Buds have no smell?

SuperErb

420 Member
i have an Indica Purple Bud plant that I grew from a feminized seed. I started it outside and moved it under a 600w bulb in a tent to flower. I thought it was a male because it had a few male flowers and I almost trashed it but it started flowering now and is definitely a female. It has been in bud stage for twenty days now and has lots of flowers but they have no odor to them at all. My last crop I grew from clones and they smelled very fragrant at this stage. Also, because of the warm tent conditions, I assume, there is no purple color to them. I am afraid this crop will be low in THC. Any ideas?

Hello SuperErb, some straains will not have a noticeable smell at all during flowering. what you mentioned about keeping temps low is very important, better if you start working on that soon!

Different strains, and even different identical plants can put out an odor at different stages of flowering. Environmental factors will have an impact on this issue as well.
For example, I grow a strain of Crit+ that gives odor very early. My OGK strain is very different and doesn't give too much smell until much later in flower.
I don't feel one should try to judge the outcome or quality of a grow based on smell. Of course, if you're familiar with the strain and how it normally smells up during previous successful grows, you could use it as an indicator.

2 cents delivered.

I grow and also a friend of mine, we both do a mix of photo's and auto's. We've found that most auto's don't seem to give off much of a smell when compared to photo's; but we've also seen some photo's giving off no smell at all.
Even some inherently stinky strains sometimes don't give off a discerning smell.

In conclusion: Seems to be random.

Thanks Roach and everyone else! Right now the temp in my tent is averaging about 77-81 degrees. Do you think this is too high? I have a tower fan on it with a six inch Hurricane exhaust. I don't think I can get it any lower as the ambient temp outside the tent is the same as the inside.

I've always noticed that males don't have any citrus / skunky odors ever. I am doing a random seed from some awesome bag of colombian flowers and I am just assuming it is a Female, because it smells since already had 4 sets of leaves on it. My plant still doesn't show any balls either.

Vlad

Back
Top Bottom