Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I put these buggers into flower 2 weeks prior to outside. The Cafe Racer strain is a 10-12 week flower. Will super-top them in 10 days and dry the rest 2 weeks later. I am trimming my next 2 quads alot more for the next flower. Had to use hangers.
IMG_20220914_1week 8.jpg

Fortunately, I foliar sprayed and soil drenched my cedar hedges this year and they grew a foot so anyone driving by my corner house will not see my monsters. I super-topped my 2 by the fence 18 inches a month ago and they still hit 10 feet.
Next year will plant 6 weeks later (mid-June) and have my missus sow my 30 gallon fabrics an inch off each side and bottom. Yet managed to frame and slightly scrog them fairly well with sheet-metal framing. It rained like cats and dogs the other day and they held up nicely. And the eight cola's that I topped were put into pots and are all budding... YAY! :slide:
IMG_20220913_182114_.jpg

The small plant to the right was seeded at the same time, 4th of April. She was an indoor untill I moved 2 of three to flower. Only room for 2 so as the weakest, she went oiutside. I doubt if I can yield 1/4 of her outside sisters.

Azimuth convinced me to try SIP's. I've seen the results and am impressed. It will also save me alot of back pain stooping over.

I started making them from sheet-metal and 1/4 inch chicken wire. Have the feeder hose and drainage tube. Waiting for the caulking to dry after second coat. Tested the retainers in the sink by filling with water overnight, all is good.
This is how I started it. The pot fit into the retainer like poppa into mama. :)
IMG_20220914_104749_resized_20220914_113232283.jpg
IMG_20220914..jpg

I love trying new stuff and 420 people are giving me a shit-load of learning. Looking forward to see my phase ll of my perpetual grow go into flower.

Cheers!

I went to a museum in Spain today and learned the early Arab inhabitants known as Moors or their own preferred name the Mudajars (mu da hars) liked their saunas hot and smoked cannabis in pipes to unwind. Here is a pic of a pipe bowl and a cleaning tool found in a town called Jerez de la Frontera where the Mudajars lived for hundreds of years. All of this predates Columbus discovering the New World by at least 200 years. I would love to have some of the seeds they grew their plants from. My guess is it is probably similar to Moroccan because that's where they came from originally. By the way the cleaning tool looks like it would work well. Ain't history fun.

Screenshot_20220302-182944.png

If you go to the Alhambra Museum, you can see a spectacularly beautiful collection of pipes, both from the Caliphate period and the later Taifas' Emirates-Kingdoms.

One correction; I think you are confusing local "geographic/racial/social" names, and I think you are confusing Mudejar with Muladi:
Arab (from the Arabian Peninsula) is not a Moor; Moor is the native of Central and West of North Africa (from the Atlantic to Tunisia, from the Sahel to the Mediterranean). And a Mudejar was a Muslim (of any race or origin) born and/or living in the territory of a Hispanic Christian kingdom because it had been conquered from Islamic Hispania. Mudejar means: "one who has been allowed to stay" (in a Christian territory, without being expelled to the Muslim side, it is understood).

The Muslim population of Islamic Hispania was immense and mostly local, converts from Christianity of the earlier Roman and Visigothic eras; they were called Muladis, to differentiate them from the Arab (Arabs, Yemenis and Syrians), and Moorish-Berber (from Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Western Sahara, or Mauritania, mainly) minorities.

Nice sheet metal work! I got these years ago at Canadian Tire marked way down, nobody was buying them. They are great for organics and all 3 can go in one pot. Life saver if I forget to water!

20220917_184928.jpg
Thanks, Odjob!
Poifect! Good thing nobody knew their worth at the time.
Do they go into 2 gallon pots?
I will just love the fact that I will be stooping alot less to water.

If you go to the Alhambra Museum, you can see a spectacularly beautiful collection of pipes, both from the Caliphate period and the later Taifas' Emirates-Kingdoms.

One correction; I think you are confusing local "geographic/racial/social" names, and I think you are confusing Mudejar with Muladi:
Arab (from the Arabian Peninsula) is not a Moor; Moor is the native of Central and West of North Africa (from the Atlantic to Tunisia, from the Sahel to the Mediterranean). And a Mudejar was a Muslim (of any race or origin) born and/or living in the territory of a Hispanic Christian kingdom because it had been conquered from Islamic Hispania. Mudejar means: "one who has been allowed to stay" (in a Christian territory, without being expelled to the Muslim side, it is understood).

The Muslim population of Islamic Hispania was immense and mostly local, converts from Christianity of the earlier Roman and Visigothic eras; they were called Muladis, to differentiate them from the Arab (Arabs, Yemenis and Syrians), and Moorish-Berber (from Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Western Sahara, or Mauritania, mainly) minorities.
Thank you friend, I went to the Alhambra but did not see the collection of pipes you speak about. Too bad that, I would have liked to see them, I guess I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the Alhambra and missed that display. The Moors I spoke of living in Jerez were from North Africa I believe. You obviously know very much about these people and I thank you and appreciate your correction. Now thanks to you I know the Mudejars living in the Iberian peninsula came from other regions as well.
Cheers!

Thank you friend, I went to the Alhambra but did not see the collection of pipes you speak about. Too bad that, I would have liked to see them, I guess I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the Alhambra and missed that display. The Moors I spoke of living in Jerez were from North Africa I believe. You obviously know very much about these people and I thank you and appreciate your correction. Now thanks to you I know the Mudejars living in the Iberian peninsula came from other regions as well.
Cheers!

What I mean is that to be a Mudejar you had to be a Muslim [of any "ethnic origin", Muladi, Moorish-Berber or Arab, but born on any part of Hispania (Spain and Portugal), whether Islamic or Christian, but living in the Christian part] living on the Christian side, where it was very difficult to get and consume cannabis.
As for the population of North African origin, it may seem surprising now, but they were (I speak in general) the ones who most opposed and rejected the use of cannabis in Islamic Hispania, as their Islam was much more "radical-integrist-exclusionary" than the local one. In fact, when this minority rose to power in the Almoravid and Almohad periods, consumption was persecuted as never before in Islamic Hispania. And after that time, there are some writings from North African Islamic states criticising this consumption in Islamic Hispania (called al-Andalus; not to be confused with the current Andalusia).
As I mentioned previously, it was the majority Muladi (or "native origin") population that consumed the most cannabis; in the same way that the production and consumption of wine was common, something unthinkable in the rest of the Islamic world.

A real pleasure to be able to discuss these issues with you.
Cheers!

Caliphate & Nasrid period smoking pipes :

1663483357294.png

Although the use of hashish or cannabis was religiously forbidden in al-Andalus, its consumption must have been very common, judging by the smoking pipes from this period that have come down to us. It is not known when it began to be consumed, although there are some examples of pipes from the Caliphate period, such as those preserved in the Archaeological and Ethnological Museum of Córdoba, like this example in the shape of a ship's prow found in Espejo or this other vessel-shaped pipe found in a street in Córdoba.
In the Nasrid period, between the 13th and 15th centuries, it is known with certainty that pipe-smoking was commonplace, as is shown by the increasing number of examples preserved in relation to earlier periods. This is also attested to by the accounts of figures of the period, such as the religious figure Ibn Jamis Muhammad al-Ruayni, or the writers Ibn 'Asim al-Gharnati and Ibn al-Khatib, who mention this subject. The latter refers to some places in Granada during the reign of Sultan Muhammad VI in which hashish was consumed. In this article we discuss the smoking pipes in the Museum of the Alhambra and, specifically, the specimens that can be seen in Room VII of the permanent exhibition. Hispano-Muslim smoking pipes vary widely, from simple spherical bowl shapes to pipes with more complex exterior decoration. In general, however, they all follow a very similar pattern, changing in shape, size or decoration, but maintaining the same structure. Generally speaking, they can be divided into two parts: a burner or bowl, which is the part where the substance to be smoked was burnt; and a mouthpiece, a conduit that served as a draught and where the mouthpiece was fitted. The mouthpiece would be quite thin, judging by the thickness of the mouthpiece, and would end in a truncated cone shape, which makes it easier to suck through it. These mouthpieces would have been made of an organic material, possibly wood or reed, for which there is no archaeological evidence.
1663483595438.png

What stands out about these pipes is that they are small in size and fundamentally made in a mold, with different pre-established models that are repeated in different archaeological contexts throughout the peninsular geography with hardly any variation, which tells us either of an export of these molds or of the existence of a trade of pipes that were sold to some places and to others from the same production centers. In a large part of the preserved pieces, their use is perfectly evident, since in the area of the bowl there are blackened areas as a result of smoke.
1663483712686.png

typologies are very different and varied. Various examples can be found in the collection of the Alhambra Museum, such as:

• Geometric shapes : they correspond to one of the most widespread models, and the most abundant in the Alhambra Museum's collection. It is made up of simple geometric structures, in some cases with more rounded shapes and in other cases more angular. There are examples of both glazed and unglazed pieces, and with different decorative finishes.
    • Zoomorphic forms : they respond to animal figures, such as the lion-shaped examples preserved in the museum's collection.
    • Figurative forms: there are also other types of pipes that reproduce figurative elements, the most abundant being the forms of boats that, in addition to the collection of the Alhambra Museum, can be seen in pipes that appeared in other places and from different chronologies.

Some examples of the pipes in the collection of the Alhambra Museum:

• Pipe with vegetal decoration In this pipe, with forceful geometric shapes, the two parts that compose it are perfectly distinguished: the circular bowl, which is inscribed with a rectangular prism and that perfectly demonstrates the use given by the remains of black burning; and the triangular mouthpiece in which the reed is inserted and which connects with the bowl to act as a shot. The decoration is made based on curved stems with leaves that curl around the piece. These motifs are reproduced on the sides, the front, the rear and the mouth of the tank. Five incised circles have also been added to the diagonal cut of the embouchure. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.003-1024x768.jpg
    • Pipe with stamped decoration Another example of a pipe with geometric shapes is this specimen with a flat base and a circular bowl, stained black as a result of use. The stamped decoration based on bands of rhomboid shapes stands out in this piece. In the part of the bowl, the arrangement of this decorative band is horizontal. The mouthpiece where the mouthpiece is inserted also has a band, but in a vertical direction, surrounding the piece except for the base. It is accompanied by other minor incisions, also arranged in bands, on the diamonds or bordering them. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.002-1024x768.jpg
    • Glazed pipe with a lion 's head . Among the pipes in the Alhambra Museum there are also examples of glazed pieces, such as this pipe with a greenish glaze and a very marked angled structure. The bowl has a deep circular section deposit that communicates with the mouthpiece. The decoration consists of a series of moldings at different levels that follow the geometric shape of the pipe . In the frontal part it presents a head of a lion. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.006-1024x768.jpg
    • Lion shaped pipe. Pipe that represents a lion in a round shape and with molasses glaze. The circular and deep bowl is located on the animal's head, while the mouthpiece into which the mouthpiece was inserted is at the rear. The figure represents a lying lion but with its head raised and turned to one side. In this way, one of the sides of the pipe presents the face of the lion, while the other shows the mane. The face of the lion, its extremities, the mane and even the tail are detailed. Chronology: XV-XVI centuries.
      pipas-fumar.001-1024x768.jpg
    • Shoe-shaped pipe. Unglazed molded pipe in the shape of a shoe with incised decoration. The bowl is deep and has a vertical octagonal shape, with a circular curved duct in which the mouthpiece was inserted. The fact that this pipe was used is evidenced by the blackish stains, a consequence of exposure to fire, which it presents both inside the bowl and in the adjoining outside area. In addition to the shape of the piece itself, the pipe is decorated with incised lines: parallel lines interspersed with five-pointed stars, smaller parallel lines and tiny triangles. Below the top edge of the pipe runs a band with segments of horizontal lines arranged in a row. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.004-1024x768.jpg
    • boat shaped pipe. It represents one of the most widespread models of smoking pipes and which, through the preserved specimens, is known to have been used since the Caliphate period. This Nasrid pipe from the Alhambra Museum is made of unglazed ceramic. The nozzle orifice is located in the stern part, from there part in the union conduit with the bowl that is located in the central part of the ship. The details with which the mold of the ship has been made stand out from the piece, differentiating the hull from the deck. The narrower hull is decorated with jagged diagonal lines and the deck rises like a cabin with three small windows on each side that serve to locate the hashish deposit. Incised lines have been drawn on the stern deck as a grid. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.005-1024x768.jpg
These pieces have been found in the different excavations of the Alhambra. For a long time they were considered pieces of little value, which meant that they were not registered and on occasions they were simply stored together with fragments and different objects also considered secondary. Luis Seco de Lucena mentions these pipes in an article in La Tribuna from April 1914, which shows a first interest in pieces that until now had not been taken into account. The study, catalog and publication of the Alhambra Museum pipe collection by Dr. Purification Marinetto made the Alhambra Museum pipes known. Since then, there have been various studies that have focused on this type of pieces and that can be consulted in the bibliography for more information on this subject.
pipas-fumar.009.jpg

BIBLIOGRAPHY : ARANDA LINARES, MªC.: Hashish pipes from the province of Cádiz . Proceedings of the International Congress "The Strait of Gibraltar", Ceuta, 1987, Vol. 2, 1988 (History of the Middle Ages). pp. 205-214. LOZANO, I.: Three Arab Treaties on Cannabis Indica. Texts for the History of Hashish in Islamic Societies. S. XIII-XVI . Madrid. Spanish Agency for International Cooperation. 1990. MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.: Game and recreation. Living in al-Andalus. Ceramic exhibition (S. IX-XV). Almería: Institute of Almerienses Studies, 1993. P. 261. MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.. Pipas. Islamic art in Granada. Proposal for a Museum of the Alhambra.Granada: Comares, 1995. Pp. 481-482. MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.; TKOTZ, M. Clay whistles. Treasures of the Alhambra, Islamic Kunts from Andalusia. Milano: Skira, 1995. Pp. 270-271

MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.: Study and catalog of a collection of smoking pipes, Homage to prof Jacinto Bosch Villa, II. Granada: University of Granada, Department of Semitic Studies, 1991. pp. 1005-1030.

SECO DE LUCENA, L.: The National Monuments. The Alhambra is saved. Archaeological Investigations, La Tribuna, April 1914. VALDES FERNÁNDEZ, F.: Approach to the Origins of the Consumption of Hasis al-Andalus . Studies in Medieval History and Archaeology, 3-4, 1984. Pp. 141-1 VALDES FERNANDEZ, F.: More hasis Studies in Medieval History and Archaeology, IX, 1993. Pp. 289-2[/b]

What I mean is that to be a Mudejar you had to be a Muslim on the Christian side, where it was very difficult to get and consume cannabis.
As for the population of North African origin, it may seem surprising now, but they were (I speak in general) the ones who most opposed and rejected the use of cannabis in Islamic Hispania, as their Islam was much more "radical-integrist-exclusionary" than the local one. In fact, when this minority rose to power in the Almoravid and Almohad periods, consumption was persecuted as never before in Islamic Hispania. And after that time, there are some writings from North African Islamic states criticising this consumption in Islamic Hispania (called al-Andalus; not to be confused with the current Andalusia).
As I mentioned previously, it was the majority Muladi (or "native origin") population that consumed the most cannabis; in the same way that the production and consumption of wine was common, something unthinkable in the rest of the Islamic world.

A real pleasure to be able to discuss these issues with you.
Cheers!

Caliphate & Nasrid period smoking pipes :

1663483357294.png

Although the use of hashish or cannabis was religiously forbidden in al-Andalus, its consumption must have been very common, judging by the smoking pipes from this period that have come down to us. It is not known when it began to be consumed, although there are some examples of pipes from the Caliphate period, such as those preserved in the Archaeological and Ethnological Museum of Córdoba, like this example in the shape of a ship's prow found in Espejo or this other vessel-shaped pipe found in a street in Córdoba.
In the Nasrid period, between the 13th and 15th centuries, it is known with certainty that pipe-smoking was commonplace, as is shown by the increasing number of examples preserved in relation to earlier periods. This is also attested to by the accounts of figures of the period, such as the religious figure Ibn Jamis Muhammad al-Ruayni, or the writers Ibn 'Asim al-Gharnati and Ibn al-Khatib, who mention this subject. The latter refers to some places in Granada during the reign of Sultan Muhammad VI in which hashish was consumed. In this article we discuss the smoking pipes in the Museum of the Alhambra and, specifically, the specimens that can be seen in Room VII of the permanent exhibition. Hispano-Muslim smoking pipes vary widely, from simple spherical bowl shapes to pipes with more complex exterior decoration. In general, however, they all follow a very similar pattern, changing in shape, size or decoration, but maintaining the same structure. Generally speaking, they can be divided into two parts: a burner or bowl, which is the part where the substance to be smoked was burnt; and a mouthpiece, a conduit that served as a draught and where the mouthpiece was fitted. The mouthpiece would be quite thin, judging by the thickness of the mouthpiece, and would end in a truncated cone shape, which makes it easier to suck through it. These mouthpieces would have been made of an organic material, possibly wood or reed, for which there is no archaeological evidence.
1663483595438.png

What stands out about these pipes is that they are small in size and fundamentally made in a mold, with different pre-established models that are repeated in different archaeological contexts throughout the peninsular geography with hardly any variation, which tells us either of an export of these molds or of the existence of a trade of pipes that were sold to some places and to others from the same production centers. In a large part of the preserved pieces, their use is perfectly evident, since in the area of the bowl there are blackened areas as a result of smoke.
1663483712686.png

typologies are very different and varied. Various examples can be found in the collection of the Alhambra Museum, such as:

• Geometric shapes : they correspond to one of the most widespread models, and the most abundant in the Alhambra Museum's collection. It is made up of simple geometric structures, in some cases with more rounded shapes and in other cases more angular. There are examples of both glazed and unglazed pieces, and with different decorative finishes.
    • Zoomorphic forms : they respond to animal figures, such as the lion-shaped examples preserved in the museum's collection.
    • Figurative forms: there are also other types of pipes that reproduce figurative elements, the most abundant being the forms of boats that, in addition to the collection of the Alhambra Museum, can be seen in pipes that appeared in other places and from different chronologies.

Some examples of the pipes in the collection of the Alhambra Museum:

• Pipe with vegetal decoration In this pipe, with forceful geometric shapes, the two parts that compose it are perfectly distinguished: the circular bowl, which is inscribed with a rectangular prism and that perfectly demonstrates the use given by the remains of black burning; and the triangular mouthpiece in which the reed is inserted and which connects with the bowl to act as a shot. The decoration is made based on curved stems with leaves that curl around the piece. These motifs are reproduced on the sides, the front, the rear and the mouth of the tank. Five incised circles have also been added to the diagonal cut of the embouchure. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.003-1024x768.jpg
    • Pipe with stamped decoration Another example of a pipe with geometric shapes is this specimen with a flat base and a circular bowl, stained black as a result of use. The stamped decoration based on bands of rhomboid shapes stands out in this piece. In the part of the bowl, the arrangement of this decorative band is horizontal. The mouthpiece where the mouthpiece is inserted also has a band, but in a vertical direction, surrounding the piece except for the base. It is accompanied by other minor incisions, also arranged in bands, on the diamonds or bordering them. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.002-1024x768.jpg
    • Glazed pipe with a lion 's head . Among the pipes in the Alhambra Museum there are also examples of glazed pieces, such as this pipe with a greenish glaze and a very marked angled structure. The bowl has a deep circular section deposit that communicates with the mouthpiece. The decoration consists of a series of moldings at different levels that follow the geometric shape of the pipe . In the frontal part it presents a head of a lion. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.006-1024x768.jpg
    • Lion shaped pipe. Pipe that represents a lion in a round shape and with molasses glaze. The circular and deep bowl is located on the animal's head, while the mouthpiece into which the mouthpiece was inserted is at the rear. The figure represents a lying lion but with its head raised and turned to one side. In this way, one of the sides of the pipe presents the face of the lion, while the other shows the mane. The face of the lion, its extremities, the mane and even the tail are detailed. Chronology: XV-XVI centuries.
      pipas-fumar.001-1024x768.jpg
    • Shoe-shaped pipe. Unglazed molded pipe in the shape of a shoe with incised decoration. The bowl is deep and has a vertical octagonal shape, with a circular curved duct in which the mouthpiece was inserted. The fact that this pipe was used is evidenced by the blackish stains, a consequence of exposure to fire, which it presents both inside the bowl and in the adjoining outside area. In addition to the shape of the piece itself, the pipe is decorated with incised lines: parallel lines interspersed with five-pointed stars, smaller parallel lines and tiny triangles. Below the top edge of the pipe runs a band with segments of horizontal lines arranged in a row. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.004-1024x768.jpg
    • boat shaped pipe. It represents one of the most widespread models of smoking pipes and which, through the preserved specimens, is known to have been used since the Caliphate period. This Nasrid pipe from the Alhambra Museum is made of unglazed ceramic. The nozzle orifice is located in the stern part, from there part in the union conduit with the bowl that is located in the central part of the ship. The details with which the mold of the ship has been made stand out from the piece, differentiating the hull from the deck. The narrower hull is decorated with jagged diagonal lines and the deck rises like a cabin with three small windows on each side that serve to locate the hashish deposit. Incised lines have been drawn on the stern deck as a grid. Chronology: XIII-XV centuries.
      pipas-fumar.005-1024x768.jpg
These pieces have been found in the different excavations of the Alhambra. For a long time they were considered pieces of little value, which meant that they were not registered and on occasions they were simply stored together with fragments and different objects also considered secondary. Luis Seco de Lucena mentions these pipes in an article in La Tribuna from April 1914, which shows a first interest in pieces that until now had not been taken into account. The study, catalog and publication of the Alhambra Museum pipe collection by Dr. Purification Marinetto made the Alhambra Museum pipes known. Since then, there have been various studies that have focused on this type of pieces and that can be consulted in the bibliography for more information on this subject.
pipas-fumar.009.jpg

BIBLIOGRAPHY : ARANDA LINARES, MªC.: Hashish pipes from the province of Cádiz . Proceedings of the International Congress "The Strait of Gibraltar", Ceuta, 1987, Vol. 2, 1988 (History of the Middle Ages). pp. 205-214. LOZANO, I.: Three Arab Treaties on Cannabis Indica. Texts for the History of Hashish in Islamic Societies. S. XIII-XVI . Madrid. Spanish Agency for International Cooperation. 1990. MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.: Game and recreation. Living in al-Andalus. Ceramic exhibition (S. IX-XV). Almería: Institute of Almerienses Studies, 1993. P. 261. MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.. Pipas. Islamic art in Granada. Proposal for a Museum of the Alhambra.Granada: Comares, 1995. Pp. 481-482. MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.; TKOTZ, M. Clay whistles. Treasures of the Alhambra, Islamic Kunts from Andalusia. Milano: Skira, 1995. Pp. 270-271

MARINETTO SÁNCHEZ, P.: Study and catalog of a collection of smoking pipes, Homage to prof Jacinto Bosch Villa, II. Granada: University of Granada, Department of Semitic Studies, 1991. pp. 1005-1030.

SECO DE LUCENA, L.: The National Monuments. The Alhambra is saved. Archaeological Investigations, La Tribuna, April 1914. VALDES FERNÁNDEZ, F.: Approach to the Origins of the Consumption of Hasis al-Andalus . Studies in Medieval History and Archaeology, 3-4, 1984. Pp. 141-1 VALDES FERNANDEZ, F.: More hasis Studies in Medieval History and Archaeology, IX, 1993. Pp. 289-2[/b]
Extremely impressive research, each of those pipes is a work of art. The pipe I displayed in my post was found in Jerez near the port city of Cadíz about 3 hours away by car from Granada, and isn't as ornate as those you sent, but it does predate the others by a century Cide. Excellent work my friend. So interesting.

gosh almighty,, antiquities,, ha,, i is one,,

my blueberry cross officially topping out at near exactly 100inches,, yep,,

P1180241.JPG

the top half view shows my attempt at support for what i expect will come

P1180245.JPG

kelowna is returning, after a brief fall weather half week, to sun and mild, for the next ten days,, maybe into october,, the stretch run to bring this plant home

P1180247.JPG

this plant will be so dern perty in a month,, october willing,, i cant wait,

but i will

peace out friends,,

Up early with my better half. 3 guesses why. In the danger zone also. I'm on higher ground. The hollows might have got it real bad. I use a small forced air heater to kill frost on greens. Never tried it on a weed plant?

20220919_073503_resized.jpg
That looks cold. We are supposed to have frost on Wed. and a week of cool night temps then back to relative warm nights around 8C. I have a small electric heater in my cheap outdoor greenhouse at the ready ...hope it works out as the buds look good but not ready yet........

I think the idea is to keep the root zone warm if the heater's not big enough to warm the entire space and you have choose between canopy and roots, but maybe @Bill284 can confirm.
As long as the plant isn't in distress the root zone needs to be kept at <18c for optimal nutrient uptake.
The pots will hold temp longer than the plant.
It's susceptible to cold much quicker.
What temps are you dealing with so far?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Cold air temperatures really slow down the rate of photosynthesis. What's needed the most disapears the quickest for me. Plumating daylengh is next robbing the amount of it. Same reason you have to crank up the photons when you put plants in flower. Common lament in NS is not being able to sell outdoor bud anymore.:)

I prefer Accuweather app. The weather network app is like getting an amber alert when the case is already in court before a judge
My property is in a small valley 400 ft below the surrounding area so we routinely get a couple degrees cooler than the weather predictions here...so of a micro climate which plays hell on my veg garden every fall. I look up a 2-3 weather channels and pick the worst and add -2-3 to there prediction and its pretty well right on. Try Ventusky weather map app.

Back
Top Bottom