Bud Washing? Water Curing?

RookieJuana

Do any of you growers out there wash your buds? If so, why? Or why not? What about water curing? How does water curing compare to dry curing and why are the reasons you do or do not water cure?

Not to mention bird sh*t and bugs on a outside grow,I wash or more accurately swishing or swirling in a mix of lemon juice and bakeing soda and 5gal. Of water in a bucket u should see the water? I wouldn’t call it that after a good wash, rinse, and repeat if needed. Iol

I still will wash my buds indoor personally dust you can’t see I clean my fruits .

Just my personal preference.

I washed my first round but not my next two. This round will be washed. 3 buckets. 1 of water and hydrogen peroxide (or lemon juice), and two of plain rinse water.

Why? Hair, dust, bugs, and other contaminants. I check my plants daily and see quite a bit of crap on the plants. After a good wash there is quite a bit of stuff left in the buckets. Stuff I don’t have to smoke.

I have washed my indoor harvests in the past. I don't grow outside but if I did I would always wash my buds. My tents all have intake filters on them so they stay pretty clean. I don't bother to wash my indoor stuff anymore. If you keep your windows open or open your tent to deal with temps I would wash indoor harvests.

Don't water cure. It's the perfect way to ruin good smoke.

I started by always washing my buds, because I mainly started outside growing...I blamed the washing for removing the taste/aroma of the buds but am slowly coming to the conclusion my plants didn't grow to their full potential, so that is operator error ;) Regardless, I will always wash outdoor grows because my buckets look nasty after just one plant.

I started by always washing my buds, because I mainly started outside growing...I blamed the washing for removing the taste/aroma of the buds but am slowly coming to the conclusion my plants didn't grow to their full potential, so that is operator error ;) Regardless, I will always wash outdoor grows because my buckets look nasty after just one plant.
How do you do it bud washing

its evolved a bit for some. Sue stopped using lemon juice and baking soda. I use room temp water or slightly warmer in the first bucket. 5 gallons. With hydrogen peroxide (h2o2) dilution. second and third buckets are cool clean water.

couple of dips and a swirl around the bucket gently is how I do it. 30 seconds. There will be a few casualties as far as trichomes go but, worth it.

Back
Top Bottom