Burnt seedlings using Fox Farms Ocean Forest?

I use it a never had a problem. Now I only use water only for the first three weeks.

I'm guessing anyone who has burnt their seedlings using FFOF has added nutes to it. I'm using FFOF currently and lovin it. My clones took off after their roots hit it. I'm at about 30 days into 7 gallon smart pots and still haven't used full strength nutes. FFOF is the best soil I have ever used.

i have:byebye:
i still use it i just cut it with happy frog and havent had an issue since. i go smooth into OF for bloom and only add nutes 3-4 weeks into flower starting at 1/4 strength then letting plant tell me how hungry it is.

and no i added nothing....imo its just a little to hot for babies by itself. maybe it was the strain too. white widow is a sensitive plant. i just cut it 2 to 1 with happy frog and didnt try another strain. so this is my opinion.

but short answer yes i have...with no nutes

No burning here.H20 is all that I give to babies. I love FFOF. In soil, the whole foxfarm line up is what I use. Now hydro is another story .:;):

I have never used FFOF first hand but i know for a fact that using Canna Terra Pro Soil mix fried some seedlings of mine last year.

I have never used FFOF first hand but i know for a fact that using Canna Terra Pro Soil mix fried some seedlings of mine last year.

I always flush the soil a few times with good old water before I put any plants into it.

My new current multi-strain grow has 4 seedlings in FFOF soil and they are loving it.

No burning here.H20 is all that I give to babies. I love FFOF. In soil, the whole foxfarm line up is what I use. Now hydro is another story .:;):

i have:byebye:
i still use it i just cut it with happy frog and havent had an issue since. i go smooth into OF for bloom and only add nutes 3-4 weeks into flower starting at 1/4 strength then letting plant tell me how hungry it is.

and no i added nothing....imo its just a little to hot for babies by itself. maybe it was the strain too. white widow is a sensitive plant. i just cut it 2 to 1 with happy frog and didnt try another strain. so this is my opinion.

but short answer yes i have...with no nutes

Never thought to flush it before transplanting or even cutting it. Honestly thought FFOF was gonna work with no problem look. Fml. They look worse today after the move. The leaves are turning colors from the bottom middle of the leaves and slowly moving up the middle of the leaves through the middle. Also noticed some cupping and I think maybe a turned over leaf. If someone can confirm nute burn is the issue then I'll flush/ cut the next soil. Here's some pics. One of the stems just snapped off this morning. But one of the leaves under one of the dying leaves seems to be doing just fine.
IMG_20160229_115026.jpg
IMG_20160229_115015.jpg

Add light warrior 2-1 to OF. Courtesy of my boy Sub.

Okay, you asked for first hand experience, I've use FFOF many times now and think it's the best soil for cannabis. It's certainly loaded with nutes so there really is no need to add any more until you're well into your grow. In my case, I usually wait until the last week of veg before I start adding any nutes and only 1/4 strength of the recommended dosages shown on the containers. FFOF is loaded with N because I always see enormous growth and that deep, dark green color in the leaves, so sometimes I do mix it 50/50 with FFHF soil mix which I think is not as hot with nutes as OF. YMMV.

I dont know but I hope my indoors goes as good as my yard grow

That's an ongoing controversy but from my limited knowledge what it is is this outside you have pests and Mother Nature and free light and air and can yield nice plants (I've pulled almost a lb off of outdoors plants) indoors no pest no Mother Nature to heat burn or freeze or blow away or wash out with rain etc etc etc and ya gotta pay for the light n wind AND the yield on the plants is much less but the quality is usually much better also inside is faster to harvest as you control the lighting so that's my in a nut shell in v's out

Outdoor organics. Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Back
Top Bottom