Bud Washing

Sorry to burst your bubble doc...but my crew and I have been bud washing well over 20 years. That's the only way in the Bayarea.

Cudos to you Baybreeder. Surprising though, because everyone I've brought this up with in the Bay Area and the Foothills looks at me like I'm nuts. Also, not one dispensary identifies any products as washed; which you'd think they would since so many other details are advertised.

Sorry to burst your bubble doc...but my crew and I have been bud washing well over 20 years. That's the only way in the Bayarea.

and Columbus discovered America!!

Oh no, I didn't invent it lol. An og grower showed me back in 1993. I work with a bunch of well known breeders from the bay. As a crew we all bud wash since the 90's.

On the hot water... I've noticed some oily residue and a sharp, dank smell when introducing bud to the hot water bucket before it has had time to cool down a bit. After reading Graytail's response, I will use warm water instead of hot water in the second bucket.

How do u water cure?

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

Trim bud. Get a large square container fill with distilled or reverse osmosis water. Put trimmed buds in water. Its better to weigh them down with something. Change water every day. Do that for at least 4 days. Hang dry in 75 degree room with fan. The longer you leave them in water the more flavor you lose.

Trim bud. Get a large square container fill with distilled or reverse osmosis water. Put trimmed buds in water. Its better to weigh them down with something. Change water every day. Do that for at least 4 days. Hang dry in 75 degree room with fan. The longer you leave them in water the more flavor you lose.
Can u do this after u wash the bud?

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

On the hot water... I've noticed some oily residue and a sharp, dank smell when introducing bud to the hot water bucket before it has had time to cool down a bit. After reading Graytail's response, I will use warm water instead of hot water in the second bucket.

there are terps that dissipate, disappear at around room temperatures..if you can smell it after the wash, there are terps being released.
-hot liquids dissolve more things than cooler.. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom