Breeding

I can last long if it's keep real dry in a cool environement.. Humidity will kill it. So not long in nature.. Their is a link on here anout making sts feminized seed with great info on how to store pollen.. (dry rice to dry the pollen and heated up and dryed up cornstarch to mix with pollen to preserve and help with propagation of pollen onto flowers more easily.. Look it up.. Sts feminized seed.. Pretty complete thread
You can always buy a bottle of coloidal silver atleast 50 ppm up to 500ppm and just make a clone and spray it everyday on the internode (budding areag has you put it into flowers and a few weeks later you'll have a female plant making male flowers with female pollen only... I'd try to avoid breeding with a plant that hermies on its own just to prevent a desaster... Like nit catching it hermie on you and have a bunch of shwagg weed with seeds in every bud... I've had a wind draft opening my door while i was hokding a flower to polinate a branch on a plant when i saw the cloud of that flower rising in the air.... I knew i fuck up and the whole plant would be fucked with seeds

Thanks for all the info. Ideally they will all be females. The small one is a Dos I Dos. Now I'm guessing by the herb itself that it was an indoor pro grow .The dispensary is all compliant and I'm in So Cal. Can a female get a few seeds without going full hermie? :yummy:

Thanks for all the info. Ideally they will all be females. The small one is a Dos I Dos. Now I'm guessing by the herb itself that it was an indoor pro grow .The dispensary is all compliant and I'm in So Cal. Can a female get a few seeds without going full hermie? :yummy:
Oops! Question answered in your last post.:lot-o-toke:

Dos si do dos has a tendebcy to hermi if i m correct understress. The seeds won't necdrcerly go hermi. But it could understress and its a trait that can be shift out.. Good luck.. Like most breeders woukd say if you've the seeds why not pop en and try you never know what will come kut of it.. Get a clone from it and stress it.. Y'll get a seed.. Dosen't mean the next ones won't be more resistant to stress. Only one way to find out and for personal use it najes not much diffrence..

Dos si do dos has a tendebcy to hermi if i m correct understress. The seeds won't necdrcerly go hermi. But it could understress and its a trait that can be shift out.. Good luck.. Like most breeders woukd say if you've the seeds why not pop en and try you never know what will come kut of it.. Get a clone from it and stress it.. Y'll get a seed.. Dosen't mean the next ones won't be more resistant to stress. Only one way to find out and for personal use it najes not much diffrence..
The bud was really nice. We'll see if they come out as good. Thanks. :yummy:

I ran across a situation that is similar to what you are asking about. I found a couple seeds on one plant a couple days ago. I have a male plant in a different tent in a different room. That is probably where the pollen came from. I have not seen visible pollen from it yet but it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

When I found the seeds I also checked everything for hermies. I didn't find anything at the time. After looking at one plant from a different angle I did finally find 3 male flowers on the whole plant. The were hidden under the leaves of the smaller buds low on the plant. Usually the first place you seen them. Most likely they came from stress of some kind. The buds do not have any flowers on them as of yet.

With all that said. I now don't know what those seeds will be. The options are. Regular hybrid of Cataract Kush x Super Silver Haze. Or Feminized Cataract Kush. The third option would be that it is a hermie. From the amount of pods on this plant that I don't think it is a full on hermie.

In this case I am going to trust these seeds. From everything I have seen so far. The pollen was not caused by a full hermie plant. I would call it around a 70/30 percent chance they will be fine. Most likely the pollen came from plants I like.

Back
Top Bottom