Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

Few months ago when I started looking at cobs, everyone recommended 36v cobs. But if I had to do over, probably would have went with B or C series and drive them at least 1400ma, but 2100 would be best fit. Especially if you have enough height. I'm very happy with my d series, plants love it. I'm getting good stretch, and it's 100% easier to see problems.

I'm happy those veros are working great for ya bob. Last year was all about Cree, this year it's vero. If your building a big array, vero is way to go. I've heard great things about the citizen chips also. Cree kind of hurt themselves some with their pricing.

My electric is weird, for years it never went out. But past couple years,every big storm it goes out. I have a disabled uncle that stays with us, he's on oxygen. When I had opportunity to get a big generator I jumped all over it. Just wish it could get my internet back up lol, but I do still have cell service. There's no way I could've afford to buy new, just cost me a weeks labor and few dollars to get it moved.

I just ran 2 BIG plants under 3 VERO 29s B type in a line array.... just trimmed one and it weighed 140g dry weight - thats the best I've done for a while ... The other plant in still going and will likely be 160-180g dried. Was soo sticky it was ridiculous.... talking I could throw a bud at the wall it would stick sticky.

I Only could put one lamp (3 COBs) due to already having plants in flower. Can't or not a good idea to change lighting 1/2 thru flower cycle so I only had room for I linear array the rest of the room was full of flowers.

2 COBs ... yeah might but you can get 3 COBs with a 2100mA driver and its only the extra cost of the 3rd COB so like +$35ish or so then you have something that for sure will work. I run 3 COBs for every 2 plants ... can fit a smaller plant in the middle that's just getting started ....

I ran some COBs in VEG and my VEG plants got pretty big. Cooked a few too!

Buck sorry to hear about your electric... I'm guessing you have a generator? If so I bet you're glad you have COBs now!!
Thanks this is the kinda info I need as I don't plan on being scarface or anything just wanna grow like 1 or 2 for personal. So with the B series I was under the impression that they would be to bright and have to either dim them down and or raise the light real high? Is that what you ran into or did you rock them wide open the whole way? How high did you keep the light from the canopy?

Gonna re arrange my frame in the next few weeks. It's still going to be 54 x 54 inches, but just one piece. Also will be taking a few cobs away and adding 6 90w 3 channel boards. Those will be wired so I can adjust each color individually(white,red,blue/uva). Not 100% pattern yet, but I'm thinking something like this half ass drawing.
420-magazine-mobile1244807205.jpg

This should be good for 5x5 area.

Hope everyone has good Memorial Day weekend .

Thanks this is the kinda info I need as I don't plan on being scarface or anything just wanna grow like 1 or 2 for personal. So with the B series I was under the impression that they would be to bright and have to either dim them down and or raise the light real high? Is that what you ran into or did you rock them wide open the whole way? How high did you keep the light from the canopy?

Wide open in flower about 15" from canopy. I did the same in VEG but it was too much for small plants so dialed down to 1/2 power and raised the 20ish" above plants. Definitely burned a few VEG plants but lesson learned.

I'm building a 4x4 table this weekend. So I won't have to hang it back up in the tent, but at that size I could still use tent to add co2 down the road.

Yea shiggs, that thing should be bright. I thought about making 4x6 table, but still same sq ft. I figured my problem, I gotta have something to work on, that's why the change, costly habit lol

I have 2 of the 4ft kits your using, but far red (730nm). Going to try to put that in the frame too. Thought about just building new frame, but that's $200 bucks that could get 2 more packs of seeds, lol. Cutter has some nice products at good prices too. Those xpg's are sweet. That's only reason I got the chil boards, kind of expensive but everything is in one package. Simpler to wire and install. I'm going to get few of sun boards later this year if I get my little veg room built, or I could save $ and just use my 5x5 tent for veg. That way I can just leave tent in grow room. That would be smartest move, save money. I'm glad I don't have any credit cards lol, they would be maxed on grow equipment.

Hey buckshot317 I think I got it but will like ur opinion u know better than me about this about to order

20-vero 35k
2-hog-320h-c700b
Will dat setup work good my space to cover is 4'x11' going to do 1/2 now n later on wen I get the rest of the money get the same as the first 1/2.

Back
Top Bottom