CA215's Non-420 Garden

Yeah, when I see weeds growing out of cracks in the freeway in an underpass where its completely shaded it reinforces how life will find a way. Also makes me think my weeds at home are pampered :rofl:

Yeah, when I see weeds growing out of cracks in the freeway in an underpass where its completely shaded it reinforces how life will find a way. Also makes me think my weeds at home are pampered :rofl:

:laugh: I would have to say I see it as the weeds pampering us in return also, the more we pamper the more we prosper :Namaste:
Hope you are enjoying the weather Les, this wind has got my allergies dominating my arse atm :whoa: Being away from the garden for a few days I can see minor issues without the comfort of their care taker, they may have gotten a little dried out one of the days as they missed a watering. I can see this summer becoming a headache if I miss a watering again as we are only in spring and they are drying out this quick. I may need to look into some back breaking 10-20 gallon pots in attempts to lessen the amount of time needed between waterings. I would assume mid summer I will be watering 3-4 times a day and that will not work with my schedule. Anyways, small update this morning not much to see yet, still seeing the tomato flowers drying off, spinach seems stunted along with the green onion (no photos). My bean plant is looking rough, very yellow and fried looking, the cold weather is one of the culprits in this case, and possibly the soil is a little rich for a bean plant. The mint plant is also having an issue with gnats and another insect I cannot identify. I have been applying intervals of sns203 and 209 every 4 days and have not seen any help. Going to pull out some mosquito dunks for the next watering. Trying to avoid spraying organic insecticide in attempts to keep my mantis squadron, I have a couple lady bug pupa that have attached to the fabric pots on the sc bogs, another good sign Les? :high-five: Freaking love nature!
100_9748.JPG
100_9749.JPG
100_9750.JPG
100_9752.JPG
100_9753.JPG
100_9746.JPG
100_9741.JPG
100_9760.JPG
100_9735.JPG
100_9737.JPG
:hug: stay safe

Yeah I've been having a huge fungus gnat problem on a couple of jalapeno plants, luckily not too bad at all in the ganja tent. Been using extremely concentrated solutions of SNS-203 to kill them. I've seen it kill them adults on contact, and sure as hell kills the larvae. Just need one of those professional sprayer bottles and need to dig up the first few inches of soil and looking for any small movement. I have went through almost 2 bottles of SNS-203, finally getting a handle on them. Also, they seem to float to the top after watering with the tea, that's when I hit them hard with the spray. For every adult fungus gnat you kill, you are actually destroying the potential for it to lay ~300 eggs a piece. Great product really :thumb:

Yeah I've been having a huge fungus gnat problem on a couple of jalapeno plants, luckily not too bad at all in the ganja tent. Been using extremely concentrated solutions of SNS-203 to kill them. I've seen it kill them adults on contact, and sure as hell kills the larvae. Just need one of those professional sprayer bottles and need to dig up the first few inches of soil and looking for any small movement. I have went through almost 2 bottles of SNS-203, finally getting a handle on them. Also, they seem to float to the top after watering with the tea, that's when I hit them hard with the spray. For every adult fungus gnat you kill, you are actually destroying the potential for it to lay ~300 eggs a piece. Great product really :thumb:

In all honesty I really slacked right at the beginning when you told me that those bags would probably bring in a decent amount of gnats.. I should have started on the potent dose side of things then starting low which I think is getting them adjusted to the feedings I have been giving them.. No more Mr. nice guy, I am going to go out and absolutely pound them with! Going to give everything a diatomaceous earth top dress also.. drown em with the sns, let them climb through the sharp D.E shrapnel! The MMJ is looking fine, I think the mantis have been doing work, all plants are gnat free except for the critical+ auto, seems to be a bug magnet. Also, forgot to mention the compost bin I had going was attracting WAY too much insect activity, the compost bin was dumped and for the time being I will not be composting.

Just to clarify, I have been using SNS203 one day, wait, and then 4 days later using the SNS209. Today, I am going to use in conjunction at a higher concentration.

About 2 weeks ago the wife and I went to the local nursery and got some Fruit Trees, Herbs and Veggies. I made a little raised bed garden and have some Peppers and other stuff in my greenhouse in containers. This is my first time really growing anything other than MJ, Herbs and Tomatoes and I already have a couple issues and was hoping you could tell me what they are.

This is a Lime Tree we bought. I noticed yesterday that a couple new growth leaves were stuck together and deformed lookin. I pulled them apart and this is what I saw.
IMG_20140530_200322654.jpg

This is the top of my Pepperoncini Plant which I noticed was covered in tiny green spots. Looking closer I saw them moving and realized they were bugs crawlin all over. I looked it up and all that comes up is Aphids but they dont look like any of the few pics I saw. Ill continue looking but wanted to ask here too since you have experience in this area.
IMG_20140530_200139480.jpg

I have Mighty Wash still, ya think that will take them out or would I just be wasting it?

Yeah, it appears the caterpillars love that lime tree already, gonna have to amp up the cacoon inspections on her. Citrus trees can get hit hard by moths and butterflies, esp. this time of year.

About the aphids, I see those sometimes on my belle pepper plants, if there too many I cannot remove by hand then I would spray something like the SNS-203 SNS 203 Soil Drench Spray | Sierra Natural Science on the infested area, and then I would use a hose to wash off the bugs. With enough diligence they can be controlled. :goodluck:

Yeah, it appears the caterpillars love that lime tree already, gonna have to amp up the cacoon inspections on her. Citrus trees can get hit hard by moths and butterflies, esp. this time of year.

About the aphids, I see those sometimes on my belle pepper plants, if there too many I cannot remove by hand then I would spray something like the SNS-203 SNS 203 Soil Drench Spray | Sierra Natural Science on the infested area, and then I would use a hose to wash off the bugs. With enough diligence they can be controlled. :goodluck:

Thanks, Ill get the hose after em when the sun goes behind the trees later this evening.

Back
Top Bottom