Cannabis for my grandmother whos dealing with pain

Virandell

Hi people I need some help, my grandmother have Arnold Chiari Syndrome ( I think that's how it's called in English) she have terrible pains in her legs/hips and back, she's taking naproxen and opioid (30mg codeine) and it's affecting her liver and its not really helping her. She agreed to try cannabis. In my country its illegal but I grew some pure CBD strain and Indica (pineapple kush), what would be the best option for her ? She's not looking for heavy high just pain relief.
I am planning to do coconut oil infused cannabis Should I do for her 1:1 THC/CBD or pure THC would work better for her ? What starting dose in mg should she start with ? She said she don't mind to smoke it aswell maybe would be better if she would have a small puff first (I would mix THC strain with CBD) to see how she feel instead of trying edibles ?
She's quite worried that she would be anxious after smoking weed or taking edibles but she really want to try it for her pain as she's feed up with her medications
I would appreciate any help.

THC and CBD are each said to be more effective when combined together in various ratios. Doesn't have to be 1:1, so you can experiment with different ratios to see what works best, but I think you're on the right road there.

CBD is said to work better with non-nervous system issues like inflamation, while THC often works better with the nervous system (nerves, etc). So it really depends on what is causing her pain. Cannabis works in part as a re-balancing agent, helping the body heal itself by rebalancing hormones etc.

Legal cannabis dispensaries in the US often limit single dose packaging to 10mg, but since everyone's body is different as is their response, it is always advised to start well below that level. In fact, start at a level lower than what is expected to provide relief and gradually increase it to find the dose that helps. Maybe even 1 mg to start. If taking edibles be sure to give several hours between doses so you don't accidently give her more thinking it's not working when in reality it is just taking a while to kick in.

Smoking is generally a quicker onset but also fades quicker. Edibles can often take a couple of hours to kick in but then last much longer.

Sativas often give more of a head high and can be more prone to anxiety, whereas indices are more of a body stone.

Start low and slow so she doesn't have a bad experience her first time and is more likely to try enough times to dial it in.

I would get on the internet and see what is recommended, use more than one source, try and find a concensus. There's a lot of variables having to do with how potent (%) the CDB and THC is, some suggest adding THC to the CBD. I am not qualified or comfortable giving dosing advice. So, do your research and make a decision, I'd start on the low side, see how it works and increase from there, if necessary.

Also, I would add that if it were me, I would make separate infusions for each of your cbd and thc plants. That way it will be easier to try different ratios to help dial it in, by combining different amounts from each one.

There are several ways to do the infusions from the coconut oil you reference to olive oil, to even vegetable glycerin which would be used as a sugary drop/dropper full under the tongue.

I made some coconut oil infusion and it doesn't make the most pleasant and tasty concoction.

Good on you for helping your grandmother. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom