Bud Washing

Few puffs to energize then I'm washing these two autos....

20150728_214945.jpg

Bud wall, cleaned.

20150728_230731.jpg

:Namaste:

Getting ready to wash three, plus some scraps on the bone from last week's wash/harvest. Wanted to wait until morning, or heck even another week or so but too much out of my control. Got a THC bomb, Fast n Vast, Northern Lights,, and the scrap one is Candy Kush. First three are 67 days....

TTTIMBBBBBBERRR

20150806_203404.jpg

Man o man o man... This picture can't do any justice. I knew the THC bomb was going to be heavy. The Northern Lights,,, blew my mind. Wow.

Pre wash staging area,, I need a smoke break brah...whew

20150806_222900.jpg

I just chopped and washed two plants, both Pineapple Chunk. They are nothing to write home about. I got a lot of trim and small buds for some oil I am going to make so that's the good part. The first water had bunches of crud in it. I used my wire strainer to dip out the "stuff" I could see. I had to do both plants in the same water because I only had enough lemon juice for one fill. Anyway, pictures are worth a 1000 words...

0012493.JPG

0022439.JPG

0032339.JPG

0042193.JPG

0061831.JPG

0052063.JPG

Good harvest none the less, and your produce is now so fresh and so clean clean!

Your picture made me think a bit more on this. I am now thinking it might be a good idea to use small totes with air stones and another equally shaped basket or bread crate container to put the colas on and set them down into each phase of the wash, similar in nature to french fries being submerged into a deep fryer. It might be a year before I get another grow going to try this, but I know from experience that it takes a fair amount of added hours to wash a pound(ish) of colas. By pound(ish) I mean when the nugs are dried and the amount of colas it would take to produce that volume. I for one am still searching to put together a larger scale grow and to be tasked to wash a lot of produce on top of the other duties would make life difficult so I'm of course looking into ways to streamline this process if possible.

Any thoughts?

Hi Doc Bud :)

I was directed to you as I have just begun my first harvest and realized after hanging to dry some for a couple of days already, happened to pull out the loop to do some comparing of different strains and found spider mites on my drying buds. I had no idea this was going on as I have been meticulously maintaining them, but long story short, my plants got huge and a bit out of control so I couldn't get around in my room as good and be as meticulous as usual. Here is my situation, I have some hanging and drying already some 24 hours in, some as much as 36 hours into the drying stage. However, I still have plants in the flowering room that aren't ready to harvest for a few more days. We had some issues with our flowering lights and so my plants became almost too large by the time I got them into budding stage so now i'm dealing with 5-6 foot plants that are alive in their soil. Then I have the ones that are already drying. I have it in my mind to just take everything out, but I feel like moving anything is going to just spread the problem worse. Okay, I'm getting all over the board here.

let me just get to brass tacks. What would you do if you were me? I have three stages of plants and all of them seem to suddenly have spider mites. I'm not seeing any webbing or anything too dirty on the leaves, like bug poop, but I am seeing the spider mites. The ones on the drying buds are sparce, only a few. They seem to be congregating the most on the plants in the bud room. So I guess I am wondering if my drying stuff is a loss or is it still smokable with only a few mites on them? Second, shall I just throw these other suckers in a bathtub, try to spray them while they are still budding...? I am at a loss. I am new at this and this problem has just reared it's ugly head so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't know how to post a link to my own threads, but if you go under my name you should be able to see pics of everything. It all looks wonderful and I would probably cry if I had to get rid of any of it. So I'm hoping you have good news for me.

Second, if you do think I should wash them, I am so curious about this mixture. So the lemon juice, is this out of a bottle, or fresh squeezzed lemons? I am using a 100% organic approach so I'm the type that if you told me to squeeze fifty lemons to do it right, I will. The lemon doesn't burn the leaves or strip the oil? Anywho, I could ask a billion questions, so I'll wait for your reply and see what comes of it.
Thanks in advance. I hope I hear back from you!!!

I want to clarify though, I have five + feet tall living, budding, plants still in the flowering room. If I do anything now, before I cut it down, I can't imagine how I would dunk a plant that large, but I'm wondering if waiting the extra week that it probably needs in there will do harm. So just wanted you to take that into consideration before you answer. If I need to go in there and treat them now, or wait till I cut them down so I can dunk them?? Sorry to be so unsure of myself, but I am really unsure right now. Trying to buck up over here and get some confidence, I just need a push or two from someone more experienced than myself. Thanks again!!!

Hey Snack

I'd dilute the peroxide with 9 parts of pure water and then use that as your 3%.

Hi Doc Bud

I already just posted this a few pages over, but then realized I didn't reply directly to your post so I wanted to make sure you saw this with the couple thousand comments on here I thought you'd miss this if I didn't reply directly to one of your posts. So sorry for posting this question twice...

I was directed to you as I have just begun my first harvest and realized after hanging to dry some for a couple of days already, happened to pull out the loop to do some comparing of different strains and found spider mites on my drying buds. I had no idea this was going on as I have been meticulously maintaining them, but long story short, my plants got huge and a bit out of control so I couldn't get around in my room as good and be as meticulous as usual. Here is my situation, I have some hanging and drying already some 24 hours in, some as much as 36 hours into the drying stage. However, I still have plants in the flowering room that aren't ready to harvest for a few more days. We had some issues with our flowering lights and so my plants became almost too large by the time I got them into budding stage so now i'm dealing with 5-6 foot plants that are alive in their soil. Then I have the ones that are already drying. I have it in my mind to just take everything out, but I feel like moving anything is going to just spread the problem worse. Okay, I'm getting all over the board here.

let me just get to brass tacks. What would you do if you were me? I have three stages of plants and all of them seem to suddenly have spider mites. I'm not seeing any webbing or anything too dirty on the leaves, like bug poop, but I am seeing the spider mites. The ones on the drying buds are sparce, only a few. They seem to be congregating the most on the plants in the bud room. So I guess I am wondering if my drying stuff is a loss or is it still smokable with only a few mites on them? Second, shall I just throw these other suckers in a bathtub, try to spray them while they are still budding...? I am at a loss. I am new at this and this problem has just reared it's ugly head so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't know how to post a link to my own threads, but if you go under my name you should be able to see pics of everything. It all looks wonderful and I would probably cry if I had to get rid of any of it. So I'm hoping you have good news for me.

Second, if you do think I should wash them, I am so curious about this mixture. So the lemon juice, is this out of a bottle, or fresh squeezzed lemons? I am using a 100% organic approach so I'm the type that if you told me to squeeze fifty lemons to do it right, I will. The lemon doesn't burn the leaves or strip the oil? Anywho, I could ask a billion questions, so I'll wait for your reply and see what comes of it.
Thanks in advance. I hope I hear back from you!!!

I want to clarify though, I have five + feet tall living, budding, plants still in the flowering room. If I do anything now, before I cut it down, I can't imagine how I would dunk a plant that large, but I'm wondering if waiting the extra week that it probably needs in there will do harm. So just wanted you to take that into consideration before you answer. If I need to go in there and treat them now, or wait till I cut them down so I can dunk them?? Sorry to be so unsure of myself, but I am really unsure right now. Trying to buck up over here and get some confidence, I just need a push or two from someone more experienced than myself. Thanks again!!!

Hola Doc Bud, I've been lingering around this thread for the past week or two. I've decided that I probably will be giving your washing method a go. I was planning on sending a PM to ask if you have made any revisions to the method, or if you still follow it exactly. Then found out I need 50 posts to send one :cheesygrinsmiley:. I would love to hear if any tweaks have been made in your methodology since your initial post, no matter how small! Thank you sir.

Fwiw I just washed and followed the instructions loosely and it worked great.

first bucket mostly hot water from tap with a couple shots of lemon juice and a few handfuls of baking soda (I am the sworn enemy of proper measurements)

second 2 buckets room temp distilled/ro.

This dirty bucket#1 has been set aside to get swapped. This is from washing 2 plants (nasty! fuck your unwashed weed bro, i'm sorry...amiright?!)

IMG_20150813_131711_zpszsvmqycn.JPG

IMG_20150813_131641_zpsrs2dpdyv.JPG

IMG_20150813_131723_zps50akzgtr.JPG

IMG_20150813_131717_zpsc3ruhcij.JPG

That's the way we do it! - dunk 'em in there and swish 'em hard! :laughtwo: ... :thumb:

Freaks people right the fk out, heheh. :slide:

I used buckets for washing 1 pound producers and I estimate that I added 4 pain in the ass hours to the harvest process which for me was murderous on my spine. So much pain that I skipped the wash on my final plant which I also regretted. My advice is unless your washing a QP producer, search out the method that gets this process done in as little time as possible. With that said, the next grow I do and successive wash, I will be looking to use the large totes that another poster suggested on the previous page of this thread to wash the whole plant, or large portions at on time.

Back
Top Bottom