Cal/mag an LED problem?

I am using LEDs and have been having a cal/mag problem with the latest grow. I think it is a soil problem but I have been reading a lot about that recently. Need to keep an eye on that. LEDs are new and it could be a bit funky on the plant chemistry to have intense light in very specific wavelengths, something that would never occur naturally.

Is cal/mag a problem with LEDs? Heard about it is it true?

Unlikely.....

I would suggest on checking your water supply !

Normally cal/mag problems are associated with RO, soft, rain water use etc, etc if so a cal/mag supplement should be used :thumb:

I am using LED in combination with HPS and I try to figure out why the young leaves suddenly start to droop.
Does a cal/mag problem results in drooping leaves ?

IMG_20161218_195313_-_CP.jpg

Can be.
Most of my plants need cal-mag with LED.
Comes down to strain and your water but many noticed that LED need some more.
Have no experience with HPS but most of my strains get cal-mag deficit after week 3 of bloom without.

I was having trouble with droopy sugar leaves on one strain ,, looked alot like above. and it turned out she was hungry , after adding more p k bloom boost all straightened out in a week or so
In saying that i do use a cal mag supplement, all my feeds start with about 150 ppm cal mag then add nutes on top of that. In coco

If you go to Amazon and check the Mars Hydro 300 LED, the illustration depicting light hanging distances specifically says "more cal mag than usual". Granted that's only one manufacturer, but I too have read the need for more cal/mag after researching it.

That said, my second grow in HF soil @ 3 weeks started showing signs of cal/mag deficiency. Since then, I've added some CaliMagic and epsom salts to her last watering and she's looking pretty damn good so IMHO, generally speaking I would say yes. :)

Back
Top Bottom