can overflow from feed be reused to save waste and money

Whitehotdog

Hi i'm currently growing in coco and when watering i feed so it drips through the pots and at the moment throw overflow away .but could the overflow be reused again the save on waste and money on feed .
Or would they be issues with ph etc ...

O used to throw my used nutrients solution on my order vegetable garden. Just tried to extension what I thought had been consumed by the dope plants, ad some of it, then antsy the pH to what they required.

Yes you can certainly set it up as a recirculating system. @Pennywise and many others have done that before.

The problems you end up with are the same as deep water culture. No way of knowing what your npk ratio is after a few days. Have to regularly adjust pH depending on if the plants are eating or drinking faster. If one plant gets a root infection they are much more likely to all catch it because your recirculating that water through all of them.

I just run mine out to the veggie garden

I toss it. I figure it contains salt that remains after the plants have take up the N-P-K.

I figure you must not understand the term nutrient salts, lol. What do you think you've been feeding your dope plants?

Back
Top Bottom