Bud rot! Harvest now or cut out bad colas and continue? Very close to harvest

SleepIsWrong

So, I've found one cola on one plant with bud rot. I've cut it out and I see no other evidence but I'd be surprised if none of the others have it. The plants are only days away from harvest. I have a few percentage amber trichomes - was planning to harvest next weekend. Should I just harvest now or let things go to completion? I did cut out the affected cola, but given the rot starts inside the buds and given how fast it spreads I'm not sure what to do. We had some very warm and humid weather the past week, but it has turned cool and dry and looks to be that way for most of this week. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Sleepy

That’s what I’d do too. As long as you keep a daily eye on the situation you won’t get surprised.

Do what you can to improve airflow and RH in the meantime.

I recently partially harvested a plant that lost a couple buds to mold. That opened it up and thinned it out and made it less vulnerable. I put it back in for another ten days and then chopped the remainder with no issues. No other plants were affected.

Thanks for the advice gentle people! So today I went over all of the remaining plants and so far see no other buds that are visibly affected. I cut out the bud that WAS affected and tossed it. Very sad as it was huge! I inspect the plants every day just after lights-on and usually again before lights out. Glad I do that as it looks like I may have caught it early. Most trichomes are cloudy right now and starting to get a few amber ones. It is a sativa-dominant strain; I like the head buzz, so I may be harvesting later this week. Again, thanks to both of you!

Sleepy

Back
Top Bottom