Burnt seedlings using Fox Farms Ocean Forest?

Okay, you asked for first hand experience, I've use FFOF many times now and think it's the best soil for cannabis. It's certainly loaded with nutes so there really is no need to add any more until you're well into your grow. In my case, I usually wait until the last week of veg before I start adding any nutes and only 1/4 strength of the recommended dosages shown on the containers. FFOF is loaded with N because I always see enormous growth and that deep, dark green color in the leaves, so sometimes I do mix it 50/50 with FFHF soil mix which I think is not as hot with nutes as OF. YMMV.

This year ive adapted FF indoor schedule to outdoors and I waited a month to start to feed because of the Ocean F. soil. I mix light, for 4 gal. but do 5 gal. water. The grow shop said I could go heavier for outdoors. I then noticed their schedule said TWICE a week so I started that 2 weeks ago. Their taking it beautifully but might do a once a week here and there. Except when its really hot and Im watering heavy once a day, then feed twice weekly.
heres this years yard grow!!! Im really trying considering the law allows!! God Bless America!!!!!
20160706_071352.jpg
20160706_072559.jpg
20160705_132152.jpg

Have seen many posts over the years about FFOF being too hot for seedlings. I can only say that out of nearly 1,000 seeds started in FFOF soil, (numerous strains), have never seen a hint of burning yet. Never. not one. I always think when I see that claim, "what's really going on"!

Have seen many posts over the years about FFOF being too hot for seedlings. I can only say that out of nearly 1,000 seeds started in FFOF soil, (numerous strains), have never seen a hint of burning yet. Never. not one. I always think when I see that claim, "what's really going on"!

Ive never had them BURN either. But Im new. I like the dirt and the fact you dont feed for a month. My bad for posting my yard grow on anothers thread but heres an update........
20160818_110502.jpg
20160818_110424.jpg
20160818_110320.jpg

Ok, gotta a question on this and excuse me if I show any ignorance. Is Fox Farms Ocean Forest any different than Miracle grow potting mix? thanks ahead

Ok, gotta a question on this and excuse me if I show any ignorance. Is Fox Farms Ocean Forest any different than Miracle grow potting mix? thanks ahead

Miracle grow has slow release plant food beads in the mix. Nasty! Recently viewed a video of soil comparisons, happy frog, ffof, miracle grow, roots soil, home mix, straight compost(i think). google it, great viewing and lists ingredients of all compared soils. One of the crop items was tomatoes and the ffof and happy frog were excellent along with his home brew, miracle grow sucked and roots wasn't very good. On all crop items home mix was the best.

Been thinking about this and wonder could the reason i've never had burning on seed starts with FFOF is because i cut it with 20% or so extra perlite? Kinda like mitigating the fert punch? Looking around burning seedlings is a common complaint attributed to FFOF.

How many people here have actually burnt their seedlings using fox farms ocean forest? I'm not talking about ur friends aunts brother...I'm talking first hand! Also is it true that autos are actually more likely to be burnt? Thank as always!:thumb:

ME. I found that when I was using FFOF on my seedings, it worked bast 1 part ffof, 1 part Promix BX and 1 part Perlite. No more burnt babies. :circle-of-love::peace:

When you guys first water your plants using FFOF... what do you set your pH at? Fox Farm says Ocean Forest has a pH already set to 6.3-6.8... I started off at 6.3 pH

Sent from my SM-G930T using 420

Back
Top Bottom