Buysser's Very First Grow - Mars II 1600 Watt Attic Grow Using Growology

I hope your girls will pull through buysser.

My own experience with them plugs was disastrous. I now only plant seeds or cuttings into rockwool.

Maybe you might consider rockwool next time.

I soak the cubes in a litre of water that has 4ml plant start, 2ml rhizotonic, 0.5ml superthrive and a bit of aktrivator. The mix is pH downed to 5.5. I don't pinch the cubes on removal but lift the cube up really quickly in a jerking motion which forces air into the top and fluid out of the bottom. That's just to make sure they are not flooded which is very unlikely anyway. Depending on your environment, this should see the seed through to it's second set of leaves at which point I use a very similar feed to above until they are potted on.

This may not be of interest to you but maybe someone scouring the forums for help might find it useful.

Knowing what I know now, I would not have used the sponges but I got what I got. I like skunnys idea of dipping them to get a good soak at least for this round.

Thanx

I genuinely love them & have had great success since switching to them :) Another way of checking the moisture level is a gentle squeeze at the top. If they are still moist you will see a touch of water, if they are starting to dry there wont be any water visible but you should feel the moisture on your finger & thumb. This way you can gauge when they are ready for more water. I like to use a sprayer to keep mine moist, 2 or 3 squirts on each side & the top is all you need if they are damp to the touch. :)

I genuinely love them & have had great success since switching to them :) Another way of checking the moisture level is a gentle squeeze at the top. If they are still moist you will see a touch of water, if they are starting to dry there wont be any water visible but you should feel the moisture on your finger & thumb. This way you can gauge when they are ready for more water. I like to use a sprayer to keep mine moist, 2 or 3 squirts on each side & the top is all you need if they are damp to the touch. :)

Good stuff skunny. Thanks.. their so blasted touchy. Is it a gender thing? :)

Dang skunny. I went up there, pulled the plugs out and wrung water out of the sickly one. It was like it was drenched and I only dipped it real quic in the cup last night. The other two were better but way past moist. Water came dripping out the bottom of the middle one in my pics. Hanging on for dear life man.

My poor girls. Started with five and down to three with two hanging on for dear life. after drowning and dehydrated them at last I think I figured out what they like which is misting twice a day.
these are the latest pictures I have of the 3 remaining at day 19. Next step 4.5" clay pots at some point. I'm in no hurry
20140731_104359.jpg
20140731_103602.jpg
20140731_103510.jpg

leave them in the plugs until there's a decent amount of roots growing out of the sides. There's plenty of nutrients in the plugs to support them so be patient :)

I've just seen your nutrient question & they don't need anything until you pot them up & then it's just a mild strength in coco/hydro or nothing if you use soil. A good mantra to go by when growing cannabis is 'Less is More' Use it from your water & nutrient needs of seedlings right through to boosting your plants in flower. It's easier to fix a deficiency than it is a lock out :)

I've just seen your nutrient question & they don't need anything until you pot them up & then it's just a mild strength in coco/hydro or nothing if you use soil. A good mantra to go by when growing cannabis is 'Less is More' Use it from your water & nutrient needs of seedlings right through to boosting your plants in flower. It's easier to fix a deficiency than it is a lock out :)

Thanks for taking the time skunny, I appreciate it and will follow to the T... btw, what's a lockout?

My personal opinion is that once they're in promix, you should start using a Growology solution every time you water. If this experience has made you a little leery (perfectly understandable), you can start with a dilute solution - half-strength or even less - but you don't have to. I'll be the first to admit this is shamelessly self-serving advice :), but you can find growers right here on 420mag who have had great results doing it that way. If you want links to a few such journals, just let me know.
-John

My personal opinion is that once they're in promix, you should start using a Growology solution every time you water. If this experience has made you a little leery (perfectly understandable), you can start with a dilute solution - half-strength or even less - but you don't have to. I'll be the first to admit this is shamelessly self-serving advice :), but you can find growers right here on 420mag who have had great results doing it that way. If you want links to a few such journals, just let me know.
-John

Nothing wrong with a little self serving advice.... Actually been following most of those journals and YES, I am a little leary but mostly about myself :hmmmm:

I had intended to mix in half strength to start with after pro mix. At this point, I just don't feel like they are strong enough to take a lot more abuse and punishment... We'll get there John!!!

Back
Top Bottom