Canadian Growers Group & Friends

This is only my second bunch of cobs. I unpacked a small piece after a month and have smoked it a couple of times with a couple observations. It is defiantly a milder smoke and the high is appears stronger however ea. of my cobs was made up of approx. 28 grams of 3 day dried buds so though they are smallish they are very compacted material so when grinding it up it expands a lot but still very concentrated material when smoked. So the amount smoked in a joint is probably a lot more than I usually roll of cured pot. I also seem to only smoke 1/2 a joint of the Cob at a time as it seems to hit me pretty quick and strong. I have read that you can use it like chewing tobacco so I tried a small piece but the taste is not to my liking so it was spit out. This variety I used this time was some sort of a Indica and looking forward to trying one of ACE seeds Saliva's next spring. I have another variety getting finished under lights now and it looks not bad but I haven't decided if I will turn it into Cobs or not yet.....
Explanation of Cobbing

I accidently linked to the last page, here's the first page with a description of the cobbing process, incidently Tangwena is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet on any cannabis site, this Australian guy is a real gem of a person and answers all questions, his thread on this site and the other major cannabis site is one of the most interesting I've ever come across:

I can't see myself making cobs but find it interesting. It was never called cobs but I remember when folks use to bury weed so it would sweat ............ theory was that it would turn lead into gold ........ more like gag a maggot. Done properly I can see it being a treat. Getting the tail end Ida today, 40 to 60 mm of rain and 100 in some areas. Have a good one!

A few pics of my wagon girls. In the shed July 27th, first sign of bud Aug 7th.
Aug 17th
Aug 17 outdoor 2717.JPG

The one on the left has started to turn dark from the middle out
Bud Aug 17 2721.JPG

And one shot from yesterday Aug 21
Aug 21 outdoor 2732.JPG

They've been showering all day today.

There's somekind weird damage going on, this is the third time I've seen this this the first 2 being on the left plant and this time it's on the right plant.
Damaged Aug 21 2734.JPG

I'm also dealing with mold and or PM issues I've been spraying alcohol & water but I don't think that's gonna cut it. We tried to order some sulfur pellets yesterday - won't ship to my location... I'll have to look to see if I can find a source for that or work on airflow in the shed or both.

I know nothing about growing in dirt to be honest, I've been feeding them my runoff all summer. Once I flipped them to bloom I've given them 5g/gal mega crop twice then yesterday they got water with 1tblsp/gal of Epsom salt. I think I'll dig up some old Emerald Harvest bloom nutes I've somewhere for the next feeding in 3 or 4 days more or less.

Variety unknown (they are from seed though) dirt unknown other than from the hardware store with some horse manure on top. They weren't my plants to begin with but the neighbor has been helping his father on the farm all summer so I've been tending them.

Take care
Bob, check out pytoplasma in cannabis,it might be the darkening in the bud.

Bob, check out pytoplasma in cannabis,it might be the darkening in the bud.
New one to me, I'll have to have a look into that, thanks.

The day after I posted those pics the other one started turning purple from the leaf tips and moving towards the center. The one turning purple from the center out does not look right to me you may have something there. IMO it's just too dark to be right.

Question for my fellow Canucks (Newfoundland) and everyone else Should I be trimming off everything from the bud/cola down? I never have before and most of my grows have started to come along really well lately. But I see pics/posts where the bottom of the branches have been stripped only leaving a few large leaves near the upper 3/4 of the branch, along with the foliage around the bud being kept. Is this going to enhance the cola that much? Enough to justify stripping away other branches with smaller buds on them?
I wanted to scrog this girl but couldn’t find my netting so I’ve made some spreader sticks to at least let in as much light as possible. Also trying to even the “top” all around.
For reference She’s a Blueberry auto from Coastal Mary. Sprouted July 28.
Thoughts? Thanks everyone!

27E57DEC-DCA5-4BF4-A127-31E7D21E9172.jpeg

59DBA2DF-D2FA-4500-81F7-9FD1D421197B.jpeg

image.jpg

The wagonetts today Sept 3.
Sept 3 2753.JPG

A shot of the strange one.
Sept 3 2755.JPG

So I tried with flash... at which point I decide that I should just step away from da camera...
Sept 3 2758.jpg

That purple one don't look right to me I'll have to research dis phytoplasma in cannabis.

I did a bug check yesterday... ya I got em... got all of them I tink. Rain finally stopped PM is back. Plates expire in 7 days I best make a trip to the city soon I'll be homebound until mid Nov.

These girls look to me like they're shutting down, new growth is minimal IMO. Too bad they were stacking up beautifully.
Fed bloom food twice and watered today. I've been watering every 4 or 5 days.

FWIW I do much appreciate the tips, thanks again.

Question for my fellow Canucks (Newfoundland) and everyone else Should I be trimming off everything from the bud/cola down? I never have before and most of my grows have started to come along really well lately. But I see pics/posts where the bottom of the branches have been stripped only leaving a few large leaves near the upper 3/4 of the branch, along with the foliage around the bud being kept. Is this going to enhance the cola that much? Enough to justify stripping away other branches with smaller buds on them?
I wanted to scrog this girl but couldn’t find my netting so I’ve made some spreader sticks to at least let in as much light as possible. Also trying to even the “top” all around.

image.jpg
clean off the bottom 6 inches completely ..

indoors you will have useless buds down here .. u can move up as the plant grows..

The wagonetts today Sept 3.
Sept 3 2753.JPG

A shot of the strange one.
Sept 3 2755.JPG

So I tried with flash... at which point I decide that I should just step away from da camera...
Sept 3 2758.jpg

That purple one don't look right to me I'll have to research dis phytoplasma in cannabis.

I did a bug check yesterday... ya I got em... got all of them I tink. Rain finally stopped PM is back. Plates expire in 7 days I best make a trip to the city soon I'll be homebound until mid Nov.

These girls look to me like they're shutting down, new growth is minimal IMO. Too bad they were stacking up beautifully.
ob
just posting some pics, i love visual stimulation too

Beautiful looking buds, Bob outdoor cannabis at its finest.

image.jpg
Looks a little late now for any lollipopping or supercropping. You should do this next grow. I do have a video of you tho... This will change your game.

Cannabis Super-Cropping: Kyle Kushman's "Chiropractic" Plant Training Method / Green Flower​

I did this on my first grow.. You can look at results on my journal here. I also did this on my current grow... Journal is at Growdaddy.tv

Looks a little late now for any lollipopping or supercropping. You should do this next grow. I do have a video of you tho... This will change your game.

Cannabis Super-Cropping: Kyle Kushman's "Chiropractic" Plant Training Method / Green Flower​

I did this on my first grow.. You can look at results on my journal here. I also did this on my current grow... Journal is at Growdaddy.tv
Thanks! Do you think it’s also too late to remove the lower sucker/non helpful branches?

Thanks! Do you think it’s also too late to remove the lower sucker/non helpful branches?
I wouldn't remove a leaf. I don't think you could hurt your top buds by removing suckers at this point. Those lower buds won't be worth much, and top buds could get denser and maybe larger. Just don't remove any more leaves. I personally would. I wouldn't remove branch with leaf just bud site.

I wouldn't remove a leaf. I don't think you could hurt your top buds by removing suckers at this point. Those lower buds won't be worth much, and top buds could get denser and maybe larger. Just don't remove any more leaves. I personally would. I wouldn't remove branch with leaf just bud site.
Thanks a bunch.

About all i do is remove leaves but like the plants that result from pruning and training. My only concern is with opening up the plants vascular system so often with pruning. It sure is an invitation to all kinds of pathogens. I often wonder how many get passed off as nutrient problems?

I WOULD REMOVE LEAF OR LEAVES FROM MARIJUANA ANYTIME ..

My two plants are flowering well. They're regs and the product of backwoods breeding for early maturation and high thc. Problem is pm and gray mold can happen anytime now in Atlantic Canada, Charliewaffles knows. I'm bringing them in soon so they can finish.

20210905_105637.jpg

they wont be to happy about being put indoors but you get a crop.. nice looking plants ..

Back
Top Bottom