My mum and cannabis

Strain Hunter

Today my mother (50 years young) asked me "would that stuff you grow & smoke help me sleep".
Ive tryed to explain the positive and negative effects of smoking cannabis to her, but shes still unsure weather to use it medicaly.
I would love to see her get a good nights sleep and occasionaly when her siaticia plays up be able to get some proper pain relif.
Can anyone help me with some info on this matter, ill be showing this thread to her so any input for her would be greatly welcome.
She might listen to someone elses opinion and take it on board a bit more.
Peace...

I take lots of meds for cancer and they interfere with sleep. There are some strains that are helpful to sleep and some that keep my mind going and prevent sleep. I think it depends on what other meds she takes and which strains work, so may have to experiment with several.

i Smoke an hour befor bed and i sleep all night if i dont smoke befor bed im all 5 or 6 times a night get her some grand dad purple thats what i use to sleep at night

I take lots of meds for cancer and they interfere with sleep. There are some strains that are helpful to sleep and some that keep my mind going and prevent sleep. I think it depends on what other meds she takes and which strains work, so may have to experiment with several.

what are the strains that help you sleep ?

I don't know the names that everyone uses, but one of my favorites is a deeply serrated fleshy leaf indica that grows an extended thinish bud that looks kind of like Romulin. Very sticky, grows about 6 ft. with long secondary colas, no tertiary branching, very dark green. The leaves around the bud are so heavy with resin I don't bother to trim them off, just eliminate the sparse shade leaves. Starts to have a strong fragrence long before other varieties. I have a picture but not sure how to upload it. In any case, no matter how sick I am from the meds, this will put me into a very relaxed state and allow me to sleep.

I don't know the names that everyone uses, but one of my favorites is a deeply serrated fleshy leaf indica that grows an extended thinish bud that looks kind of like Romulin. Very sticky, grows about 6 ft. with long secondary colas, no tertiary branching, very dark green. The leaves around the bud are so heavy with resin I don't bother to trim them off, just eliminate the sparse shade leaves. Starts to have a strong fragrence long before other varieties. I have a picture but not sure how to upload it. In any case, no matter how sick I am from the meds, this will put me into a very relaxed state and allow me to sleep.

Cheers for the input 215, so im kinda guesing indicas the way to go :cheesygrinsmiley:

i Smoke an hour befor bed and i sleep all night if i dont smoke befor bed im all 5 or 6 times a night get her some grand dad purple thats what i use to sleep at night

Cheers for the grandad purple tip kathy, i was just wondering what strains Insomniac patients find most helpfull and how they feel about useing cannabis medically.

I do the same, i smoke before bed too, if i don't i'll be up late, ya and indica strain is best to sleep, a kush strain would be nice and relaxing

In the end, your mom is going to have to try it and see if it works for her.

If she's bugged about the legality,...well, if your state allows MMJ, then she should see a doctor and listen to what they recommend. If your state doesn't allow MMJ, she'll be breaking the law even if it's used as medicine.

Get her to try it. And remind her that the most she can expect is "better" not "pain free."

In the end, your mom is going to have to try it and see if it works for her.

If she's bugged about the legality,...well, if your state allows MMJ, then she should see a doctor and listen to what they recommend. If your state doesn't allow MMJ, she'll be breaking the law even if it's used as medicine.

Get her to try it. And remind her that the most she can expect is "better" not "pain free."

ive just got her 2 grams of some tasty stuff, not sure of the strain, its a real fruity taste, we'll see how she goes cheers for the info guys :peace:

Good luck to your mom! I suffer from insomnia myself. I smoke a good bowl or two before bed. Depending on what kind I have. ( regs or dank) And i sleep like a baby. I can really tell cause we've been dry for a few days now. I toss and turn most of the night, and I wake up in the middle of the night and it takes me forever to get back to sleep. I hope that works for her!

Thanks everyone for this thread cause I dont sleep for crap either and the schwag I can get here helps a little but not much. One reason I started growin was for sleep among many others. I'm guessing an indica would be better for sleep. I see a lot of this word on the forums, "couch lock". If I cant sleep- well being so stoned as to not be able to get off the couch would work about as good for me lol.

Back
Top Bottom