Cal-mag deficiency flushing

Grow AZ

I’ve read a bit on here about flushing the soil for a cal-mag deficiency. Would I flush with pure RO water then do a watering with cal-mag in it or do you flush with RO and mag-cal? If it’s not a real bad deficiency can I just add in some cal-mag to my nutrient mix? I found a bottle of Fox Farms Cal-Mag at my local nursery mis-priced for $9.00! So that’s what I’ll be using. Thanks

I’ve read a bit on here about flushing the soil for a cal-mag deficiency. Would I flush with pure RO water then do a watering with cal-mag in it or do you flush with RO and mag-cal? If it’s not a real bad deficiency can I just add in some cal-mag to my nutrient mix? I found a bottle of Fox Farms Cal-Mag at my local nursery mis-priced for $9.00! So that’s what I’ll be using. Thanks
If you’re growing in coco that’s above my pay grade but if you’re growing in soil I just started using cal-mag and.35 grams of epsom in a gl. of water with Prescription Blend and fed till runoff. CL🍀

Welcome to 420 @Grow AZ

Flushing with plain tap water is to clear any synthetic fertilizer salts building up in the soil
If you have a CaMg def, just add the bottled stuff to your water
thanks
If you’re growing in coco that’s above my pay grade but if you’re growing in soil I just started using cal-mag and.35 grams of epsom in a gl. of water with Prescription Blend and fed till runoff. CL🍀
I’ve been using epsom salt in my mix once a week but thought I would give an actual cal-mag product a try. I’ll post back later and say if I noticed a difference. Thanks

Welcome to 420 @Grow AZ

Flushing with plain tap water is to clear any synthetic fertilizer salts building up in the soil
If you have a CaMg def, just add the bottled stuff to your water
But if you water/feed to runoff daily then would you have a salt buildup? CL🍀

1 Tbsp/gallon of RO
Oh my man that’s way too much epsom. I would definitely flush with a gl. of water and then start on the Cal-Mag. I’m not familiar with the brand you’re using but maybe my Sensei @InTheShed can direct on the optimal amount. CL🍀

Couple things my friend.
Sounds like you could be overwatering your plants locking out cal/mag because either too high or low PH.
I wouldn't flush but really go by "wet/dry" cycle and add cal/mag with nutrients until runoff everytime. Buy you a PH meter and ppm meter for your city water.
You have to know your pH my friend if you're in soilless soil.
Also, maybe buy a filter for your tap water to kill some of the ppms if it's high.
3mls top dress/or gal water until desolve once a month won't hurt anything like CL mentioned

Couple things my friend.
Sounds like you could be overwatering your plants locking out cal/mag because either too high or low PH.
I wouldn't flush but really go by "wet/dry" cycle and add cal/mag with nutrients until runoff everytime. Buy you a PH meter and ppm meter for your city water.
You have to know your pH my friend if you're in soilless soil.
Also, maybe buy a filter for your tap water to kill some of the ppms if it's high.
3mls top dress/or gal water until desolve once a month won't hurt anything like CL mentioned
I use RO water and it gets down to 5ppm’s and I PH my water after nutrients to about 6.3 for all of my feedings. I water when my plants weight is light but the plant isn’t wilting at all. Tends to be every 3 days. Does this all sound correct? Thanks

I use RO water and it gets down to 5ppm’s and I PH my water after nutrients to about 6.3 for all of my feedings. I water when my plants weight is light but the plant isn’t wilting at all. Tends to be every 3 days. Does this all sound correct? Thanks
Coco or soil? CL🍀

Flush to correct a "Cal-Mag" deficiency? That sounds very contra productive. You may correct a pH imbalance with flushing by correcting a salt buildup from overfeeding and as a result making Ca and Mg more available for uptake.

But it's not a permanent fix for anything really. If you need to flush to correct an issue you've already overfed. It's better to flush with a light nutrient solution since it draws more salts than pure water or RO from the medium. Good luck!

Flush to correct a "Cal-Mag" deficiency? That sounds very contra productive. You may correct a pH imbalance with flushing by correcting a salt buildup from overfeeding.

But it's not a permanent fix for anything really. If you need to flush to correct an issue you've already overfed. It's better to flush with a light nutrient solution since it draws more salts than pure water or RO from the medium. Good luck!
I wasn’t saying to flush for a deficiency but for a probable lockout from using so much epsom. No I wouldn’t flush for a deficiency either. Happy growing. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom