Bud Washing

Hi guys....i finally got over my sickness, it was pretty bad, I lost 20 pounds in a month, not good. So anyway I tried some of my washed bud after a 2 month cure and was amazed at how smooth it was. I will forever be a devotee of washed buds and urge everyone else to do the same. Thanks to all who helped me in this!:thumb::thanks:

I have 100 grams of trim, anyone have a recipe for weed tea or coffee?

I enjoy the "bulletproof" style of coffee with unsalted butter and coconut oil added (but I have mine with milk too - not black). I have been meaning to try some of my budder in there instead of the regular butter. Just thinking.... I could make some canna coconut oil too and use both infusions.... :goof:

Which bud would you rather smoke...

the one that hasn't had the following removed and is now floating?
DSCN32335.JPG
DSCN32344.JPG
DSCN32352.JPG
DSCN32365.JPG

or the washed ones?

Willie Nelson grown with Docs Kit, 11/13 from seed, and washed...
DSCN32374.JPG

..and thats the stuff you see...

bud washing is spreading like wild fire, people that have no idea how to use the internet or join forums told me recently how they heard about a "new" technique to cure your herb, like washing it after you cut it down and it smokes better.

its safe to bet that 2 years from now the majority of growers will put bud washing in their harvest routine.

I agree 420brother, I think somewhere in this thread Doc/ or someone speaks about that being the norm down the road. At least for medical growers looking to get top dollar. There is no downside, DP proved that -- beside time, and I spend plenty of my day wasting time. So, the excuse that it's too time consuming means somebody doesn't care. Of course, if you're peddling product on the street to nobodies why care? I will always do it.

I might be speaking to soon, because nothing is really blooming right now. Where I'm at anyway. Each day I wake up thinking I'll be blocked up any day now,, still clear nasal passages. I think the bud washing has helped my allergies. I'm normally on full strength Claritin now. .it's been about a month since I took any, and that coincides with me smoking my own washed product. Still early, but I've noticed. And I'm very happy. Less money I spend on manufactured drugs means more beans and supplies for me....

I might be speaking to soon, because nothing is really blooming right now. Where I'm at anyway. Each day I wake up thinking I'll be blocked up any day now,, still clear nasal passages. I think the bud washing has helped my allergies. I'm normally on full strength Claritin now. .it's been about a month since I took any, and that coincides with me smoking my own washed product. Still early, but I've noticed. And I'm very happy. Less money I spend on manufactured drugs means more beans and supplies for me....

Careful if big pharmesuiticals hears of this they will lobby to outlaw bud washing :;):

That's so true, Ottawa, so true

Well, I hope so, really do. I'm so over allergies, .it could be a natural thing, some say they change over the years, or our ability to deal with different allergies changes. I've heard every eight years, but who knows.

But, that's good money I'm wasting to fight something I shouldn't have to fight... assuming the crap that was on my previous erb was the cause....

I read somewhere that this could be due to the reduction of mold spores in washed buds. There is mold on everything, even if you can't see it with the naked eye. This awesome washing technique get rid of so much crap on the buds. Great to hear some more anecdotal evidence!

Just curious on the the best way to wash buds... Do I need to use h2o2? That's expensive stuff. Still using Hot water? Has the way your washing it changed the last couple years? I got mites I want to wash out plus a heap of thrip.... I don't get the 3/1 mix of water to H2O2, that bucket would cost $150+.... I know I'm missing something... Lol...

Don't use the peroxide. That's for mold n stuff, and it comes with some risk.

Hot water works fine for me and I continue to fill a sink with hot water from the tap, but warm is fine too. And cold doesn't need to be very cold unless you're going for enhanced color. Going from extreme hot to very cold can dislodge more trichs.

So, best is hot/warm with the lemon/soda, and then a cool/cold rinse.

H2O2=Hydrogen Peroxide. Regular stores sell it (@ 2% concentration) for around $1 per quart. The hydro stores sell a much more concentrated version (@ 29%-35% concentration). Either can be used, but adjustments should be made to account for the concentration levels of the H2O2 you start with. My first wash, I used the 29% at a pretty strong concentration and my buds fast dried on me making the cure difficult to non existent. With my current harvests I'm using the store bought (2%). Last week, I used a 1/2 quart per 5 gallons, this week I used a whole quart per bucket and feel this to be a safer route to take when using H2O2.

As Graytail mentioned though, only use the H2O2 when there are concerns of bud mold, which in my case applies. Humidity in my flower rooms climbed to a frightening 80% for better than a week or two, so H2O2 is a must for me, but avoid using if possible. For your bugs, all you'll need is the lemon juice and baking soda.

I'd also like to mention that if you'll be trimming within hours after washing, to use safety glasses as not all of the lemon juice is washed off and droplets are frequently misting out from the wet produce being snipped into. Because of this, I decreased the Lemon Juice from my mix by 25% making it only 3/4 of a cup per 5 gal bucket. I still caught some droplets in my eyes, but it didn't burn as much hehe. Note to self, get safety glasses as I still have one more plant to take down in a week or so.

H2o2 here cost $29 3% 1 litre... I've got the 33% stuff for cleaning up algae, that was $30 500ml bottle... That'd be cheaper making it, 30-1 mix?.... Anyway weathers dry at the moment, cold but dry, no mould...yet... Hoping I can stop mite burst for the next few days, the chop and wash this girl... Do you change your water during your washes? How much produce could run through a 5g setup? 10pound wet? 20?.... Sorry questions, tried to read and got two different styles first page... I've seen journals talking of it, but I've never thought about washing till these mites and poison got involved in my grow... Peace

H2o2 here cost $29 3% 1 litre... I've got the 33% stuff for cleaning up algae, that was $30 500ml bottle... That'd be cheaper making it, 30-1 mix?.... Anyway weathers dry at the moment, cold but dry, no mould...yet... Hoping I can stop mite burst for the next few days, the chop and wash this girl... Do you change your water during your washes? How much produce could run through a 5g setup? 10pound wet? 20?.... Sorry questions, tried to read and got two different styles first page... I've seen journals talking of it, but I've never thought about washing till these mites and poison got involved in my grow... Peace

$29 for 1 litre of 3%? My local grocery store has it for $1/qt.

You should change your wash water when it gets dirty. This will depend on how much debris is on the plants. The first rinse should be changed the most often. The last rinse is to remove the wash water with the (mostly) dead bacteria and mold in it. It should be changed as it becomes contaminated by wash water. The wash water can be used for lots of plants but should never be stored at room temperature for reuse.

Good Luck.

Don't sweat it all Dale! I just washed my 3rd harvested plant and the meds are delicious and still so plentiful. 530 dry grams of Cherry Bomb and anther 28.5 grams of dry ice hash

IMG_20150414_202429_973.jpg

Back
Top Bottom