Can you make a new strain breeding females only?

TheRoach

Is it possible to make a new strain using females only?
I would like to try crossing a couple nice females I have for the purpose of making feminized seed.
I have pure silver bars, distilled water and a 9v battery laying around so I can make colloidal silver for the feminization process.
Have been growing my own cross of Northern lights x Mexican Sativa x Critical +, I have a very frosty and hardy phenotype that I have been using for a while and would like to try a self cross but I only have female clones.
I always see people comment against doing it but no one has been able to give an explanation on why it is bad to try crossing usng females only.
What do you guys think?

The plants I will use do not come from feminized seed, but rather regular seed grown and then selected for females.
Has anyone tried back crossing seed from female crosses, and if it is true you get a higher chance of hermies, how many crosses of feminized seed you will need before it becomes evident?

Sadly all I see in the net is people talking about their opinions, with zero information to back their claims.
Can you take a regular female, back cross it with itself, and then take the best plant from the seed to cross it with the mother and continue doing it with each subsequent generation, as you would with a regular male x female cross.
Why would it increase chances for hermies if the original plant never hermied unless you applied colloidal silver?

I Think your best to invest in a 10pk of good seeds of a strain you like and start from there to breed F2's. and spray your F3's with colloidal silver..

Don't get seeds w/o pollen, so either the Colloidal Silver or a Male only options that I'm aware of (well ok or force it to Hermie, but I think that a bad idea/option).

Back
Top Bottom