Can anyone identify what type of strain or plant this is?

PK

My apologies ahead of time if this is in the wrong section.
I was wondering if anyone know what type of plant, strain or weed i've got it on my main journal.

No, doesnt work like that. Ask the breeder (who might only know half the story) or have a (cannabis) lab that specializes in it do genetic testing.

No, doesnt work like that. Ask the breeder (who might only know half the story) or have a (cannabis) lab that specializes in it do genetic testing.
no breeder. It was from a stash i saved up. Lab sounds expansive!

With genetics today. It is a guessing game of what all genetics are in known strains. Unknown bag seed plants will never be able to be identified. Even with lab work t would say what it had in it. Not what combination they were put in or what the strain would be.

Every seed is a individual. You never really know what they will be till they grow up. That is why people buy genetics. That way they have a better idea of what they are going to get.

Even with lab work t would say what it had in it. Not what combination they were put in or what the strain would be.

Not yet completely false - but not nearly as true as it once was. Apparently.

not a forum advertiser said:
What cannabis sequencing can do for you

Cannabis sequencing can help you:

• Unlock the mystery of your cannabis strains to assess stability and uniqueness.
  • Determine closest relatives, clonal relationships, population origin, and ancestral links among your plants.
  • Reduce variety and unpredictability in subsequent generations of plants you produce.
  • Cultivate new, stable, unique strains with the beneficial traits you value most.
  • Understand how to cross certain plants to get shorter grow times and larger harvests.
  • Take advantage of physical structure to create a variety suited to grow in a specific environment.
  • Protect yourself against false patent claims and other legal controversies that may arise.
  • Gather promotional information for marketing materials to highlight what makes your product special.
  • Confirm your beliefs with scientific fact and make more informed business decisions.

A company like phylosbioscience can tell ya what the genetic make up is. Pricey to get the results. Just a peek at the start of the Mango strain information, Screenshot_2020-10-25-06-54-39-1.png

what did it cost you to get that results @Patient puffer
Also, their not based in canada so i assume mailing it would be difficult?

I have not used them. They were presented by the owner of another site i am still at. It's interesting but i doubt it's any thing i would ever use. I believe the fee is >$200. If i had $200 laying around, i would get a good LED grow light. ;) ...nah. I would take my family out to dinner or something.

phylosbioscience

should be avoided. Company founders planned from day one to be acquired by a big corporation. To that end, they invited a Dow/DuPont VP to join their outfit. Pretty much admitted to all the "regular folks' " fears in a video they pitched to the corporate world. Collected at least 2,000 genetic samples from people... then announced that they were going to start breeding cannabis. To all the existing breeders that they previously told, unequivocally, that they'd never do this, well, it's a shame you weren't paranoid enough to record those phone calls turns out that they didn't actually tell you that after all :rolleyes: .

If you ask them, they'll tell you that they absolutely did not steal any of your genetic material. And they only required a little piece of stem to do their genetic testing.

<SHRUGS> Depends on just "how dead" those samples were. A dry stem, with no living cells left? Or a fresh one (or nearly so)? Mom has pulled not-fresh (but not dried/dead) plant material out of her trash can and grown plants from it, after it spent time in her refrigerator while she slowly consumed whatever it was (onion/celery/etc.), thrown the tag-end away... and then decided to see if she could grow something from it a day or two later. And she doesn't have a (multi?) million dollar lab facility and a bunch of scientists. So I'm going to be... skeptical.

I did nothing wr— wait, did you see me do something wrong? No? Okay, then I did nothing wrong.

Robert C. Clarke said:
This short message marks my resignation from the Phylos Bioscience Scientific Advisory Board. In recent weeks it has become increasingly apparent that we no longer share the same research goals, and I am very sorry it worked out this way for all concerned.

I support Cannabis science on many fronts, and I will continue to push Cannabis science into the forefront. Exploring and understanding the genome are key steps in realizing the great potentials of Cannabis and many other crop plants. Those who believe in progressive science accept that the study of inheritance is important to the future of developing successful cultivars, and that genomics offers extremely valuable tools. Research concerning the Cannabis plant has largely been ignored by governments and in turn academic institutions, and the responsibility for cannabis-related R&D now lies firmly within the private business sector. Businesses aim to make profits, and this core motive will drive cannabis science for the foreseeable future.

Members of our cannabis community chose various paths in relation to Phylos Bioscience. My decision to engage was based on scientific interest. Many of us assumed that Phylos would follow its somewhat predictable economic path towards becoming a variety breeding company and nursery. Therefore, I did not supply the company with live seeds, as live seeds were not needed for its phylogenetic research anyway. Others chose a different path and intentionally aligned themselves with Phylos, providing the company with their cherished varieties with the hope of assisting it with commercial cultivar selections and eventual breeding projects. Others formed differing relationships all with the best of intentions, just trying to do the right thing.

Then, Phylos changed its public face and insulted the community whose trust it had garnered by suddenly providing duplicitous explanations of its varied intents. Its actions raised simple questions: “Is Phylos working for me, the boutique grower, by protecting my hard-won heritage with their Galaxy? Or, do they have a hidden agenda?”

Ricky (former Phylos employee) said:
There were perhaps twenty people gathered to hear me speak. For a noon slot, not too bad. All the same, it was my first time giving The Pitch for Phylos Bioscience, and I psyched myself up through a buzzing chest as best I could. Fairbanks Alaska in July is a land without night; having spent the previous evening watching the sun through my hotel window as it barely dipped below the horizon only to creep back up from its catnap an hour later, I was a bit edgier than perhaps I should have been. I stiffened, walked up to the podium, clumsily fiddled with the microphone, had a deep breath and jumped right in. This was my moment, after all. I smiled.

The Script

“Hello, folks! Hope everybody’s had a pleasant morning. My name is Ricky, and I’m here today from Phylos Bioscience.”

Many of you in the grower and breeder communities who are reading this met me under exactly these circumstances. I smiled at you, shook your hand. I answered your questions with austerity and confidence, gained your trust, followed up on the phone, shared laughs and grow stories, tragedies and drug war nightmares. And I even fulfilled your orders for the Phylos Genotype kit, compiling a vast blueprint of your genetics and charting them in the Galaxy, the largest genomic map of cannabis worldwide.

I reassured you time and again, hundreds of times daily: “We are not out to steal your work. We are here to help you protect it, to prove prior art. We’re a different type of cannabis company. We fucking hate Monsanto. We fucking hate Monsanto. We fucking hate…” and on and on.

The Flip

Within the last three weeks, a side of the company has come to public light that calls all of this into question. What I helped build was merely a pawn for a horribly different endgame. I helped build an unparalleled data set of the cannabis genome, paid for by an eager public, to help the company build barriers to entry for anyone else who breeds. I helped establish my employers in a dominant and unfair competitive position for this new venture with an eye towards becoming the industry’s number one acquisition target for Big Ag.

And in the end: I am so, so sorry to you all. I genuinely believed I was doing the right thing. I’ve never believed more deeply in what I was doing, nor been bamboozled so fully.
Former Phylos Bioscience Employee Sheds Light on Breeding Controversy | High Times

thx guys. I'm sure with few characteristics we can figure it out somehow. lol

Only Grow Journals are moved when completed or abandoned. Questions are left in place to help all future guests and members. :thanks:
this grow was completed and we found out it was a hybrid sativa :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom