Bud rot. sux!

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
So I'm going through some recently acquired Blue Dream nugs, and I break into one and find some nasty looking brown areas toward the center of the nug -BUD ROT!! Have not come across this from dispensaries before...time to go through a little more of that batch of MMJ...I wonder how much more is "ruined".

Time for a little google searching to learn what causes this dreaded problem that has me tossing some rather expensive/nice looking (from the outside) buds...and a stern chat with the dispensary owner/bud tender.

:peace:

I agree brother! I had a few plants this fall begin to get wiped out so I cut them ALL down. I did not want to deal with it because it was outdoor. Is it on the vine, or in the jar? Are you getting bud rot in the jar? Did the bud have any signs of rot before you jarred it or during the cure?
Good Luck my friiend I feel your pain.

Sorry - no pix...I said something to the dispensary owner and he was shocked/pissed (more so than me)....told me to bring it back and he swapped out the entire oz...

Try doing a goggle search, and you'll find pix/info...

Probably budworms that made it past the visual inspection after harvest and trimming. Usually you can tell before the plant is even harvested, but sometimes they slip by and you don't find out the inside is rotten until you go to smoke it. Any sign of a small caterpillar inside? If not could have just not been properly dried before storage/transportation.

Surprising this would occur in MMJ from a club.

Back
Top Bottom