C'99 - Auto - Mix - 250w HPS - Indoor Soil Grow

hayya ala

Good evening for all the growers out there ;).

NOTE! Since I'am from Europe I'll write in my metric system such as meters, liters & celcius etc.
And also my English isn't perfect so forgive me for some mistakes.

This is my first grow and maybe that is the reason why I've started this journal.
I'am here just for your advice ant tips and also to keep track of my grow to solve problems quicker.

My main task for this grow is to make it all over till the first days of September, because I will go for a vacations for a few weeks and there will be no chances to look after my plants. And secondly it's kind of budget grow, that means I can't afford anything more from what I have now except for nutrients later on (love DYI so waiting for some interesting ideas).
And sorry for some focused out photos, that's my cameras fault.

Now for equipment:

Grow box
1.3m long x 0.8m wide x 1.4m height
Walls covered with a reflective material.

IMG_005127.JPG

Ventilation
For now I have
3x PC fans for out take.
And one regular fan for air circulation within box.
Waiting for my other 3 PC fans for in take. (But since my box is approximately a size of a room that it is in I dont know if I really need those. Maybe I will use one for cooling my ballast because its really frying and for now I use my regular fan for circulate air in the box, move leaves of a plants and cool down my ballast just a little bit).
But for now I don't have any temperature or humidity problems.
Temperature is stable 28C and humidity 55-60% at day.

IMG_005823.JPG

Pots & soil
For seedling I'am using small ~0.5liter plastic pots.
Soil is a regular soil for a room flowers with pH 5.5-6.5
Perlite and drainage pellets.
So all mix look like this:
2-3cm of drainage on the bottom
3/4 soil and 1/4 perlite mix
~2cm drainage on the top (for my main strain (C99) since I havent got it no more for others :ganjamon: )

Lighting
Not so much here :)
Just my 250w HPS with DYI reflector from two baking forms :).

IMG_005523.JPG

IMG_005717.JPG

Some kind of control panel :cheesygrinsmiley:
IMG_005029.JPG

Seeds:
2x Outdoor mix reg
3x Indoor mix reg
5x Auto dwarf reg
5x C99 feminized

START
05-23
On May 23 Ive putted seeds in wet towels and let them rest for few days

05-25
Some seeds had sprouted some of them not, so Ive putted all of them in the soil and right under HPS in 18/6.
I think the next day one of C99 had came out from the soil
IMG_005324.JPG

IMG_006117.JPG

05-30
Final germination results:
Outdoor mix 1/2
Indoor mix 3/3
Auto Dwarfs 2/5
C99 5/5 :clap:

So now I have 11 seedlings total in my box, they already lost their shells. Sprayed a little bit of rain water during these days and this morning watered all of them with a bunch of water till it came through the bottom. One of them is outdoor so Iam going to leave him there till he will be strong enough for an East Europe climate :thedoubletake:. After all I dont expect anything from it but Ill give it a try since I got all these (in, out, auto) seeds as a bonus for my C99.

And some photos for today. (Once again sorry for low quality)
IMG_005325.JPG

IMG_005225.JPG

The tallest so far, but all other are chasing him quickly. :cheer:
IMG_005030.JPG

Temperature and humidity is stable all the time.
IMG_004930.JPG

Thats it for today.
Iam going to be updating the first post always to make it more comfortable to look and discuss.

Questions!
  • Since C99 flowering period is about 7-8 weeks, Iam planing to keep these plants in veg for max 5 week from now. What kind of growing techniques (LST, SOG, ScrOG, topping, fimming) do you recommend to use for a maximum growth over these weeks?

Thanks for checking out! :slide: Have a good splif :thanks:

Re: C'99 | Auto | Mix - 250w HPS - Indoor soil grow

A great start to a great journal, nice set up, im thinking you will need a bigger room when these are further in veg and flower, i got 2 x 3gallon pots in my 3ft by 3ft and floor to ceiling high room, 1x 2ltr dwc hempie and 2 small square pots for my autos, if i had 4 x 3gallon pots then id be struggling for space, autos will flower in smaller pots but i need to go bigger with mine, my 1 auto has gone a lot longer than it should and is still growing, but in flower, so depending how many fems you get you could struggle for space, i recon a 3gallon pot is about what you can get away with with none auto plants,

basically the plant will have as much space to grow as twice the pot size, so if the pot is 1ft high then it will hold a 2ft plant, but the bigger the pot is round the more it will bush out for you, a smaller pot means smaller plants.

are you planning on doing any kind of training like lst or topping, i done topping on mine and it worked out well,

i am also in europe as well,

Hey thanks for reply ;). :thanks:
And yeah, room space are little bit a head ache, but for now I dont look far in the future because dont know how many lucky lottery tickets I have with these auto and indoor mixes. Main task is to keep my C99 as healthier as I can and its not a problem for me to sacrifice few plant and put it on a windowsill for the welfare of other plants if it will become to crowded :laughtwo:. But since Iam planning a short veg period, hope wont face these problems.
I measured my box with imaginary pots, so Iam thinking about 25cm wide (~9-10") and approximately same in height pots. There would be plenty of space for 9 of them.
And for the training Iam definitely will do some topping, and for lst not sure for now due to same room space problem, but Ill try to keep them as bushier as it could in their pot boundaries.

Wow I cant edit my first post anymore :( thats a pity..
So now I see why no one writes his journal in the first post.
But never mind.. Just wanted to update my question list with one more.

Finally sunny summer had came to my place also.
So Iam thinking to put my babies under the sun on my windowsill for few hours a day when sun is at the peak and then right back in a grow box under HPS. Would it be good for my plants or would it will cause some harm to them?

MINI UPDATE
06-02

Transplanted 6x (4x-C'99, 2x-Indoor Mix) plants, with the largest leafs so far, to a bigger pots (~4 liters).
Plants will live in these pots till harvest.
I left other plants to grow a little bit more in the smaller pots since there is no need to transplant them (saw that roots were coming from the bottom of the pot to the plants which were transplanted.

IMG_005621.JPG
IMG_005824.JPG
IMG_005718.JPG

the plants are on their way mate, its ok to put them out in the sun for few hours, i sneak mine onto my balcony as i have also been having a few nice days where i am, probably not to far from you, but its been cloudy and rainy for the last 2 days so looks like its going to be a normal summer where i am, but i put the smaller plants out in the sun when i get chance, it gives them a boost,

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.:Namaste:

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom