as possible..

Dime Thanks brother! I just cant wait for more plants to come to really get it nice and filled in!

Mccrackin Hell yeah, things are about to explode!

Sorry for be lazy with the updates. Between working two fulltime real jobs, and dealing with this I really dont have much time to update, read everyones journals, and browse the news and pictures. Hopefully later in the summer, once thigns get rollin a little more heavy, I will have some more time on my hands around the house! :reading420magazine:
But for now, ill do my best...
Well, like i said i have been extremely busy. And even more so in the garden...
I made another watering bucket. THis one will be used for veg growth and very small amounts of veg ferts. Now up to 10gal, and going to make 4 more by next weekend.
Also made the veg room on the lower half. There i will store the cloner, the moms, and all the vegging plants. Its vented through a passive intake, and exhausted with a 250cfm duct boost fan from lowes for $27..
I found a DIY tutorial on how to make an ezcloner, so i figured id give that a shot.. So $100 dollars later, i had a 35 site cloner... Problem was, the tote i bought just didnt have that great of a seal... So as a quick fix, For this first round, I swapped the gear over and made an 18 site cloner out of a heavier duty, smaller tote that i had around the house.. Seeming to work good, but there is a slight drip still. So ill just have to deal for the next week or so until this batch is rooted and buy a better, larger tote.
Anyway, im using 16 aeroponic misters, with 18 sites. A 350gph pump, with the basic rectangle sprayer shape. Im sorry and completely spaced to take pictures, but if anyone wants to know about the tutorial i found, ill post a link.
SO with that being said with that being said. I have taken my first batch of clones using a DIY cloner. I hope it works! I am foliar feeding with thrive alive b1. The organic version of superthrive. And The organic version of clonex.
I took 18 Clones, and selected 3 mothers. Not all of the clones are from the mothers however. I wanted to get as many as i could from the other plants before sending them to flower. So i took at least 2 from several of the ladies in the main garden. I hope this works!!!!!!:party:
Also, today is DAY 1 OF FLOWERSo it is official. Starting today, I will be on a 2 week schedule, and hopefully within a month, move to a 1 week schedule.
Every week, i will try and harvest 10 small sog style plants, moving the next 10 forward to the next spot in the garden, while taking 10 new clones from the moms. (there will be more than 3. 6-8 total.) and sending 10 vegging plants into flower. Things are about to heat up!!

So far I have cut out 2 100% males, with a couple mroe i have my eye on.. But there are 11 that are 100% female with 4 more still waiting to show . Of the 20 bagseed. 15 are most likey females. I ike those odds.

PICS

Workroom
IMG_06615.jpg

Desk
IMG_06626.jpg

Lookin in to the garden
IMG_06639.jpg

How many tops do you see?
IMG_066611.jpg

the new cloner sittin in the tub of the first one.
IMG_066710.jpg

IMG_066810.jpg

day 16 for these ladies
IMG_06718.jpg

mamas!!!
IMG_06704.jpg

veg room
IMG_06696.jpg

flower room
IMG_06648.jpg

the neighborhood
IMG_06727.jpg