Botanicare nuts and Promix HP: when should I start feeding?

Yeah day 10 with a low dose would be perfect. Also, you should water with molasses mixed in soon so when the sugar finally breaks down it also gets its first set of nutes. 1 tbsp. of unsulphered molasses per gallon of water. Mix into a gallon of hot water so it mixes better and then let cool to room temp over night and then water accordingly. Sweetens up the smoke for one and it has many benefits for plant growth.

Yeah day 10 with a low dose would be perfect. Also, you should water with molasses mixed in soon so when the sugar finally breaks down it also gets its first set of nutes. 1 tbsp. of unsulphered molasses per gallon of water. Mix into a gallon of hot water so it mixes better and then let cool to room temp over night and then water accordingly. Sweetens up the smoke for one and it has many benefits for plant growth.
Thanks again Mellow!
I will be picking up some molasses today! Should I use molasses with every watering and feeding moving forward? Will it mix with my nuts well?
Thanks again!

Be sure to start out with light nutes... half strength... and then build up as you see that your plants can take it. Keep your pH adjusted around 5.8 and you should be on your way to a great harvest in a few months! Good luck... we are here if you get in trouble!

Be well,
Sense Emilya

Thanks Emilya! I've read several of Your posts on watering and they have been extremely helpful! I will be sure to start gently with the nutrients.

I am going to follow the Botanicare feeding schedule listed in the faq section of the forums. I think the faq schedules are already reduced by half so I will start with the doses listed.

Here is what I will be following:
Week 1: 7ml PBP Grow + 5ml Liquid Karma
Week 2: 15ml PBP Grow + 6ml Cal Mag Plus + 10ml Liquid Karma
Week 3 &4: 25ml PBP Grow + 7ml Cal Mag Plus + 10ml Liquid Karma
Week before 12/12: 15ml PBP Grow + 15ml PBP Flower (soil formula) + 7ml Cal Mag + 10ml Liquid Karma
Week 1 of 12/12 : 25ml PBP Bloom + 7ml Cal Mag Plus + 10ml Liquid Karma
Week 2&3: 30ml PBP Bloom + 7ml Cal Mag Plus + 10ml Karma
Week 4: 20ml PBP Bloom + 10mg PBP Grow + 7ml Cal Mag Plus + 10ml Karma
Week 5 &6: 30ml PBP Bloom + 7ml Cal Mag Plus + 10ml Karma
Week before flush: 15 ml PBP Bloom + 6ml Cal Mag Plus + 6ml Karma

The manufacturer feed schedules all start at 15ml doses so I think these numbers look good...

I will always be sure listen to my plants and try to identify what they are saying to me during the process!
Thanks again Emilya! I really appreciate you taking the time to help out a newbie like me! As a first timer, I am full of questions!

Here is the progression of my plant ... The seed went in 5 days ago.
image34817.jpg

image34831.jpg

image34854.jpg

Does the last photo (taken today) appear as though the seedling is stretching? I have my 150 watt HPS, 12" above the plant. It is a "warm" bulb ideal for flowering and is all I have....I was informed that the plant should still veg fine. (Temps on the plant are 71 f). The stalk seems quite long relative to its girth. (I have a couple fans in the tent and the seedling is moving slightly as a result.

It looks fine to me... there is a bit of stretching at first as the plant sends its long tap root down to find the bottom of your container. Your bright light a foot away is probably just fine, and she won't see a need to stretch much more than this. She looks very healthy and has already unfurled the first fan leaves and is already working on the second node. Just make sure to let this container totally dry out between waterings... not just the top 2", and she will really start working some magic for you!

Good luck!

Sense Emilya

Thanks again Mellow!
I will be picking up some molasses today! Should I use molasses with every watering and feeding moving forward? Will it mix with my nuts well?
Thanks again!

No you should water with molasses once every 2 weeks or so. It takes about that time for the sugar to be broken down. Not sure how it would respond with the cal mag though. I usually mix nutes separate from molasses to optimize on my nutes, that stuff isn't cheap.

It looks fine to me... there is a bit of stretching at first as the plant sends its long tap root down to find the bottom of your container. Your bright light a foot away is probably just fine, and she won't see a need to stretch much more than this. She looks very healthy and has already unfurled the first fan leaves and is already working on the second node. Just make sure to let this container totally dry out between waterings... not just the top 2", and she will really start working some magic for you!

Sense Emilya

Thanks again Emilya! I have taken your advice with my first and second watering. Watered to run off first time and then waited for 3 days. The pot was very light at this stage and I used a "moist / wet" probe to check the bottom. At the very bottom of the pot, the meter was on the very line dividing moist and wet. At this point I watered again until runoff. (About an ounce)

I watered at 6 ph first time and 5.8 second.

The runoff on the second watering came off at 5.5, so I will try watering at a higher PH next time. (6.2?)

Thanks to you both Mellow and Emilya!

You did great in determining when to water, I am very proud of you!
Promix recommends 5.9-6.0 every time. Pay no attention to runoff pH... it means nothing and has no relation to the actual medium's pH inside of that container. 5.9-6.0 every time... stop overthinking it.

Sense

Thanks for that info! It really simplifies my life!
I am wondering if my light could be too close for a seedling... (It is now at 8")
I am using a temperature gun to measure heat at the leaves an it is still quite good. (73f)
Can you give too much light with my lamp? (150 w HPS). I known that the light penetration of a 150 isn't great so I was just going to use temperature and rate of growth to set my lamp distance. (Making sure it doesn't have a growth spurt and burn itself on the lamp!)

Here she is this morning!
image34872.jpg

Thanks for reading an for everyone's help!

Thanks for that info! It really simplifies my life!
I am wondering if my light could be too close for a seedling... (It is now at 8")
I am using a temperature gun to measure heat at the leaves an it is still quite good. (73f)
Can you give too much light with my lamp? (150 w HPS). I known that the light penetration of a 150 isn't great so I was just going to use temperature and rate of growth to set my lamp distance. (Making sure it doesn't have a growth spurt and burn itself on the lamp!)

just put your hand in there at the canopy level... if the light feels hot to you, it does to the plants too. 73 seems good to me... and I doubt that your 150w HPS could ever be considered too much light... as a comparison, last night at about a foot from my tallest tops, running of course in an air cooled hood to take the heat away, I applied 1260w of MH and HPS light to my plants... guessing about 200,000 lumens. Everyone is doing fine.

Thanks Emilya! I've read several of Your posts on watering and they have been extremely helpful! I will be sure to start gently with the nutrients.

I am going to follow the Botanicare feeding schedule listed in the faq section of the forums. I think the faq schedules are already reduced by half so I will start with the doses listed.

Week before 12/12: 15ml PBP Grow + 15ml PBP Flower (soil formula) + 7ml Cal Mag + 10ml Liquid Karma

The manufacturer feed schedules all start at 15ml doses so I think these numbers look good...

I will always be sure listen to my plants and try to identify what they are saying to me during the process!
Thanks again Emilya! I really appreciate you taking the time to help out a newbie like me! As a first timer, I am full of questions!

I just finishing first grow following this schedule. Amazing! Simple and plants are very healthy and vibrant throughout grow. Buds are hard as a rock and I’m very excited by this new regimen.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom