Can Anyone Diagnose This?

Legend

Hello guys, this is my first growth and I am sort of learning as the plants grows. The plant is currently entering it's second week of flowering. It was rootbound the first week of flowering so I transplanted it to a 5 gallon pale bucket. The next few days the plant was droopy; after much research and diagnostics, I realized the temperature when the lights were off (17C) was too cold and thus caused the leafs to droop. Here's a picture of the plant three days ago.
20160104214024.jpg

Around the same time I took that picture, I realized the leafs were getting fragile and crisp. They were also forming into a canoe shape. At first I thought it was a heat issue, but the top leafs aren't showing any signs of heat stress. Here are some pictures:

20160106233958.jpg
20160106233942.jpg
20160106233909.jpg

Strain: Sativa
Vegetative: Nov. 23 to Dec. 23 (18/6)
Veg Light: 400 watt MH

Flowering: Dec. 23 - Present (12/12)
Flowering Light: 400 watt HPS

Any ideas?

Looks like a heat stress..Maybe light too close or Temprature in room raised a bit without you noticing it...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Humidity is usually around 40%-60%, it has dropped as low as 35% sometimes.

The pale bucket does have drainage holes, there's no issue with watering.

The light is about 1.5 feet away from the plant, and wouldn't heat stress cause the top leafs to curl? The tops leafs are all healthy and there's absolutely no signs of heat stress there.

There's a new issue...I just transplanted this plant into a 5 gallon pale bucket...it's entering its third week of flowering and it's now rootbounding. The roots are coming out from the drainage holes...what should I do??

You said it was root-bound... That looks like a root problem, but it may need some time to recover. Low 60's is not too low. Below 60 will cause problems but I would lean more towards your earlier root problem... They should start to improve shortly. The cupped leaves will likely not recover but the new growth should show a big improvement...

You said it was root-bound... That looks like a root problem, but it may need some time to recover. Low 60's is not too low. Below 60 will cause problems but I would lean more towards your earlier root problem... They should start to improve shortly. The cupped leaves will likely not recover but the new growth should show a big improvement...

I transplanted maybe a week ago from 3 gallons to 5 gallons...and today I noticed roots coming out of drainage holes...what do you think I should do? Will this stunt growth?

good call! didn't even think of that.

I wouldn't stress seeing some roots showing. If you're in 5's (which is what most use) they should be fine. Have you noticed any problems with the new growth? Where is your PH? PH-ing the water is crucial when growing! More problems stem from not having the proper PH than any other issue!!! Are you using any nutrients and if so what and how much? Post some new pics...

Back
Top Bottom