Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

I agree 420%. This is your job, lol. There are subjects that should be pinned for easy reference. If only people would stop wanting intel, lol. Something we could work together on Brother! The original tutorials need updating also (always room for improvement and learning new things). Work load is way past busy. Helping the ill takes precedence but updating is also important. More than one can do brother. Every single time I start to update I have to put down everything, lose my train of thought and help someone who is in a very critical stage to get them going in the right direction. With all of that going on the edits have to be approved for safety, etc. Bottom line however, people are getting information that is saving them in the meantime. Hope all is well Brother! Also we should have a Q&A for peoples questions in one area no matter what their ailments in one place instead of scattered everywhere. Also it would show just how effective our beloved concentrate is for everything just about. Not just for cancer, epilepsy and major ailments, but for everything for wellness.

Great info Motoco.
We should have some permanent files somewhere about this, decarbing, etc.

You know, make it easier to find for ppl.
Cheers/jeers?

motoco,I could only get my last effort,to 95% cloudy,will this still work?? to get me started??

also,does it need to cure? or can I just dry and make rso??

I am starting to reread these threads,so my answers could already have been discussed

love that spirit,keep it up.:high-five:

Hello C526, Yes the flower should be dried and cured. Dry for about a week and minimum cure for a week. The longer you cure the better but if you need the oil now then 2 weeks minimum from time of harvest. Then to make sure the flower is dry enough, we like to sit it out on a cookie sheet or something like that. Cover it with paper towels and let it sit for a couple of hours before you put it in the freezer.

Over a year on chemo by the way...
Sorry, still getting caught up.

Oh, and I'm settled back in now. Thanks for all of the well wishes. Y'all are the best.

I'm making some indica (night) oil this weekend. It's a mix of Big Bang & Vanilla Kush. This mix was great during vaping. Should be nice oil.

Motoco, what are your thoughts on refluxing? I'm considering doing a hot wash/bladder for the yield. I'm going to build a reclaim still soon. I'll post pics & results.

Good to hear that you are settled in some where. I know we were all worried about you. I sent you a PM with a question about growing in coco. When you have the time, it would really help me out.

LOL canjunbro! You're correct on the Mods inserting the final touches, that would be the easy part, lol. We have to do all the add-on's/deletes before they see it, lol.

Got it fsc, lol. You guys are great to have as friends, :Namaste:

Motoco- damn, I volunteered? Lol. We need a Mod to create the sticky notes I think.

FSC- I'm catching up on messages, but I'll read yours right now. I'll reply pretty quick.

Outstanding write up Motoco. That's why you have the title "MEMBER OF THE MONTH" below your name. You are the "Pioneer" of "Tacking" RSO and many years and many lives saved down the road I will be telling anybody and everybody that will listen, as I do now!!!!

:love::circle-of-love::yahoo::adore: This is how I feel about our Motoco.

LOL, thank you brother! What it is all about compadre, spreading the word. Thank you for helping spread the love around. An ear at a time :high-five:

Outstanding write up Motoco. That's why you have the title "MEMBER OF THE MONTH" below your name. You are the "Pioneer" of "Tacking" RSO and many years and many lives saved down the road I will be telling anybody and everybody that will listen, as I do now!!!!

:love::circle-of-love::yahoo::adore: This is how I feel about our Motoco.

What strain was it Bro? Yes cure the herb, it also becomes more potent, more tasty. 10 day is sufficient for oil. Then air dry for a few hours; I lay the flowers out on some cookie sheets, covered with paper towels with a fan on low blowing over (not on) prior to freezing to insure proper drying. No worries, ask away, you're close to 'O' day, lol.

motoco,I could only get my last effort,to 95% cloudy,will this still work?? to get me started??

also,does it need to cure? or can I just dry and make rso??

I am starting to reread these threads,so my answers could already have been discussed

love that spirit,keep it up.:high-five:

Hey guys, I'm back after trying tacking for a bit. I am 99% positive I am tacking correctly (I get it to 'stick' and if I look 10 min later I still see it). BUT I'm still getting the euphoria which is just making life a little tricky. I don't want to rinse and spit, because I'm afraid of wasting oil. I understand that it's about how much is absorbed in the way we want it to be but still.....I just want to get this right and there is so much info out there. I figure if I am tacking correctly, then I'm getting whatever can be absorbed directly into gums that way... and then the rest ends up mixed in with saliva and ingested. I'd almost rather be safe and do it that way. Not that I like the euphoria either cuz I don't.

also, I'm still at a grain or grain and a half split up throughout day.... my pain is not going anywhere (unless I use pain meds), is it because I'm not on much of a high dose yet? I really want to discontinue the pain meds, but it's pretty bad.

Thanks again!
Angela

Hi Agela.
Tacking does have a learning curve. I had the same problem, I knew I had a good tack but still got euphoric 2 to 3 hours later. But, I kept working with it and now I am getting it right. My biggest ptoroblem is I would have a tendency to squeeze just a bit too much out of the syringe. I was trying to tack with just 1/4 size grain of rice and I had a hard time judging that tiny drop. I have an extremely low tolerance to THC. Also, if I do get euphoric it is very mild and a completely different feeling from when I try to smoke it. I have also tried the 911 dose of 1/8 grain rice to bring me back down and that does work. That is as long as I keep those doses at the tiny amounts. Eventually, I will get brave enough to up my dose just as an eperiment on myself.

I understand how you would think that since you did get the oil to stick that enough would have absorbed before you ingested the rest. If you are getting europhic then enough did not get absorbed. Getting the tack right is very important to the healing process. If you continue ingesting too much before absorbtion then a couple of things will happen down the road. When ingesting the oil it will act as a manmade drug and your body can build a tolerance to it. Also healing does not seem to take place when the oil does not get to those CB1 receptors first. The only way you can know for sure that the oil is seating in the CB! receptors is when you do NOT get the eurphoric feeling. I hope I am making since. I am sleep deprived right now. Bottom line is you must be getting some absortion or your eurphoria would be much worse.

So my suggestion would be to make sure you are working with just 1/4 grain size of rice at a time. You do this by spliting 1/2 and take your time with the tacking. Then try not to swallow for about 15 minutes. Do you get euphoic with just the first dose in the morning?? Or with every dose??

I am sure that Motoco has a solution. Since you need to work up to bigger doses you really want to get thses smaller doses under control first. stay strong and keep at it.
Peace
fsc

Hi you guys,

I've been doing it since sat (I had tried a bit before that but steady twice a day since sat), was hoping to get it up to 3 times a day once I am in control of the 2. The morning dose hits (euphoria) 3 hours later, and the afternoon dose doesn't seem to do much more but I don't know.

I think trying to squeeze a small amount out is hard like you said. Also I was finding if I tried to cut a 1/2 grain in half then it wasn't tacking properly. It would just leak right off almost instantly cuz it didn't have its tackiness still in it. Is this why you guys recommend a metal pusher?

Angela, how many days have you been tacking out of curiosity?

Hi you guys,

I've been doing it since sat (I had tried a bit before that but steady twice a day since sat), was hoping to get it up to 3 times a day once I am in control of the 2. The morning dose hits (euphoria) 3 hours later, and the afternoon dose doesn't seem to do much more but I don't know.

I think trying to squeeze a small amount out is hard like you said. Also I was finding if I tried to cut a 1/2 grain in half then it wasn't tacking properly. It would just leak right off almost instantly cuz it didn't have its tackiness still in it. Is this why you guys recommend a metal pusher?

The flat metal instrument like the cuticle pusher or butter knife is for spliting the dose in half and then flattening the 1/2dose on your index finger then tack with that finger. What do you mean by leaking off? Are you referring to it moving on your finger when you are tacking?? Even with that small dose, it does not all come off your finger with the first application. Look at your finger where the oil has moved and then apply that right next to your first tack. Also when you are tacking, after 10 seconds start moving your finger in a circular motion to feel the tack taking place. Once you remove your finger, geltly rub your finger across your gum to see if you can feel the difference of where the tack is. Your gum it smooth until you reach the area of the tack. Your finger will not "slide" over the area where you just tacked.

Try tacking with just the 1/4 size grain of rice and wait 15 minutes before you apply the other 1/4 grain of rice size. Let us know how it goes today with it. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress with this. Hang in there. You will get this!!
Peace
fsc

Angela, I'd recommend giving it 4 to 5 days. Reevaluate your dosage then. I wouldn't get in a big hurry to up the dosage, but after about 5 days you should feel no euphoria at your current dosage.

A lot of patients try to get to 1g/day asap. That should take a month or so to get to that dosage at upping dose every 4-5 days.
Disregard if you're sticking to a recommended amount, but still should feel no euphoria especially after the time mentioned.
Are you having better luck today?

Hi angelarae, we can make the learning curve much easier if you would like simply by 'Skyping'. The Wife has a 100% success so far. Words can be read but using and understanding that some finesse is used, the amount to 'tack' with is key. The water/spitting insures beginners to have a safe use. You cannot get high if it doesn't drain down. Once your tack strips build up it becomes much more easier.
Getting it right gives you instant relief upstairs. When you mention cutting your oil in half it shouldn't be runny like you mention, are you heating it up first before cutting the dose size down? Leads me to think if your decarboxylation was done properly?

Hi you guys,

Thank you guys, I think I did better today (I wasn't flattening the oil and making it tacky so it was sort of dripping off). I did feel some euphoria still but I drove and ran some errands, overall not too bad.

I don't know but I'll keep practicing and seeing how things go the next few days.

Hi angelarae, we can make the learning curve much easier if you would like simply by 'Skyping'. The Wife has a 100% success so far. Words can be read but using and understanding that some finesse is used, the amount to 'tack' with is key. The water/spitting insures beginners to have a safe use. You cannot get high if it doesn't drain down. Once your tack strips build up it becomes much more easier.
Getting it right gives you instant relief upstairs. When you mention cutting your oil in half it shouldn't be runny like you mention, are you heating it up first before cutting the dose size down? Leads me to think if your decarboxylation was done properly?

Thank you guys, I think I did better today (I wasn't flattening the oil and making it tacky so it was sort of dripping off). I did feel some euphoria still but I drove and ran some errands, overall not too bad.

I don't know but I'll keep practicing and seeing how things go the next few days.

Glad you had a better day. The oil just dripping off your finger is curious. Is that at room temp or do you heat it up that maybe causes that??

Hi anglearae, your getting closer and closer. Exactly why flattening helps. Make sure when applying the oil to your gums you are pressing firmly (like trying to press it into your gums). The reason why the euphoria wasn't too bad was you tried to tack better (as you mentioned, easier controlled when flattened a tad). Are you pulling your finger out and checking to see where the oil has moved? Then when re-applying to tack in a different spot right next to your first one? Keep repeating till its all gone. Another mention; you said you didn't want to take a small drink of ice water or to spit out your saliva because you didn't want to waste your oil. If its tacked on your gums you won't lose any oil, its not water soluble. But by not swallowing any saliva for 5-10 minutes you will have no euphoria. The healing process is much more effective with 0 euphoria. As you keep improving your tacking method like canjuncelt/fsc has mentioned it becomes much more easier. Soon you will be a jedi 'tack' master. Keep after it your very close. Many props for not giving up, you will find the dividends are so worth it . :goodjob:

Hi folks/420 oil crew,

I'm doing a small harvest today and will be mostly off-line. Plenty of 420 Members to help/point in the right direction if someone needs it. If an emergency the 'oil crew' knows my door bell. Have a great day, Mo and I love you guys for all the help you do! It gets better and better doesn't it? Just gotta love the concentrate.

:peace: :circle-of-love:and Happiness

Hi 420 Motoco,
Thank you so much for the detailed directions on how to use the oil RS style.

I have tried it three times now before bed, starting with 1/4 , than 1/2 a grain of rice. Third day maybe a little less than 1 grain of rice size.

Each time I just wake up with a film of oil slime across my teeth. It's quite disgusting. And all I can do to get it off is brush my teeth. This seems like a waste and that it's probably not the right way to get the oil into my guts for healing.... (I have ulcerative colitis).

Is there another way I can get the oil in other than applying on my gums under my teeth? I should mention that I have almost no salivary glands, they were destroyed by radiation for cancer when I was younger (i.e. dry mouth).
Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom