Buds can be made PURPLE very simply

GreenThumbPro

You must try a product named PURPLE MAX #3 SNOW STORM A.K.A. Stacker(not sold as STACKER anymore) It is best use with the bud hardener Gravity. They are made by the same company based out of the great Humbolt County Cali. Purple Max is a mix of 100% ORGANIC acid that simulate cold stress when in fact the plant is heathy as can be.It not only adds a nice purple color, I have noticed on testers plants that the Trichome production is GREATLY higher. Let me know how it worked/works for you.:peace:

Racefan, you need to take some Zoloft or something.Have you ever seen Bambi? (my daghter loves it)There is A good quote in that movie that you should try to under stand."If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all" Oh yea, any smart person would know that everthing in this world is about supply and demand. I dont know were you are from but I'm from cali. and here in cali. people are just pumpen out crops as fast as they can. Even harvesting early just so they can get that one extra grow in a year. Its all about money for some poeple(not me) and that is what Purple Max is all about. SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Hey and Purple Max dose not just add color it greatly highers trichome production. So dont try and tell me anything because all you are doing is Blabing your Angery brain activeity. I am A very intelligent grower <you dont think I know Purple is just for the eyes.Come on man . Im just try to help people produce what they want.

All Im trying to do is help people produce what they want. I have nothing to do with the company that makes Purple Max. I know that purple is just for the eyes but TRICHOMES arn't. Peace my friends I just want to share my knowledge. thank you

Sorry bro, Racefan is just doin his job and I can tell you already that you took it the wrong way so let me see if I can help clarify a few things.
Purpleling does not transfer to taste. People like purple because its unique and cool to look at, it does make great bag appeal.
The product you are talking about is a booster to use with other nutes.
Most boosters help with resin and oil production. I use boosters too just different kinds. We are not knocking your product but stuff like this is not what we consider new. So forthe record, the comment wasn't trying to put you down or anything. (but it did look a little like spam)
If you can provide a link, I would like to read more about your product.

As for the other guy talking about grapes, it has more to do with the strain.
Ther are three primary turpins that effect taste and breeders manipulate and mix strains to change turpin combinations. Thats why weed can taste like pine nuts to berrys to diesel fuel. Not my area of expertise but I do love different flavor combinations.

All i wanted to know was , if anybody has tryed this product.Not what Purple color means. Plus it dose mean something, purple color here in cali. means $$$$$$

GreenThumbPro said:
All i wanted to know was , if anybody has tryed this product.Not what Purple color means. Plus it dose mean something, purple color here in cali. means $$$$$$

A good idea to use on 'purple' strains you favor growing....nothing wrong with enhancing what is already there. But to use it on a bagseed or non-purple strain grow & it happened to turn purple would there be a temptation to rename your weed to something purple?. To wring every last $$$$$$ out of it possible it'd have to have a purple name. I could be wrong but your last post sounded a bit mercenary is all......

Thnx for sharing the knowledge though..... looks like great stuff & if I were to grow some purple strains, purple haze, purple #1, etc....I'd buy the product for sure.

It did mention in a couple of places that it is still in the experimental phase, but demand of product forces the sale of the product at this time. That gives me a bit of cause to pause and think too.

ok so guys i have a question. No matter what i.e. bagseed or ice 2k or purple haze ......... the purple is all from and only from temp? and it has nothing to do with taste or potentcy? sorry im from cali to and this is pretty much the oldest debate we have around here.

Yup yup......I agree. I had a bag seed male I left out side.....Just didnthave the heart to kill him off......well he started to shrivel up after aweek or so with no water.......the temps dropped real cold and with in 2 days I had a sweet looking purple dirt weed plant that was greenish brown and big purple leaves starting to turn all over him. Yup Mexican Purple.

Later Gator
Dad

California is over run with the demand for purple bud... Now alot of people are stressing plants with cold shock which can lower yeild and resin production.. Or they are spending alot of money on purple genetics. I would gladly pick up the product of which you speak.. And thanks for the info... Can you provide a link tho?

Purple color is a recessive gene in some strains of plants. The green color is a function of the action and existence of chlorophyll, which is a dominant gene, so while massive amounts of chlorophyll exist, purpling does not occur strongly. That's why the plants don't go purple until late in the season when chlorophyll counts naturally decline. I am not a chemist, but I believe this is what purple enhancers like "Purple Max" do...stop or slow chlorophyll production allowing the recessive gene to emerge. The same can be done by reducing the nightime temperature differential 20-30 degrees...basically making the plant believe it's the end of the autumn season, when temperatures begin to drop at night. This stops, or severely limits chlorophyll production and allows the recessive gene (purpling) to emerge.
Using both methods during the final 3 weeks of flowering will give the optimum effect.
Yes, purpling does nothing for taste or potency..but the masses equate purple color to high-end potency...and here in California, the clubs will actually prefer a purple color over a green with the same THC count because of marketability. Trust me..as a regular supplier to the clubs of consistently purple variety I see a marked difference in the amount I can charge simply because I pay attention to these facts. Personally, I don't choose what I smoke by color..but the less educated will..and do.:Rasta:

I could care less it its striped magenta and yello polka dots....color means NOTHING. The best bud Ive ever had was some small nodescript sativa buds..total kneebender

I could care less it its striped magenta and yello polka dots....color means NOTHING. The best bud Ive ever had was some small nodescript sativa buds..total kneebender

Amen PitViper color dont mean nothing but more exhibition of course people seem more attracted to purple buds but wat really comes into play is the potency of the bud itself... Although it would be interesting to see some purple crazy hybrid buds like chemdog or some G13...

Yes, purpling does nothing for taste or potency..but the masses equate purple color to high-end potency...and here in California, the clubs will actually prefer a purple color over a green with the same THC count because of marketability.

I live in NorCal and the purple strains (GDP, Purps, P-Erckle,) are not in that high of demand. In fact, a recent search (today) I have found that purple varities are actually cheaper than another strains. Is there a large supply of purple to drop the price? Don't know but in NorCal color means nothing. First thing a co-op does is to look at the bud. Yes, there has to be a measure of "bag appeal" but the potency and the effect has to be the first criteria of evaluation. We all have tried different strains where the lookers had low potency and dirt looking bags get you very high. I am with Pit, who cares what it looks like. You might be able to sell a co-op the must beautiful looking buds, but if it doesn't do the job, you will not be doing business for long with that type of product. Let's grow for potency not on how it looks.

California is over run with the demand for purple bud... Now alot of people are stressing plants with cold shock which can lower yeild and resin production.. Or they are spending alot of money on purple genetics. I would gladly pick up the product of which you speak.. And thanks for the info... Can you provide a link tho?

Smokey, It's interesting that you say " stressing the plant at the end can lower yield", is that from experiance? I have used ice water in my final watering and it seems to help increase resin production in the last few days?

Is there something I am missing?

Racefan, you need to take some Zoloft or something.Have you ever seen Bambi? (my daghter loves it)There is A good quote in that movie that you should try to under stand."If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all" Oh yea, any smart person would know that everthing in this world is about supply and demand. I dont know were you are from but I'm from cali. and here in cali. people are just pumpen out crops as fast as they can. Even harvesting early just so they can get that one extra grow in a year. Its all about money for some poeple(not me) and that is what Purple Max is all about. SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Hey and Purple Max dose not just add color it greatly highers trichome production. So dont try and tell me anything because all you are doing is Blabing your Angery brain activeity. I am A very intelligent grower <you dont think I know Purple is just for the eyes.Come on man . Im just try to help people produce what they want.

Nice Job Green , Bravo I totally Agree with your philosophies. Although a prurple bud might not bring more THC or taste to the table it is beautiful. It is different than the green of the past, so its new people like new. Thanks for the tip Green I will be looking for this stuff. I have some clones and seeds of avarious purple strains, grape ape clone 2 purple urkle clones and just planted 10 deep purple seeds a hybrid of querkle and purple urkle. Adding the purp nute might make these girls turn really deep purple :)

I thought this thread was dead and buried, lol.

The best bud Ive ever had was some small nodescript sativa buds..total kneebender

I've GOT to move to your neighborhood.

I've read that several of the purple strains were lacking in taste. I don't know, the only purples I've encountered were from cool temps toward the end of harvest (not purple strains) and once, due to nutrient deficiency/lockout.

The idea of dispensaries being concerned with bag appeal just seems wrong to me. They're medical dispensaries (well, they're supposed to be). Children's vitamins are sometimes purple - and look like cartoon characters, too. Oddly, adult vitamins seem to focus on their medicinal(?) content.

Back
Top Bottom