Cutting and Curing

Hi 420 Helpers

I am at the business end of my 3rd 420 grow, and I have learned so much when it comes to growing. I however don’t do well with curing. My bud seems to dry too quickly.

Are there anyway nice easy ways to cure that involve me not having to do a whole lot? The humidity in my flower room is between 45% and 55%. The dryness of my air in there makes it speed dry. Everything I’ve read in here says dry and cure slowly. My humidity outside the flower room is mould inducing high so I’m caught between too quickly dried bud and the danger of spoiling it with mould.

Do you have any tricks or tips you could share with me that don’t involve bodiva sachets?

Try raising the humidy of your flower room by putting pans of water with a fan blowing over them until you get the desired (60%) humidity. You can add pebbles or clay balls in the water and it will increase the amount of surface area for evaporation. And of course, try and keep the temp as low as you can.

When my rH is low like in 45-50% range I dry it less and get it into jars sooner. So maybe 3-4 days on the line then into jars and burp jars more often for the first week or so.

I then add Boveda 62% packs to the jars after about a month.

Hey Trala, welcome to 420.…. :cool: yeah couldn’t resist

I like low and slow fridge curing, set it and forget it. Well mostly…..

the thread was written by SweetSue (former member) who happens to be a friend of HashGirl, it’s a long thread but page 1 gives the parameters and the other posts include questions and comments of those who have tried it. Here’s link Dr Ziggys Low & Slow fridge cure <<<<<

Try raising the humidy of your flower room by putting pans of water with a fan blowing over them until you get the desired (60%) humidity. You can add pebbles or clay balls in the water and it will increase the amount of surface area for evaporation. And of course, try and keep the temp as low as you can.
Thank you for your repy.

Lowest temp I will get in there now will be approx 20 degrees.

I need the humidity low in there to help stop budrot and mould On my flowering plants.

When my rH is low like in 45-50% range I dry it less and get it into jars sooner. So maybe 3-4 days on the line then into jars and burp jars more often for the first week or so.

I then add Boveda 62% packs to the jars after about a month.
Thank you for your advice.

Will that be okay?

I have this terrible overdrying habit.

I really want to learn to cure without the Boveda if that’s possible.

Hey Trala, welcome to 420.…. :cool: yeah couldn’t resist

I like low and slow fridge curing, set it and forget it. Well mostly…..

the thread was written by SweetSue (former member) who happens to be a friend of HashGirl, it’s a long thread but page 1 gives the parameters and the other posts include questions and comments of those who have tried it. Here’s link Dr Ziggys Low & Slow fridge cure <<<<<
Hello :)

Will that be okay? Like put it in wet or dry on my line for a couple of days first?

Thank you 013

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

My bud seems to dry too quickly.
Before I went with the Low and Slow Fridge method that @013 mentions I put the trimmed buds, still on a decent sized stem/stick in brown paper grocery bags, folded the top over and set the bag on a shelf in the grow room for about 5 to 7 days.

Now-a-days I will do the Bud Wash first, let the buds sit on a screen with a fan blowing on low to gently push air over the buds allowing them to dry slowly. After about 24 hours I put the harvest in a brown paper bag which goes into the fridge where it will sit for about 2 to 3 weeks until it is as dry as I want it to be. Then it goes into the jars for the slow cure. It really works well.

Also, leave the buds on a piece of stem. The buds will slowly pull some moisture from the stem which helps keep the harvest from drying to fast. How thick and how long that piece of stem is helps control the speed of the drying.

Before I went with the Low and Slow Fridge method that @013 mentions I put the trimmed buds, still on a decent sized stem/stick in brown paper grocery bags, folded the top over and set the bag on a shelf in the grow room for about 5 to 7 days.

Now-a-days I will do the Bud Wash first, let the buds sit on a screen with a fan blowing on low to gently push air over the buds allowing them to dry slowly. After about 24 hours I put the harvest in a brown paper bag which goes into the fridge where it will sit for about 2 to 3 weeks until it is as dry as I want it to be. Then it goes into the jars for the slow cure. It really works well.

Also, leave the buds on a piece of stem. The buds will slowly pull some moisture from the stem which helps keep the harvest from drying to fast. How thick and how long that piece of stem is helps control the speed of the drying.
Omg thank you :)

That sounds perfect.

I wash too. My bud I mean. Like I obviously wash lolllingggg. I grow indoor/outdoor so they need a clean. I do a 4 bucket wash with lemon and bicarbonate.

What do you wash with?

In the case of 'bud washing' I use the 4 step method with hydrogen peroxide in the first bucket and then the lemon and bicarbonate in the second bucket. The last two buckets are the rinse cycle.
I use two lemon bicarbonate, first warm, second cold. Two water.

What ratios?

What ratios?
Something close to the amounts for a 5 gallon bucket as mentioned in the first thread on the subject. I have to adjust down a bit when I am just washing a small amount and will be using a 3 gallon bucket of water.

It is the lemon juice and the bicarbonate mixed together that really does the washing/cleaning. The two rinses help to clean out all the dirt and crud that the lemon & bicarbonate release from the buds.

Just tried this and it is super easy (not dissing any other method here)
Cut off large fan leaves
Dunk in room temp H2O2 solution and gently agitate/soak for 5 mins, I used 250ml @12% in 10L water
Rinse in room temp water
Hang over bath with extractor on and leave for 10-14 days, a gentle fan occasionally to kick it off if it's not drying
My bathroom stayed at about 20C/60%RH - no windows so totally dark, I even removed the light bulb lol
When it feels slightly crisp on the outside, do the final trim
Hang or box for another day or two, then it's ready for jars
I put in a piece of kitchen towel to absorb any excess moisture for the first few days, which can be changed daily if necessary, the damp it absorbs is barely discernible but just enough to know it's there
The bud stays sticky for a couple of weeks and the smell intensifies every time you burp the jar
Can be smoked about 4 weeks from harvest but obviously continues to improve with time

Something close to the amounts for a 5 gallon bucket as mentioned in the first thread on the subject. I have to adjust down a bit when I am just washing a small amount and will be using a 3 gallon bucket of water.

It is the lemon juice and the bicarbonate mixed together that really does the washing/cleaning. The two rinses help to clean out all the dirt and crud that the lemon & bicarbonate release from the buds.
Sorry I missed this.

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom