Cal-mag deficiency flushing

Think it's just a overwatering issue.
How big are the plants? If they're big plants, the soil need to dry for the roots to grow and then completely saturated next watering or feeding at correct ph
Btw adding the incorrect amount of dolomite lime will throw your soil’s PH off. CL🍀

So you’re saying that you don’t use epsom or know any other growers who do? CL🍀
Not disagreeing my friend, just saying since he's got a bottle of CaMg, that's the solution

BTW - I live just a few miles from Epsom where the Romans discovered it

I’m not disagreeing either and I think you’re right about the solution if it’s not a lockout from so much epsom. CL🍀
How big are the plants? If they're big plants, the soil need to dry for the roots to grow and then completely saturated next watering or feeding at correct ph
The shorter plant on the left is the one with the issues. Brief summary: This grow kinda went wrong. I got 10 Mint Chocolate OG crossed with Gorilla Glue seeds. (Not so good genetics apparently) Sprouted 10, kept 9 showing female, gave 5 to a friend and 3 of those immediately turned hermi, my 4 looked good, put 2 into flower and was going to keep 1 other for clones, suddenly one of the in flower went hermi as did one of the mothers. Long story short, I started flowering the (supposed to be) mother that’s why she’s so short. So shorty started showing signs of low mag so I started the Epsom salt. The brownish spots started to go away but then the mature leaves started getting a little curly and crispy so that led me to think nutrient block. The bigger original flowering plant is doing great.
IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg

The shorter plant on the left is the one with the issues. Brief summary: This grow kinda went wrong. I got 10 Mint Chocolate OG crossed with Gorilla Glue seeds. (Not so good genetics apparently) Sprouted 10, kept 9 showing female, gave 5 to a friend and 3 of those immediately turned hermi, my 4 looked good, put 2 into flower and was going to keep 1 other for clones, suddenly one of the in flower went hermi as did one of the mothers. Long story short, I started flowering the (supposed to be) mother that’s why she’s so short. So shorty started showing signs of low mag so I started the Epsom salt. The brownish spots started to go away but then the mature leaves started getting a little curly and crispy so that led me to think nutrient block. The bigger original flowering plant is doing great.
IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg
I’m not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but from what I’ve learned it sounds like a lockout from using so much epsom. Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀

IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg
My bad they're not overwatered.
Looks like a little too much nutrients or add a plain watering @6.3 with runoff.
So feed, feed, water.

Just imo

Different question related to ☝️ is it ok to flush with (city) tap water or should you use RO?

you can use tap. typically you'd flush then feed within 24hrs, earlier in coco or hempy. the idea is to wash the salts / nutes out, then rebalance and refeed.

The shorter plant on the left is the one with the issues.

maybe isolate that plant for a better pic and let us have a closer peak. it's giving looks like a couple things, nutes, n claw, and overwater all show up in the leaves.

you can use tap. typically you'd flush then feed within 24hrs, earlier in coco or hempy. the idea is to wash the salts / nutes out, then rebalance and refeed.

maybe isolate that plant for a better pic and let us have a closer peak. it's giving looks like a couple things, nutes, n claw, and overwater all show up in the leaves.
It's not adviceable to feed only tap water in coir or hempy. Without any buffer in the solution you will cause pH fluctuations.

It's not adviceable to feed only two water in coir or hempy. Without any buffer in the solution you will cause pH fluctuations.

it's part of the reason for a refeed before dry cycle. in soil apps you could let it go to dry cycle. a lot of coco and hempy grows run on f/f/w schedules, but only on bottle nutes. my nute allows for it to be run continuous.

when running bottle nutes i had a scheduled h202 flush in hempy twice during a grow. it kept it all in check with a f/f/w schedule.

ph is not necessarily a factor with this nute. loads of folk ran without. i still observe it though.

@Grow AZ your original question asking if one should use RO or tap and should add Cal-Mag to yer flushing for a Cal Mag deficiency, I can not answer that question never have flushed a plant. When I have a plant that looks ill I will water that plant with PHed Spring Water with no additives to run off fer bout 7/10 days . I see what appears to be excessive nitrogen,clawed leaf tips, dark green waxy appearance, which could lockout Cal-mag, giving more CM will not fix the problem with a lockout.
I use Epsom Salts and water soluble Gypsum with my RO water as a Cal-Mag substitute . .30 grams of Gypsum/ .30 grams Magnesium added to my water to give me approximately 80/100 PPM. I use this mix fer regular watering without Nutrients. Fer feeding with Nutrients I Double the amount of Gypsum/magnesium to raise the PPM to 180/200. My understanding is Cal-Mag is necessary fer nutrient uptake, not necessary to use without nutrients. Regarding salt build up , my cloth pots look new after a harvest using this method. I shelved my liquid Cal-Mag months ago;). Should note that I grow Autos, not sure if Photos would require a higher PPM value. Happy growing and good luck.
:passitleft:

@Grow AZ your original question asking if one should use RO or tap and should add Cal-Mag to yer flushing for a Cal Mag deficiency, I can not answer that question never have flushed a plant. When I have a plant that looks ill I will water that plant with PHed Spring Water with no additives to run off fer bout 7/10 days . I see what appears to be excessive nitrogen,clawed leaf tips, dark green waxy appearance, which could lockout Cal-mag, giving more CM will not fix the problem with a lockout.
I use Epsom Salts and water soluble Gypsum with my RO water as a Cal-Mag substitute . .30 grams of Gypsum/ .30 grams Magnesium added to my water to give me approximately 80/100 PPM. I use this mix fer regular watering without Nutrients. Fer feeding with Nutrients I Double the amount of Gypsum/magnesium to raise the PPM to 180/200. My understanding is Cal-Mag is necessary fer nutrient uptake, not necessary to use without nutrients. Regarding salt build up , my cloth pots look new after a harvest using this method. I shelved my liquid Cal-Mag months ago;). Should note that I grow Autos, not sure if Photos would require a higher PPM value. Happy growing and good luck.
:passitleft:
Nice, and I agree with you other then the Epsom salt my friend unless you are in organic soil (subcool) but he does not need anymore Mg. Let's take that off the table and only use something controllable which would be cal/mag.. exactly your sig pic..lol..
Use 3/4 recommended dose on cal/mag and wait a week..
But put up that epsom salt in the bathroom imo..lol
I recommend cutting the cal/mag after 40 days of flower too

IMHO, that's not a calmag issue, certainly doesn't have the classic symptoms. It looks like a touch of nute burn. The leaves are very dark green, and shiny/waxy maybe a little heavy on the N. What nutes are you using, at what level/frequency?

Edit: Since you're using R/O water you do need to add calmag at the FF recommended dose. A flush could be necessary at some point ,if you're using synthetic nutes

Nice, and I agree with you other then the Epsom salt my friend unless you are in organic soil (subcool) but he does not need anymore Mg. Let's take that off the table and only use something controllable which would be cal/mag.. exactly your sig pic..lol..
Use 3/4 recommended dose on cal/mag and wait a week..
But put up that epsom salt in the bathroom imo..lol
I recommend cutting the cal/mag after 40 days of flower too
@GainesvilleGreen you start off stating that plant does not need any more Magnesium, then you recommend 3/4 dose of Cal-Mag,:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

From looking at the pictures she's way overfed. 1tsp per gallon of water Epsom is your main problem which in turn will increase uptake of N causing even more lockouts.

0.5-1g per gallon is recommended for Epsom, not 5g per gallon. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom