Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

Hey buckshot317 I think I got it but will like ur opinion u know better than me about this about to order

20-vero 35k
2-hog-320h-c700b
Will dat setup work good my space to cover is 4'x11' going to do 1/2 now n later on wen I get the rest of the money get the same as the first 1/2.

That drive current is kind of low on the vero, probably need to bump up to at least 1400ma with vero. Haven't seen any veros driven that low. I think the cxb's do better at lower currents. Might want to look at the hlg-480h-c1400b drivers, can run 8 or 9 chips off them. Can't remember the forward voltage exactly without looking them up. 2 of the 480's will run $100 more than the 2 320's($149 vs. $99)

Ya. I checked it out before I cheepd out on mine. Lol. Mine has half the features of yours. Micromoles and data logging only. I have to use the "snapshot" feature then plug it in via USB to do plotting averages.
Yours will do some crazy stuff like live data logging on a mobile platform that spits out a graph and data. Runs on a giant 4 axis rail and will measure the PPFD over a whole area automatically.
Hardcore!
Cree cxb3590 @1050ma PAR measurements - YouTube

I see you're a fan of my friend growmau5! :)

Found a great surprise, mites are back. I drowned them in neem oil, something's going to die, plants or mites.

Bayer Suspend. Spray entire house. Especially if you have pets. It's listed for hospitals, grain silos, restaurants, and food storage. No smell, no stain (I have a lot of bare wood in the house).

That drive current is kind of low on the vero, probably need to bump up to at least 1400ma with vero. Haven't seen any veros driven that low. I think the cxb's do better at lower currents. Might want to look at the hlg-480h-c1400b drivers, can run 8 or 9 chips off them. Can't remember the forward voltage exactly without looking them up. 2 of the 480's will run $100 more than the 2 320's($149 vs. $99)

So can I run 5 panels of 8-vero 35k 90cri on 5 hlg-480h-c1400b

Here's few pics of day 21 of flower
420-magazine-mobile2127931730.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1023294100.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2086602022.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1461551056.jpg
420-magazine-mobile425382455.jpg

I gotta give a heavy spraying again to kill the mites, the only ones I've seen alive today is on the unknown auto. It's not ready but I'm thinking pulling it, and washing it, make bubble hash out of it. After I thought I wiped them out, they came back. They are blackish color, they look scary under microscope. I have some deadly pesticide i just got done spraying the room, the house, and outside. It even kills mice and rats, been banned for 25 years.

Man, I'd love to get a COB setup like that but I don't know if I can have success with a DIY project like that. I probably could but I don't know if I want to. lol

Hopefully you can get those mites in check! Did you ask Doc for a suggestion? I think he's dealt with it.

This grow I'm using AN nutes. I got about a week until my soil is ready to start 1st doc's kit grow. I've been spraying organic safer 3-1 spray. Doc hooked me up with the kit in quarts, with his leaf wash and way ahead. If I can get thru this grow I'll be good. Going to do away with the tent and just grow 4 plants in 13 gal pots. I like the tents, but I always try to cram to much in there. It's hard to really check the ones in the back.

You could build some cobs real easy. It depends on how much space your covering. Just do a few, and can add on as you go real easy. Timber makes some nice kits.

I have some good seeds about to start, shiggs got me hooked up with cherry vanilla cookies, huck kush, and sour strawberry. After talking with nis I got some kosher kush also.

Glad you stopped by, hope you like old Milwaukee room temp. That's one hell of a nice blue dream you got going, real healthy green. Can't wait to get going with doc's kit, all of you guys are killing it . Haven't seen a bad plant, seems simple to use after you get in a routine.

Hell yeah I'll chug me some room temp Old Milwaukee...I ain't scared!

Yeah I have a super small tent and I'm sick of it already. It basically holds one plant. That's not gonna work. Can't do jack in there. Oh well it was good for a first grow and learning experience.

There are so many things I wanna do. I definitely want to look into the LED's but that is a big project and will require a lot of research. If I launch into stuff like that I want to do it top notch and do it night...not half ass. Not that I'm afraid it's just that with this first grow all my attention is just focused on the plant and keeping it on track. I really also wanted to do a SCROG with the BD but nixed it at the end. Just want to keep it simple this run. Once I get the process of growing a plant down, then I can start messing with other stuff and focusing effort on stuff like building new COB LED's. To answer your question, my next step will be a new 4 x 4 tent for flower. That will give me everything I need for personal, so I'll need a COB DIY system large enough for that footprint.

I love every one of those strains and can't wait to watch you grow them. I'm a huge Dynasty fan and have several packs including Huck Kush and Salmon River. My prob is back to the single tent with room for 1 plant. I had to run a fem plant to ensure I'd have success. I want to run them bad so I'm probably going to veg a bunch and pay to sex them early.

Back
Top Bottom